MDE Friends & Family Question

vetrik

DIS Veteran
We have an upcoming Disney trip. I manage profiles/plans for my 2 children. We want to connect through the MDE Friends and Family list with relatives that will be touring with us (they live nearby and do not have Disney resort reservations). My husband and I were able to connect accounts by sending email invites, so that is fine. However, my relative cannot see my children to make Fastpasses for them, and I can't find a way in my account to connect them. We've been on several trips, and I know other adults have been able to plan for my kids before (and they still show up in the profiles), but we've always linked through Disney reservations before. The kids don't show up through connected Guests.

Does anyone know how to set it up so a Friend/Family member with a linked account can see and make Fastpasses for the minors my account manages?

I'm not an expert, but I would first double check that your list is shared. I don't think your connected friends can see your managed profiles if the list isn't shared.

If you (and them) go back to your respective family & friends list and select 'Add a Guest', the default option is to add people you may know. This option should show the managed profiles of connected friends.

If either of you don't see the other families managed profiles, there could be one of a couple of issues:
  • the other family has their family & friends list set to private
  • the option is not working for you (or them)

If necessary, calling MDE Tech Support can assist in connecting with the other families managed profiles.

If you have an Disney reservation, you can give the confirmation number to the other family and they can use that to connect to your entire family by selecting the import through a disney reservation option (only available on the MDE website).

Thank you both! I'll call Tech Support, because there definitely seems to be some kind of glitch where even though we are connected, we can't see any of their friends to connect with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!