Medical Centers At WDW???

CamColt

For anyone who has had the misfortune of finding out about this, could you tell me where a guest at WDW could find a doctors office or medical center in case someone gets sick?

DS started off the week with throwing up. Then he was fine for a couple days. Wednesday he got a fever and was sluggish. Since then the fever is gone but hes still sluggish and whinny and hes been saying his tongue hurts. Finally my sister suggested maybe its his throat and hes just saying his tongue(hes 2). When I looked, his right tonsil was bright red. We called our pediatrician and the nurse said its probably not strep since the fever would last longer(I had strep with no fever once, so I dont really buy this answer). So she only told us to put him on tylenol and motrin. I would like to have an antibiotic in case once we get down there he needs it but they wont give us a prescription. So, Im trying to prepare in case we need to find a doctor.

Thanks for any advice.

we used the centra care right across the street from the cross roads and have also used celebration health both were fine and close by. The front desk of any hotel can tell you how to get to them. They also can tell you about a doctor coming right to your hotel room.

We have experience with ambulance to Celebration Hospital. DD fell at Polynesian and had to have stitches. They were very efficient and had us in and out within two hours.

Once at ASMu I saw a van from a clinic picking up a family. So I assume they will provide transportation to the clinic even in a non-emergency situation.

I would probably take him to the doctor today, before they close, and insist that they do a culture. Strep throat is nothing to mess around with. If he really has had it for this long, letting it go even a few days longer could result in lifetime complications. (Strep throat is one of my big things because my FIL had to have a kidney transplant because of a strep complication that causes kidney failure.)

If your doctor won't do it today, or if you can't get there before they close, I'd take him by the ER tomorrow if he's still feeling bad. You don't want him to feel bad on his trip, and usually with strep you start feeling better after a day of taking antibiotics.

My only experience with medical care at WDW was on my first trip there in 1990. We were staying at the Contemporary (Garden) and I came down with bronchitis on the trip down. We wound up having a doctor come to our room.

Although it did kill an entire morning, he came, checked me out, and brought some medicine with him to start me on. However, I also remember the pharmacy delivering something, so that may be faulty memory on my part.

Even with the bronchitis, we had a good time. One of my favorite memories of that trip was our waiter at the Rose & Crown that afternoon giving me his surefire cure for my laryngitis: Take a good, stiff drink of single-malt Scotch. It doesn't actually cure anything, but you don't care.

Sending pixie dust for your son; I hope he's feeling better soon.

DH took our DD to the medical center in Lake Buena Vista (across from Crossroads) when she had a bladder infection. It took about three hours.

Beth

Thanks for the info. Sounds like they make it easy in case something does happen. We will have a car with us which is good. The doctors office closes early on Fridays(like no one gets sick then?), but they do have sick call at :-)00 on Saturday mornings(earlier during the week). We plan to leave by 10:00am, but if DS is still doesnt seem right we will stop in for sick call before we leave. This way we get the medicine in him for a while and I will see how his throat looks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter