Mears transportation

puffkin

DVC Owner- SSR & AKV
Trying to plan out the first day of our trip in June. We are staying at ASMo and are due to arrive in Orlando around 9:00am on a Saturday. About how long should we expect to get from the airport to our resort using our Mear shuttle. Does it really take long for the buses/vans to fill up?

The flight I often take to WDW lands at that time. I am usually at the resort by 10am - 10:30 at the latest. The last time I took Mear's was about 6 weeks ago. Landed at 7:50pm and walked down Main Street at 9:15pm with plenty of time to spare before MSEP started at 9:30pm. Most DIS people hate Mears but I haven't had any problems. Also since I am almost always a party of 1 or 2 the cost of taking the towncar service everyone raves about is not reasonable.

I would plan on it taking about 2 hours from your plane landing to actually arriving at your resort.

The best scenario....

You arrive, no line for your ticket, you hop right on a van and your hotel is the first stop.

The worst scenario.....

You arrive, wait in a 30 minute line just for your ticket. You wait 20 minutes for a van to arrive. You wait 20 minutes for the van/bus to fill and you make 6-7 stops at other hotels before arriving at yours.

Tiffany charges $75 for a round trip. You can get a $5 cupon from their web page so the round trip costs only $70.
Last I heard Mears shuttle costs $25 per person round trip. For an extra $20 a party of 2 can be met at the luggage area and immediately be taken o your hotel. Mears jams you in a huge bus usually full of people and makes as many stops as necessary before you get to your hotel.
When you pay thousands for a WDW vacation the $20 is a minor amount to pay for the extra speed and comfort.
:bounce: :pinkbounc :jester: :bounce: :pinkbounc :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter