meds shipped to hotel?

asc

Mouseketeer
Happy New Year to you all!

I am planning a trip for my family for this spring. My mother does dialysis at home. Given enough notice, the medical equipment and supplies needed can be shipped to the hotel prior to our arrival. I will obviously speak with the hotel when I make our reservations but was wondering if anyone else out there has had to do this and were there any problems in receiving? If it makes any difference, I am thinking about Swan or Dolphin.

Thanks in advance.

A couple of suggestions concerning the shipment of the medical supplies.

Find out what is the shipment method, get a tracking number from your supplier, and find how to track a shipment from that carrier. Make sure that the shipment has arrived and print a copy of the final notice, including information, if any, of who signed for the package. That way if there is any problem when you get to the hotel you have proof they have received the shipment.

If there is any problem at the hotel, keep escalating in management levels; you DON'T want to talk to a "Guest Services Representative", you want the Front Office Manager, the Resident Manager, or the General Manager.

Also I wouyld carry one or two days worth of medications with you just as a precaution.

Besides what Cheshire Figment wrote, if you do opt to have the supplies shipped, I would suggest that you also have contact information and everything you would need (prescriptions, etc.) to get the equipment and supplies thru a local Orlando source. That way, if you have any problems or surprises (back ordered supplies, wrong item delivered, something defective or broken in transit), you would have someplace to turn for help that could deliver things to you much faster.
Many medical supply companies have multiple branch offices, so you may find that the company she is currently using actually has a branch or co-operating company that serves Orlando. That would be an easier route than shipping stuff to WDW yourself.

I believe that new prescription's would have to be written as out of state or foreign ones may not be accepted. The name of a physician in the Orlando area who has been contacted by your doctor and is aware of what is needed would be a good idea. Even if you do ship the medications and supplies, it would be best to be prepared with an alternative in case something goes wrong.

I just ran into a problem with having a Dr. send meds through the mail. I get one of my prescriptions from a manufacturer who mails in quantity to the Dr. Dr. was prohibited by law from mailing meds. Had to get a friend to pick them up from the Doc and mail them overnight UPS himself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter