Meal Plan

jbh275

Love VGC
Quick question,
Do you have to book the meal plan for your entire stay on property?

I am planning to get the meal plan for my future stay, however, I do not want to the get meal plan for all 9 days we are staying (8 nights).

I was told you have to get the plan for the number of days you are staying. What I'm thinking, I just book two separate reservations, 4 nights, 4 nights. I might do a 5 and 3 night reservation, but just figured I would ask here first.

Also, I was told the day you check in does not count, is that true? And how about the day you check out?

They count the number of nights, starting when you check in. Credit are good until the end of the day (midnight) on the check out day.
All those in the unit must buy for all the nights. A split stay in the same resort will count as 1 stay, so your 4 + 4 would be an 8 night stay. You need to change resorts or unit size to separate them.

I was told you have to get the plan for the number of days you are staying. What I'm thinking, I just book two separate reservations, 4 nights, 4 nights. I might do a 5 and 3 night reservation, but just figured I would ask here first.

Also, I was told the day you check in does not count, is that true? And how about the day you check out?
Yes, you have to get it for the entire stay. This is where the split stay can help with the cost.

Your check in day does count as day one -- check out day does not count, but you do have until 11:59pm to use up your credits on check out day.

A split stay in the same resort will count as 1 stay, so your 4 + 4 would be an 8 night stay. You need to change resorts or unit size to separate them.

I wonder if I put 1 reservation in my name, then the other (split stay) in my wife's name. Maybe I could make it look like two different reservations. We diffidently didn't want to change room size or resort. Thoughts?

I wonder if I put 1 reservation in my name, then the other (split stay) in my wife's name. Maybe I could make it look like two different reservations. We diffidently didn't want to change room size or resort. Thoughts?
You will have to change villas. If you don't want to buy the dining plan for every night of your stay, you need a second reservation in a different resort or different category of villa. And you move.

Years back, they used to allow people to book the same room as a split stay so people could do the dining part for part of the stay. What ended up happening, is some people were asking to do book it in more than just two segments, but all sorts of crazy configurations. For example, book 2 nights and do the deluxe plan, then do 2 more nights and no plan, and then 2 nights with regular plan, etc. I think it got way too complicated and more than they wanted so they changed the rule back to same room type and resort needed to be all or nothing.

IMO it depends on the CM's. The booking system doesn't check reservations to see if you have other reservations. If some CM's see that you are splitting up your reservation to use the DDP they may or may not merge reservations of the same name. Reservations with different lead names won't be merged but you will have to check out at 11:00 and check in after 4:00.

:earsboy: Bill

I'm going to piggy back on here with an additional question, what if you are doing a "split stay" to change your party size?

We are tentatively planning on staying 9 nights December 2020, but part of our group is planning on 7. If we do 7 nights with them on and then the last two with them off, will that be okay? I don't want to pay for them if they're not there, but I'd really rather not switch rooms either.

I was under the impression that if you did a 4+4 days at the same resort and same size villa then you could have the DDP for just the first 4 days but you had to ensure different lead guest' on the reservations.

I was under the impression that if you did a 4+4 days at the same resort and same size villa then you could have the DDP for just the first 4 days but you had to ensure different lead guest' on the reservations.
It depends on whether you end up with 2 separate reservations or one. Their goal is to combine reservations that can be combined but sometimes they do so and other times they don't.

OP, if you do a different resort, villa size or booking category; you can get if for part but you will have to change rooms. If you book it in your name with your wife as the second person for part and the reverse then you book the DP for the choice that fits best for your dining then if they later combine it, they will either call you or they will just cancel your dining plan. They might not combine it in this situation. You might have to move rooms but could ask to stay in the same room when you check in and again when you check in for the second portion 4 days later. It's likely you wouldn't have to change but you should be prepared to do so. Unless you'd get a huge benefit from the DP, I wouldn't fool with it if you don't want to change rooms anyway. Unless you can make hay with the deluxe plan it's extremely unlikely the DP would have much savings. The other issue of doing this is you'd have to wait to book the second portion for 4 more days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!