Mechanically Pureed Food at WDW

DisneyWishes14

DIS Veteran
I will be traveling with a young man who, due to medical issues, will require mechanically pureed foods at all restaurants. His family will be able to manually puree if need be, but, I'm wondering, is it best to call this request in and note it on all reservations? Or should I e-mail the Special Diets team at WDW? Or both? Thank you for your help.

The counter service restaurants won’t be able to purée food - they only have the equipment they need to make things on their menu.
The table service restaurants would be able to purée most things on their menu.
They would not be able to do anything (heating, purée or store food brought in by anyone).

One thing that will be important for you would be to explain how smooth and how thin it needs to be. Just being told purée might not be enough information.

The counter service restaurants won’t be able to purée food - they only have the equipment they need to make things on their menu.
The table service restaurants would be able to purée most things on their menu.
They would not be able to do anything (heating, purée or store food brought in by anyone).

One thing that will be important for you would be to explain how smooth and how thin it needs to be. Just being told purée might not be enough information.

Thank you so much! His mom will only ask them to puree foods that are on the menu. I guess I will contact Special Diets with the request. Can his mom then explain how smooth or thin it needs to be once we are at the table service restaurant?

Thank you so much! His mom will only ask them to puree foods that are on the menu. I guess I will contact Special Diets with the request. Can his mom then explain how smooth or thin it needs to be once we are at the table service restaurant?

Yes she can tell them those details at the restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!