MDE/Disney+ Hacking Complications

BridgetBordeaux

DIS Veteran
There have been news items of some compromised Disney accounts in the past few days.
People here have been reporting strange FP change emails as well.

See this..... https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...l-are-park-hours-officially-changing.3779679/

I set up my Disney+ account before Nov 12th and used my "favorite" email and used a unique password.

Once the news hit, I waited until yesterday to change my credentials.

Wow------was I mad!
First, they stored the credit card info and will do so for the next 36 months since I paid for a 3 year contract and they assume I will auto-renew.
Second- I changed my pw and that changed my MDE password to be the same thing---not safe
Third- I tried to change the Disney+ related email address and that would have force a change to all Disney accounts.

This is ridiculous! We should not be having all these accounts with the same email and pw.

I called both Disney (MDE) and Disney+ (888-905-7888).
I was on hold with Disney+ for 90 minutes, from 630am to 9am.

I asked both teams to pass on my objection up the chain of command......they need to cease the common email and password policy.

Also you can not delete the cc info....only change it.

I actually dug up a Tire store credit card serviced by a national bank and I changed the cc stored to this one. It only has a 2000 limit and I never use it. The system actually accepted it.

This is the first time in my life I had 2 Disney products......and had no idea they would be using the same email/password access.

Please contact Disney and tell them they need to stop forcing a common email and pw across all their products. It is bad for credit safety/identity reasons.

Last edited:
WOW, they did change my MDE password. I was happier with them being different. Oh well, the Mouse has spoken and I guess I need to live with it. But I agree it's terrible security.

When it launched I tried to change my Disney+ password and then couldn't get into MDE without using the new one. Waited a week and tried it in reverse (changing MDE password) and then couldn't get into Disney+. Was hoping it was a hiccup. No way should these services be forced to be the same, especially since many kids are using devices with Disney+ - even further potential for breaches. I'm kicking myself for not using a different email for Disney+.

Also you can not delete the cc info....only change it.

I actually dug up a Tire store credit card serviced by a national bank and I changed the cc stored to this one. It only has a 2000 limit and I never use it. The system actually accepted it.
Didn't realize this about the CC info. Thanks for the heads up! Does your Tire store credit card carry over to MDE? (Was thinking I might try to stick a gift card (i.e. VISA/MC) in and see if that sticks or see about using another CC. ) Thanks

When it launched I tried to change my Disney+ password and then couldn't get into MDE without using the new one. Waited a week and tried it in reverse (changing MDE password) and then couldn't get into Disney+. Was hoping it was a hiccup. No way should these services be forced to be the same, especially since many kids are using devices with Disney+ - even further potential for breaches. I'm kicking myself for not using a different email for Disney+.

Didn't realize this about the CC info. Thanks for the heads up! Does your Tire store credit card carry over to MDE? (Was thinking I might try to stick a gift card (i.e. VISA/MC) in and see if that sticks or see about using another CC. ) Thanks

Point One- Yes.....I also would have used a different email if I had known about this policy in advance.

Point Two- Yes- a prepaid Visa type gift card will work. That is exactly what a manager from Disney+ told me would be a decent work around. I chose to try the Tire store cc instead since it was already laying around the house.

Point One- Yes.....I also would have used a different email if I had known about this policy in advance.

Point Two- Yes- a prepaid Visa type gift card will work. That is exactly what a manager from Disney+ told me would be a decent work around. I chose to try the Tire store cc instead since it was already laying around the house.
Thank you!

Edit: Success! I had a VISA card with about $10 left on it, so plugged that in and clicked off the button to use across Disney sites. It went through.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!