Mechanics of Poly/BCV Split Stay

Rob Huff

Mouseketeer
We're heading to WDW for our first ever no-parks trip next week and couldn't be more excited. Between the AKL, Disney Springs, and the relative warmth (60s and low-70s sound balmy!), I've had to cut items from our itinerary to ensure that we relax. What fun!

One impact of this upcoming stay, however, is that I'm already itching to plan out next trip (this always happens). Having lived in Florida for a few years, we've been fortunate enough to stay at a whole bunch of different spots. In my lifetime, I've stayed at ASSp, ASMo, AoA, CBR, CSR, POR, AKL (both), BC, BWI, Poly, and WL (both); we'll check off BLT next week. My wife and daughters have stayed in nearly all of the same spots excepting only ASSp and BWI. While we've tried somewhere new to our family on each of our last few trips, I'm angling for the next trip to be a repeat split stay between studios at the Poly and BCV. I'm fully aware that BCV at seven months is an extreme long-shot, but I do want to set us up to be as well-positioned as possible to take that shot.

My question: how, mechanically, is this best accomplished? We're targeting an early summer ten-night trip, Saturday through the following Tuesday (11 days, 10 nights). We'd ideally spend 6-7 nights at the Poly and 3-4 nights at BCV. In a completely ideal world, we'd spend the first six nights at the Poly and the last four at BCV. Doing so will require us to borrow about 35 points from the subsequent UY.

Unfortunately, while the Poly is generally relatively easy to book up until the seven-month mark in the early summertime, I don't want to get stuck in one of two situations:
  1. Unable to book at either the Poly or BCV for a portion of our stay.
  2. Eating points that I utilized to hold our reservation.
The second scenario would arise if I booked the entire length of stay at the Poly, then modified the reservation to change a few of the Poly days to BCV days. The first scenario could rear its head if I booked a portion of the trip at the Poly, then held out hope that BCV would be available at the seven-month mark.

Here's what I'm currently thinking: book the first eight nights (Saturday through the following Saturday) at the Poly at the 11-month mark, then take my shot at BCV at either end of the trip. If BCV is available on the first weekend, great! If it's not, I'll get another crack at the second weekend before Poly hits the seven-month mark. If BCV never comes available, I'll be able to book out the rest at the Poly. There's still some risk with this plan that the Poly books up, but I'm not terribly concerned about it (not yet).

We've done plenty of other split stays, so I'm generally aware of the other mechanics once the hotel is booked (two different 180-day ADR windows, no problems booking FPs for length-of-combined-stay, bell services luggage movement on transfer day, etc.). But this one has me stumped and I really don't want to walk the reservation given the ethical murkiness of doing so in my mind.

Any and all help greatly appreciated!

if you have the points, book the entire stay at Poly, but in 3 reservations. 3 nights, then 4 nights, then 3 nights.

This way, at the 7 month window for the first 3 nights, you modify Poly for BCV, If you get i great, if not, then you try at the end,

Keeping them like this gives you time to waitlist and try. Worst case, if things dont work out, you ask MS to combine them into one later on.

I just did this for a March trip I was trying to change and by splitting it up, I was able to get what I needed.

This way, you don’t risk the Poly nights, but by having them done in 3 segments, you can modify and do it online at 8 am, If it is all one, then, you have to wait to modify at 9 am by calling MS,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter