Meal Plans ?

Lisa loves Pooh

DIS Veteran
Can you explain these to me and if they are worth the money.

We are 2 adults, 2 kids ages 5 & 3.

Is it different if you are at a "good neighbor" hotel than a DL hotel?

Looks like for a 2 night/3 day stay--that adds $300 to the package.

Here's what you'd get...

Donald's 3 Days of Disney Dining Plan
8 Disney Dining choices per person.
Adult/Junior Meals included
Character Breakfast 1
Breakfast in the Park 1
$5 Voucher 3
$10 Voucher 2
$15 Voucher 1
Child Meals included
Character Breakfast 1
Breakfast in the Park 1
$5 Voucher 4
$10 Voucher 2

I did this two years ago and enjoyed it. It really helps with budgeting for us. We know what our trip will cost us entirely (for the most part) prior to going and it eliminates the worry of budgeting lots of cash for meals on a trip. We added it on for our trip in August. The more you have in your party, the more money you are supposed to be saving.
The way it works is you get a "coupon" book that has these vouchers in them. You use them as you wish, in any order, etc. But you cannot get cash back for them. So you will want to make sure if you have a $7.00 meal, always have a couple of extra dollars to add to a $5 voucher rather than spend a $10 and lose $3 (that is the only draw back, IMHO.)

Here is a link that really explains it all....gotta love Mary Jo.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=779349

In a nut shell, we like it!

What is "breakfast in the park"? I've been thinking of doing this for my DD and I when we go, as we're the only two who will do the character breakfast, thus making it worthwhile, since we can use the vouchers interchangably for the rest of our meals.
Also, if you have an adult/junior character breakfast voucher, can you use it for a child?
Sorry to hijack, you were asking similar questions to what I was thinking of ;)

I called to check on this and you can buy it by itself from the Walt Disney Travel Company in Downtown Disney. It would be $300 for us four for three days. But I am confused, how many meals is it really? Is it eight meals for each person plus those vouchers plus the character breakfast? I don't mean to sound lame but I just want to make sure how it works. Also, is there a special menu you order off of or price restrictions on the menu? Also, where exactly does it work? I was really worried about how to eat for under $100 per day with the four of us so this sounds like a plan. One more thing, if you don't use the vouchers do they expire?

Thanks!

MickyMommy said:
I called to check on this and you can buy it by itself from the Walt Disney Travel Company in Downtown Disney. It would be $300 for us four for three days. But I am confused, how many meals is it really? Is it eight meals for each person plus those vouchers plus the character breakfast? I don't mean to sound lame but I just want to make sure how it works. Also, is there a special menu you order off of or price restrictions on the menu? Also, where exactly does it work? I was really worried about how to eat for under $100 per day with the four of us so this sounds like a plan. One more thing, if you don't use the vouchers do they expire?

Thanks!
It is not meals, but "choices" meaning you use most of them (except the Breakfast in the park and Character dining ones) at your discretion. The vouchers that are worth a dollar amount, the $5, $10, $15, spend just like cash, but you get no cash back. They are good on anything at any particpating eatery. The breakfast in the park vouchers are worth $8.50, I believe, and are good for a full breakfast at Pacific Wharf or Club Buzz. So you can either order a breakfast plate and drink or get a combination of menu items that equal $8.50. The Character Meal vouchers include tip at any Character Meal, no menu restrictions. However, those vouchers are good "towards" a character meal at Goofy's Kitchen. You have to pay something like $5 out of pocket there due to the expensive prices there.

You can't really say it is a certain amount of meals, because everyone eats a different amount. When we used this in 2003, we were able to have two full meals and one snack each day.

If I remember correctly, they are good at just about everywhere except DD and some carts.

All of this info was from our 2003 trip, so some of it may have changed!!! Hope it helps!

two-foxes said:
(except the Breakfast in the park and Character dining ones) at your discretion. The breakfast in the park vouchers are worth $8.50, I believe, and are good for a full breakfast at Pacific Wharf or Club Buzz. So you can either order a breakfast plate and drink or get a combination of menu items that equal $8.50.

I thought that you could use this coupon at any restaurant that sold breakfast. I assume that we could use this coupon at the Carnation Cafe for breakfast using it for the dollar amount. Can this be done?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter