MDE when you change resort ?

Sarah297

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone,
Hope someone can give me some advise here please. We pre booked our 2020 WDW trip with Virgin to stay at Yacht Club in May... when the free dining then went live after waiting 4 days Virgin got back to us saying Yacht Club rooms had not been made available so we booked Animal Kingdom Lodge instead...... 4 days later Disney released more rooms and our original request for Yacht Club was now available so Virgin amended our booking and we are now confirmed at Yacht Club with free dining ( over £1000 cheaper then the original quote as well ).

Then yesterday evening MDE linked up our booking but for Animal Kingdom Lodge ..... does any know what happens with this when you change your hotel ?? Will this just change in a few days when they get the amended invoice ?? I am sure others on here have been in this situation before ?
Also noticed just hotel showing no to tickets or dining plan ?? Again is this usual .

Hope someone can help
Thanks loads
Sarah

I had a similar experience when I changed from a split stay to AKL only. It took several days for the correct booking etc to show on MDE with several strange variations in the meantime. I put it down to the way the Disney systems work in the background. My recommendation would be to give it a few days and if it is still wrong then ring Disney/Virgin.

I do all my own booking through the USA site so frequently change my reservation. The reservation updates immediately but I would assume that going through a TA is what is taking the time. As others have said, wait a few days but if it hasn't updated then give Virgin a ring.

Took about two weeks for my recent hotel amendment to show up, so don’t panic just yet!

Thanks so much, it’s very reassuring reading your comments ... Disney planning can be very stressful and I don’t need a reason to worry it just kinda comes naturally..

Bit late to the game, but this may effect you down the line:

We were originally booked in at Coronado Springs for early Oct this year, but then changed to POFQ late Sept. It did take a several days for everything to change on MDE, but what I discovered earlier this week is that the online Check In function on MDE is still attached to our Coronado booking. I spoke to a CM on the phone yesterday who confirmed that this does happen sometimes and unfortunately can't be changed. However at the end of the day beyond room requests the online check in doesn't have a huge benefit for us as we'd have to go the to desk to pick up our magic bands anyway, and the CM was able to add our room request notes while I had him on the phone!

TL;DR - if you want to do online check in, it might be stuck on your original booking, so factor in time on arrival to check in the old fashioned way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!