Meal idea for in our resort

My favourite on every vacation (I fly, but bought a very small crock pot on the buy sell trade here) I put it in my carry on, at the bottom and put stuff in it. Anyhow, cut up peppers & onions in the bottom of the crock pot, boneless skinless chicken breasts on top of peppers. Sprinkle taco seasoning on top, let cook on low while you are out all day, shread chic breasts like you would pulled pork. Bag of shredded lettuce, bag of grated cheese, and a bag of tortilla's, supper is done. Easy peasy, and not much clean up. I also buy, lunch meat, cheese, pickles, and sub buns, bag of chips, and do subs one night. I am also up before everyone else, so I have thrown a turkey breast in and cook it while they are sleeping, then cut it up, put in fridge, throw wrapped baked potatoes in crock pot, and have turkey, veggie, and potato.

Last summer we drove to Williamsburg and stayed in a timeshare. I made some things ahead of time and froze them. They were still frozen solid when we got there at least 8 hours later. It was easy to have some thing like meat sauce ready to go and less cooking on vacation

I will be headed to Bonnet Creek next month. I am staying for a week. I hadn't planned on cooking dinner often but some how my boys convinced me to let them invite friends So now it's me and 4 boys ages 10-12. We usually eat breakfast and lunch in our room but now I plan on doing 5 dinners as well. I was planning on doing tacos, hotdogs, lasagna etc. anyone have any fun or different suggestions? I should mention that we aren't doing the main Disney parks but plan on the Disney Water parks for the week. thanks for any suggestions!

We did an offsite condo when we were there with a basketball team and my room became the dining hall for about 5 extra boys.

We did
Stouffers Lasagna/Spaghetti and salad/garlic bread
Rotisserie Chicken/Fried Chicken from Walmart and Baked Potatoes
Burgers
Make your own subs
Eggs
Frozen pancakes or waffles
Biscuits and Gravy
Bacon and Sausage

Easy Crockpot:
All ingrediants listed but also S&P to taste

Chicken Breast cooked with Salsa for tacos or over rice
Pork shoulder with Dr Pepper (or root beer) and then spice (we use chipoltes in Adobo but any thing will do to give it a kick) for pulled pork
Chicken in BBQ Sauce
Chicken, canned pineapple, frozen veggies in Teriyaki sauce over rice or noodles.

Last edited:
We did an offsite condo when we were there with a basketball team and my room became the dining hall for about 5 extra boys.

We did
Stouffers Lasagna/Spaghetti and salad/garlic bread
Rotisserie Chicken/Fried Chicken from Walmart and Baked Potatoes
Burgers
Make your own subs
Eggs
Frozen pancakes or waffles
Biscuits and Gravy
Bacon and Sausage

Easy Crockpot:
All ingrediants listed but also S&P to taste

Chicken Breast cooked with Salsa for tacos or over rice
Pork shoulder with Dr Pepper (or root beer) and then spice (we use chipoltes in Adobo but any thing will do to give it a kick) for pulled pork
Chicken in BBQ Sauce
Chicken, canned pineapple, frozen veggies in Teriyaki sauce over rice or noodles.

I gotta try that pork shoulder and dr pepper !!!:thumbsup2

I gotta try that pork shoulder and dr pepper !!!:thumbsup2

My family LOVES this. It's actually an adaptation of The Pioneer Woman's Spicy Dr Pepper Pulled Pork. We only use half the can of Chipoltes and it packs the punch, but the Dr Pepper really mellows it out without being too sweet.

She uses sliced onions and brown sugar as well. I skip the onions and I only use about 1/4th of the brown sugar (if at all) as we like things savory not super sweet.

But the DrPepper and Chipoltes in Adobo are a killer combo.

These are some of the dishes I make ahead and freeze when camping. Can't think of why they wouldn't work in an actual house:

Lidia's Italian wedding sandwiches

http://foodschmooze.org/recipe/lidias-insanely-delicious-italian-beef-roasted-barolo-wine/

OR

http://www.food.com/recipe/italian-beef-sandwich-476780#activity-feed

Somebody doesn't like mushrooms (poor them)? Don't use them. I finish the sandwich by topping with a bottled giardiniera or sweet pickled pepper mix so everyone gets their veggies w/o me dirtying another pot/dish. Whenever bottom rump roast goes on sale ($2.50- 5.00 @ lb)I pick one up to make this dish. I cook it in the oven but it can be browned and then crock-potted just as well. Don't worry about cooking with wine and serving children. The alcohol cooks off just leaving the grape flavor. Great time to pull out the electric knife and thin slice since the marinated meat tastes better that way:

Buy a roasted/rotisserie chicken from your local market. Cut the meat off the carcass and place on store bought microwaved naan, pita or sandwich rounds. Add a supermarket garden salad, bagged or packaged by the supermarket (or make your own) plus extra grape chopped tomatoes, sliced cucumber and thin sliced red onion. You can top with pepper ranch dressing or make your own dressing with a mix of mayo or sour cream and yougurt plus dried herbs (we are currently loving this with fresh mint but choose what makes your people happiest).

The ever popular Italian casserole dishes like manicotti, stuffed shells, and lasagna are always popular as well.

Not a dinner idea...but a "save you from starving boys just returning from a water park idea"...
Have a smoothie a day for when you walk back into the room...ideas are endless, but getting them something cold, something with protein, and something semi-filling will give you time to get things ready without wanting to kill anyone:)...some ideas...

- Fresh pineapple, bananas, vanilla ice cream (or coconut milk/cream) and ice - milk to thin if necessary (add rum to yours after you pour out 4 servings:)...
- Peanut butter, double banana, milk, vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, and ice (this is good with kahlua or vodka:)
- Strawberries (fresh or frozen), bananas, vanilla ice cream, ice - milk to thin if necessary (good with vodka)
- Orange juice, frozen bananas, milk, vanilla ice cream, ice - this is an orange julius (not really good with any alcohol, but tastes really good)
Etc, etc

The benefit is the kids will get probably 2 servings of fruit and 1 dairy...and you won't have done really any work but dropping things in a blender and hitting the button...to make it healthier, you could also switch all of the above to yogurt or greek yogurt (vs ice cream), but on vacation, I splurge...at home, I keep it healthier...

Once they finish the smoothies, you can make pretty much anything they want:)...and their appetites will be a lot lighter, so a tray of mac and cheese or lasagna thrown in the oven with no work would probably feed all of them without them asking where the rest of the food is (why yes, I've fed this age group a lot:)...
Those ideas sound delicious!

We always grill a couple meals at bonnet creek. Steak, veggies, baked potatoe. Also burgers. The Publix there has a nice selection of premade items, casseroles and salad in the deli. We grab some of those for quick meal days. Tacos are always easy as well.

I was on a budget trip to Disneyland in Anaheim back around 1995. We had no money and the only amenity in our room was a coffee maker. Here's what we did.... We ran water through the coffee maker (without coffee) to get near boiling water and used that water to cook instant noodles. One night we even boiled some wieners in the coffee pot to make hot dogs. Yum.

Not suggesting you do this, but like I said, we were on a very tight budget. Had to share.

My kids always liked Hobo dinners. Everyone gets a piece of foil. Put a hamburger patty or chicken breast on the foil and add sliced potatoes, onions, carrots, mushrooms over your meat that you salted and peppered and bake for an hour at 350.

Loaded baked potatoes. You can make taco potatoes with leftover taco toppings from taco night, chili and cheese potatoes, Italian potatoes with sauce, meat and provolone cheese.

Roast beef sandwiches just add a can of rotel tomatoes to your meat you are cooking in your crock-pot.

a couple of bags of ravioli and add sauce and cover with cheese and bake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter