MDE Friends & Family Problems - HELP!

wdw4lif

Mouseketeer
On the computer, every time I try to "add guest" to my Friends & Family list on MDE, I get a blank page that says "This page isn't working. disneyworld.disney.go.com is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500" . On the mobile app (that I just installed), it only gives me the option to add them by "Find through my connected guest" (obviously she isn't there or I'd select her) and "Ill enter their name and age" (which would have ME controlling them. I need for my mother, my sister, and I (all different MDE accounts) to be connected so we can book our FP's together. My sister is already connected to me, but neither one of us are connected with our mother. Anyone have any suggestions for me? It use to allow the "invite" but I don't see that anymore.

A lot of us have had problems. If your mom has a hotel confirmation you can try connecting using that. Otherwise you can call and they can help you that way. Not great solutions but the friending through MDE has been a real struggle lately.

If you go through the "I'll enter their name and age" flow, you will have the option to "invite this guest to connect" (You have to enter an age of 13+ to get the invite option)
From there, enter their email address and once they accept the invite you will be connected

Thank you! I tried to go online to chat and the person helping me said that it has to be my computer or account because they haven't had any issues with MDE. LOL

A lot of us have had problems. If your mom has a hotel confirmation you can try connecting using that. Otherwise you can call and they can help you that way. Not great solutions but the friending through MDE has been a real struggle lately.
We aren't staying in the same room... is this still a possibility or would that try to add us to her reservation?

Any time I have tried connecting through a linked resort reservation, the invite comes to me, instead of the person I'm trying to connect with.

If you have time, call. I had some similar issues and could not get it resolved until I called in. It was during that time last summer when all the MDE issues were occurring.

We aren't staying in the same room... is this still a possibility or would that try to add us to her reservation?
No, this just brings up the person through their hotel reservation number and you can link their MDE account to yours that way. I just did that last week with no problems.

No, this just brings up the person through their hotel reservation number and you can link their MDE account to yours that way. I just did that last week with no problems.
I just tried to do this, but I got an error message saying the reservation is already linked to my Mom's account and it won't let me do it. I clicked on link resort reservation, so I don't even know if that's right? LOL

Call, I called today and I had to wait 15 minutes but he was so helpful and resolved everything!

I just tried to do this, but I got an error message saying the reservation is already linked to my Mom's account and it won't let me do it. I clicked on link resort reservation, so I don't even know if that's right? LOL
Let me look at it to remember exactly what I did....so under "Family and Friends" in MDE, go to the bottom to "Add a Guest", then click on "Import from a Walt Disney World Reservation" and you can enter their reservation number and last name and it will pull up their MDE profile. Then you can link them from there and it will send them a confirmation email that they have to confirm and then you should be all set!

Let me look at it to remember exactly what I did....so under "Family and Friends" in MDE, go to the bottom to "Add a Guest", then click on "Import from a Walt Disney World Reservation" and you can enter their reservation number and last name and it will pull up their MDE profile. Then you can link them from there and it will send them a confirmation email that they have to confirm and then you should be all set!
When I click on add guest, it gives me a blank page that says: "This page isn't working. disneyworld.disney.go.com is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500"

ETA: I did it on my phone connected to wifi also (not the app, but the website) and it was the same thing. I went to data instead of WIFI and it seemed to have worked! In other words, it's my internet provider!

ETA AGAIN: I got the invitations to be connected... I'm not sure they went to my mom... :-/

When I click on add guest, it gives me a blank page that says: "This page isn't working. disneyworld.disney.go.com is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500"

ETA: I did it on my phone connected to wifi also (not the app, but the website) and it was the same thing. I went to data instead of WIFI and it seemed to have worked! In other words, it's my internet provider!

ETA AGAIN: I got the invitations to be connected... I'm not sure they went to my mom... :-/
If your mom doesn't get the invite for a while or at all (we had this happen), she can go onto her Disney page, make sure she's logged in, and next to where it says welcome at the top, there's a red box with numbers in it - that's your notifications. Click on that and she can accept your invite through that! Note that I had trouble opening up the notifications in Chrome but I was able to do it fine in Explorer.

Update: I went into the App to "resend invitation" and my mom got the invite. We are now all connected! She had to make a phone call though as well. So we're not sure what actually worked LOL . Thank you everyone!

I finally had to call IT to get my MDE friends and family straightened out. There are still some things I can't see on my end, but IT assured me they are there on the back end and shouldn't cause me problems when I go to make fastpasses.

For being one of if not THE biggest multimedia company in the world, their website is ridiculously awful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter