Meal to 3 snack conversion locations?

skyfranks

Mouseketeer
I tried to search but was unable find this info. I read that at some locations you can convert a meal into three snacks (as long as it's one transaction). I am looking for a list of places that allow the conversion as I know we will have a few dining plan meal credits left over. We are on the deluxe dining plan.

Anyone know of a list?

I tried to search but was unable find this info. I read that at some locations you can convert a meal into three snacks (as long as it's one transaction). I am looking for a list of places that allow the conversion as I know we will have a few dining plan meal credits left over. We are on the deluxe dining plan.

Anyone know of a list?

There is no such list as this is one of those things that is ever changing. It's not written anywhere in Disney literature that this is even a possibility.

Generally, you'll have no problem at any resort. Most booths at Food and Wine, Flower and Garden, etc in EP will do it (have seen a report or two of a couple places not doing it), Starbucks has been known to do it, Goofy's Candy Co, the candy store on Main St.

Just ask the CM where you want to do it and see what they say. Even at those mentioned above, you'll need to ask first as they may no longer do it.

I did it at the caramel store in Germany in Epcot many times and our resort gift shop as well.

Earlier this month we did that at the bakery in France (EPCOT) and at our food court and gift shop (POFQ).

I've never been anywhere that they WON'T convert a QS to 3 snack credits. We've done it at gift shops and Food & Wine and never been turned down. Since Jan. 2018, the problem is that you forfeit the alcoholic beverage when you convert to 3 snack credits.

We got 3 filets at the Canada booth during Food & Wine. That's a pretty good use of a credit, as they are each $8.
Otherwise we did it in the resort food court and gift shop.

I've done this multiple times over the last eight years at El Mercado de Coronado (Pepper Market) without issue.

If you convert to snack credits, do they all need to be spent at that same time/location? Or can you get a snack and carry the 2 additional newly acquired snack credits over?

I've never been anywhere that they WON'T convert a QS to 3 snack credits.
I tried to do it at World of Disney in DS and was told that their registers aren't set up to handle it. Now this was in 2017, so perhaps things have changed, but at the time they could not do it.

If you convert to snack credits, do they all need to be spent at that same time/location? Or can you get a snack and carry the 2 additional newly acquired snack credits over?

Same time, same location, one transaction.

They aren't really "converting" anything; that's just the way we've named it. You're using a QS credit to pay for 3 snacks.

I thought i read they will convert a qs to 3 snack credits at your resort on your dining plan so they dont all have to be used at same location? Anyone able to confirm this?

I tried to do it at World of Disney in DS and was told that their registers aren't set up to handle it. Now this was in 2017, so perhaps things have changed, but at the time they could not do it.
Given that the Dining Plan is now just over 14 years old, and that this conversion has been possible at each venue's discretion since at least the first "free dining" promotion later that same year - no, I would expect their capability has not changed.
I thought i read they will convert a qs to 3 snack credits at your resort on your dining plan so they dont all have to be used at same location? Anyone able to confirm this?
I've never heard or read this. As sharonabe explained, there is no system provision to convert credits. It is therefore impossible to use the converted credits in separate transactions.

How many credits are you thinking you will have leftover? The deluxe dining plan means TS credits which can be worth $30-$40 or so each. 3 snacks may be worth around $15. If you have a lot of credits left maybe you should consider the regular dining plan and/or paying OOP.

Given that the Dining Plan is now just over 14 years old, and that this conversion has been possible at each venue's discretion since at least the first "free dining" promotion later that same year - no, I would expect their capability has not changed.

I've never heard or read this. As sharonabe explained, there is no system provision to convert credits. It is therefore impossible to use the converted credits in separate transactions.
Not the OP, but here is where I read that. Anyone have experience doing this at hotel front desk?

https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...quick-service-meal-dining-plan-snacks-379074/

Moms' Panel isn't always correct. Neither am I, but I feel more right about this than I think they are. If that makes sense. Anyway, there were some rumors about this being possible way back at the beginning of Free Dining, 2005-2006, when there was only one DDP.

Moms' Panel isn't always correct. Neither am I, but I feel more right about this than I think they are. If that makes sense. Anyway, there were some rumors about this being possible way back at the beginning of Free Dining, 2005-2006, when there was only one DDP.
That’s what I was afraid of. We may try it out and see what they say to us. The worst they can say is no and we stick with original plan. More snacks instead of QS (not big QS people) would just be great during F&G.

That’s what I was afraid of. We may try it out and see what they say to us. The worst they can say is no and we stick with original plan. More snacks instead of QS (not big QS people) would just be great during F&G.

Please do go and ask, AND then come back and let us know what happens. There is at least one DISer who has done this and often comes along to tell us all that it CAN be done. I guess there's always a chance it can be done and just not enough of us have tried asking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter