MDE Family and Friends List - Strange Name?

MrsBooch

DIS Veteran
Hello all
This is my first time using MDE so I can't be sure that this isn't something that just happens to everyone but....
I was booking some reservations and using the drop down list of my friends/family list and saw an unfamiliar name. I thought it was a fluke but I went to the main list and there this person was.
It listed his name, and when I clicked Update it said I could Remove him or Invite him to Connect and he was listed as "plans managed by me" which I thought meant that I would have had to have added him?? I most definitely did not - no one else in my traveling party even has the app or knows how to do it (my job).

I got in touch with disney help via chat and they just said "oh yeah that's not supposed to happen, change your password"....

Is this normal? Was my account hacked? Basically I'm asking if this has happened to anyone else. I've tried searching online and here, but to no avail.
Thanks in advance!

Hello all
This is my first time using MDE so I can't be sure that this isn't something that just happens to everyone but....
I was booking some reservations and using the drop down list of my friends/family list and saw an unfamiliar name. I thought it was a fluke but I went to the main list and there this person was.
It listed his name, and when I clicked Update it said I could Remove him or Invite him to Connect and he was listed as "plans managed by me" which I thought meant that I would have had to have added him?? I most definitely did not - no one else in my traveling party even has the app or knows how to do it (my job).

I got in touch with disney help via chat and they just said "oh yeah that's not supposed to happen, change your password"....

Is this normal? Was my account hacked? Basically I'm asking if this has happened to anyone else. I've tried searching online and here, but to no avail.
Thanks in advance!
Could it be a friend of a friend of family member? When I added my sister on MDE I saw her husband listed under my friends and family and we had never linked or shared any plans.

Could it be a friend of a friend of family member? When I added my sister on MDE I saw her husband listed under my friends and family and we had never linked or shared any plans.

I wish it were someone I knew - or someone who was listed alongside my other "friends and family" people - it isn't.
The person's name was completely and totally unknown to me and my friends/family list.

MDE is so glitchy. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was just a random glitch, but change your password to be sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter