MDE today OMG urgggggggggggggh/Nov 4-6, and 9-10

Ever since downloading the latest version of the app, MDE has been ridiculously slow and unresponsive. I haven't had it fail completely yet, but sometimes it is so slow I wish it would. It is the rare app that I have to actually kill.

Last edited:
But what is there to see?? There's no barcode or anything...just the date and time which could have been made and canceled a billion times. Screenshots don't seem verifiable. But will the Magic Bands still have the info on them??
All the info is on the magic band so you should be fine. People suggest to screen shot just in case something goes wonky. The CM at the ride may accept the screen shot, but that shouldn’t be needed.

All the info is on the magic band so you should be fine. People suggest to screen shot just in case something goes wonky. The CM at the ride may accept the screen shot, but that shouldn’t be needed.

So even if the site is down the MBs still work properly?

So even if the site is down the MBs still work properly?

Maybe and maybe not. The data is not actually on the magic band. The scanners have to be able to access the database. But just because the website is down doesn't mean that the database itself is down. If the method the scanners use to access the database is still working, then MBs will work. Often one means of getting to the data (like the website) is down and others (like the app) aren't. But if the scanners can't get at the info in the database, then no FPs. Does anyone know if that's ever happened?

I can't access my plans. I would like to change resorts for my upcoming trip but it won't let me in. I hate to be on the phone for an hour. Ugh

But what is there to see?? There's no barcode or anything...just the date and time which could have been made and canceled a billion times. Screenshots don't seem verifiable. But will the Magic Bands still have the info on them??
Magic Bands don’t have any information stored on them. All of the info is recalled from MDE.

We will be in Orlando on Saturday. I hope it will be somewhat working when we get there. Very disappointing thought. Because of all the MDE issues I had a lot of problems booking ADRs this trip. Fast passes were horrible to book. I had re-arrange my schedule to get some fast passes. that is nuts. I should not arrange my trip around a few rides. Next trip to Orlando, we are going to Universal and just get express passes. Less stressful.

What I do, knowing the (un)dependability of the website, is that when I make ADRs and FPs, I copy the details (times for FPs, reservation numbers for ADRs) to my Touring Plans dashboard, which is then reflected in the Lines app on my phone. Its better than not having them at all.

Even if you have a printout or photos of your fastpasses to use, And your magic band is operative, I thought part of attraction of MDE as presented by Disney was to be able to make changes while in the park to fast passes, change timing, change fast pass, grab a fourth fast pass, make or change ADR’s. If the ap and web version of MDE is unavailable, isn’t the ability to get the most of your Park day compromised or am I missing something?

I have had to go Incognito mode on Chrome to be able to access it for weeks now :scared:

I just tried incognito and got the same results as I've been getting: Please come back later. We are unable to show your plans at this time.

I hope it works for others. I will try again later. Good luck everyone!

I just tried incognito and got the same results as I've been getting: Please come back later. We are unable to show your plans at this time.

I hope it works for others. I will try again later. Good luck everyone!

:worried: I will have to go check mine now to see if it is still working!

So if it goes down while you are there you can't use the app to show your FPs, correct? Or are the Magic Bands able to show all that?? My FPs are all made and I leave Thursday. If the site goes down am I sunk, or do I flash the Magic Bands?
I’m here now with the same issues. I keep refreshing, signing in and out, even deleting and reinstalling the app. And that’s just trying to change up some FPS. Brutal. Yes they are still there. I have been missing FPS, canceled things showing up, numbers of people missing, things like that. I always print out all my plans, especially dining reservation confirmation and screenshots

Anyone else having problems logging in today? Trying to make a payment and I keep gettin a message saying Please come back later

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter