Medical emergency before trip

DVC_HK

Mouseketeer
So we got a phone call last night that my DW's grandparents that are going with us in 3 weeks are at the ER due to her grandmother. Seems she is seriously ill and they say she will not be able to handle the trip. We already bought tickets for them and they would like to try to get their money back so will Disney work with issues like this? Sorry if not in the right thread area

Did you buy your tickets through Disney? If so just give them a call and ask if they can refund only there tickets. If it was a package you had it might be a bit harder due to them being linked and might mess up your fast passes.

No one can tell you for sure but call and see what they say.

Did you buy your tickets through Disney? If so just give them a call and ask if they can refund only there tickets. If it was a package you had it might be a bit harder due to them being linked and might mess up your fast passes.

No one can tell you for sure but call and see what they say.
Bought them directly through Disney, luckily we hadn't bought the meal plan yet and we are staying with our DVC points. We luckily have APs so we will see what they can do

Sorry about grandma's illness-hope she feels better soon. My DH had a serious health issue a few years back and we were hoping he would be cleared to go on the trip, but wasn't. Both Disney and the airlines were very understanding and helpful and we were able to roll his portion of the trip as a down payment to the following year. They also gave his MNSSHP ticket value on a gift card for him to use the following year.

Just call Disney. They will work with you. My daughter broke her femur a week before our trip (about 9 years ago) and obviously we weren't going anywhere anytime soon. Disney helped us to reschedule and we ended up saving about $500 from the trip. And Southwest was awesome too! That was when Southwest gained us as passengers for life. I was very pleased with the ease of the resolution.

Totally agree with everyone else. A couple years ago my daughter came down with Influenza A 5 days before our trip and then I came down with it two days later. We were in no condition to fly or go to Disney. Disney was super awesome and refunded everything. Once I got to feeling better, I rescheduled the trip for a couple months later. I was all prepared with doctor’s notes, their phone numbers, etc, but Disney just took care of it. I was so impressed.

Thank ya'll! We have another trip for next December already booked and are hoping they can make it on that one.

We purchased park tickets for someone who was not able to make the trip. It's still sitting on the MDE ap and can be transferred. It was no problem at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter