Medications - Park and Travel

Duchess of Warwick

Earning My Ears
I'd like to make a little kit to take with us both on vacation and maybe one for when we are in the parks.

When you are flying do you need to take the bottles containing medication either prescription or OTC with you?

Should I get a letter from my doctor that states what medications I take and what they are for? Is this necessary?

Here is what I am thinking of taking with us..

1. Tylenol
2. Advil
3. Benedryl
4. Allergy Medication
5. DH's Diabetic supplies and medication
6. My personal daily medications

I will take a day or 2 extra as well. I am just worried about my bag being rifled through.

Also, What if anything can we take with us for motion sickness? Do the wrist bands work?

I just flew to Disney in February and I packed all our medications (prescription and non-prescription, including liquid tylenol for my daughter) in our carry-ons in two quart-sized baggies, in the original bottles, and the TSA didn't bat an eye. If you're talking diabetic supplies that means injections, right? Not sure what the rules are for that so hopefully someone can help you with it

You can take medications in their original bottles or in baggies. Bonine works for motion sickness (I buy generic), and I always pack Imodium.

I have always taken my Rx meds out of thier bottles and put them into smaller pill containers so I'm not bringing a ton of larger containers. I've never had a problem. If I bring my son's ADD meds with us this time, I will bring them in the container as it's considered a "controlled substance". HTH!

I'd like to make a little kit to take with us both on vacation and maybe one for when we are in the parks.

When you are flying do you need to take the bottles containing medication either prescription or OTC with you?

Should I get a letter from my doctor that states what medications I take and what they are for? Is this necessary?

Here is what I am thinking of taking with us..

1. Tylenol
2. Advil
3. Benedryl
4. Allergy Medication
5. DH's Diabetic supplies and medication
6. My personal daily medications

I will take a day or 2 extra as well. I am just worried about my bag being rifled through.

Also, What if anything can we take with us for motion sickness? Do the wrist bands work?
https://www.tripsavvy.com/taking-prescription-drugs-through-airport-security-2972595

You will probably find the same information on your airline's website.

As for the wristband with the plastic button placed on your inner wrist we find it quite useful when we cruise but have never used it on a plane. My only concern when flying is ear popping so I make sure to have candy lozenges or chewing gum.

If you have any controlled substances like painkillers, best to leave them in the original packaging. TSA has seen every kind of diabetic device there is, and OTC drugs are really no big deal.

If you have a medical condition that requires "rescue" medication or regular timed doses, I would bring a list of your Rx from your doctor. It would speed up the process of obtaining new meds should they be lost/stolen/crushed/compromised by shampoo ;)

Happy Travelling!

If you have any controlled substances like painkillers, best to leave them in the original packaging. TSA has seen every kind of diabetic device there is, and OTC drugs are really no big deal.

If you have a medical condition that requires "rescue" medication or regular timed doses, I would bring a list of your Rx from your doctor. It would speed up the process of obtaining new meds should they be lost/stolen/crushed/compromised by shampoo ;)

Happy Travelling!

:rotfl:

If your kids are old/big enough that they can take chewable Tylenol/Advil/Benadryl instead of liquid, that makes traveling with those meds a lot easier. It depends on their weight, but for us by age 2.5 we could ditch the liquid meds. Now we keep chewable ibuprofen and benadryl in our park first-aid kit (I don't even bother carrying the adult versions, I just figure out ahead of time how many kids' chewables equal my adult dose). And chewables last longer before expiring than liquid meds.

I had an epi pen in my purse that went through the metal detector - I didn't take it out and they didn't say anything. In my checked luggage I put the liquid children's advil bottle.

I have tiny little cases the size of quarters that I keep my pills in. They go in a very small zippered case in my purse, and that is what I use to carry my meds when I fly too. I've never had an issue.

Have you all flown before? I also take sudafed with me, in case flying messes with my sinuses.

I don't pack any meds in my carry on but we do have a small bag in our checked luggage full of everything we could possibly need. I bring Tylenol & Motrin(regular for us and chewable for DD), cold meds, zantac for DH, allergy meds for myself, ginger chews and Immodium for upset stomachs. I also bring band aids (regular and blister band aids) plus a tube of neosporin. I've gotten a cold and had upset stomachs on vacation before so I try to plan for everything. I'd rather pack too much and not need it.
In the parks I carry tylenol and motrin. I'm also going to start carrying the ginger chews and immodium in my purse too after a bad experience last year!

I have a small pill bottle from the pharmacy that has the original label on which I carry my prescription medicine. Over the counter medicine is all in pill form and in a baggy in my carry on. My prescription meds are in their Original labeled bottle. I am coming from Canada and crossing a border.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter