Meet me at the Snuggly Duckling! A June 2018 TR. UPDATED 3/8

The middle row for Soarin is so much better, bummer it can’t be equally as good in all three rows!

It is a shame that Disney couldn't engineer a way around the distortion.

The No Way Jose is one of Beaches and Cream's best sundaes

I agree! Can't go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter!

And as the parent of an outgoing kid, talking to strangers can be inevitable. No matter how many times I tell my son not to randomly start up a conversation with someone next to him, he can't resist. :sad2::sad2:

I think it is good to be able to so easily converse with strangers and will be a good skill in school and later in life but I just always worry when kids are so free with approaching strangers when not in the company of their parents. That is my paranoid mind speaking.

Sounds like a nice lunch and a relaxing time at the pool! You saw some great animals out back at your resort!

It was a very relaxing afternoon. A great use of our wonderful resort!

on a Summer trip, yes, I think they are necessary. At least if you're not used to the heat down south.

100% These breaks were so needed in the heat.

With Soarin' I usually just left it to chance where I sat. it never used to be an issue.

Yes, I agree, never used to be a huge issue.

June 18 - Epcot

After Soarin it was time to head into World Showcase as we had a dinner ADR. We still had a good chunk of time until our reservation so we were not in a rush but we wanted to spend some time in World Showcase beforehand.

Mom's feet were killing her as they were super swollen so she decided to take the boat from over to Morocco. I had energy to burn and wanted to take photos so I opted to walk and told her to message me when she arrived in Morocco.

Since I was in France and I knew Mom would not have any interest, I got in line to visit with Aurora!

As seemed to be the norm with all my character interactions this trip she wanted to talk about fashion and rose gold.

I heard a rumour that Belle was going to be coming out in her ballgown so I got in line with a few others by the gazebo and crossed my fingers that I wasn't wasting my time.

While waiting I talked to a mom who was in line with her daughter and her goal was to meet all the princesses. They seemed pretty new to the character meets so I gave some tips on where to find the princesses during their trip.

Luck was on our side and Belle did indeed come out and she was wearing her ballgown!

Mom still had not messaged me so I got a photopass shot in France before moving on to Morocco.

Over in Morocco I got another solo photopass photo

and then when Mom and I finally joined back up we got a photo together as well.

We did not spend much time in Morocco as I had a mission to complete in Japan.

On our trip back in December 2015 I had purchased a few plates from the shop in Japan and I was hoping to buy a few more if they were still stocked. I had checked the previous day and they still carried them so this evening I was going to buy two more. I don't know if I talked about this in my previous post about Mitsukoshi but they have redesigned the interior and there is so much more space now and the traffic is greatly improved from in the past.

In addition to the plates that I bought I also bought a pair of chop sticks. This may be shameful to admit but I do not know how to eat with chop sticks and I need to learn before I go to Japan.

While my plates were being wrapped I was talking to the cast member about how I was planning a trip to Japan and she dropped a bomb on me when she told me about the upcoming addition. I thought she was talking about the new Beauty and the Beast ride that is opening in 2020 in Tokyo Disneyland but in fact she was talking about the much bigger addition of a Tangled, Frozen and Peter Pan section to Tokyo Disneysea in 2022! This has caused much indecision in my life as I try to figure out if my brother and I should go in the Fall of 2019 as planned or if we should hold off a few years and go once these new additions are open. My brother says the decision is up to me. I am leaning toward delaying as this may be a once in a lifetime trip. Also, there is a lot of restoration occurring in the popular tourist areas right now in the lead up to the 2020 Olympics so if we delay all that work will also be done.

Moving on from my travel dilemma, I found Mom outside and we made our way over to Italy where we would be having dinner.

I always admire these masks, so beautiful!

I checked in for our dinner and we waited in the very crowded lobby of Via Napoli. It was very challenging to hear when your group was called as the space was so crowded and loud. I did eventually hear our name called and we were led to a table in the main room.

I love the fresco in this room as it reminds me of a fresco I saw in Rome that was recovered from the ruins of an Imperial Villa.

I got a blood orange soda which was delicious.

Mom and I split the arancini as an appetizer and a Quattro Formaggi pizza as our main meal.

The arancini were alright, not as flavourful as I had hoped. The pizza was delicious but it was enormous! We should have ordered the individual size and split that. We had a ton of pizza leftover and we were stuffed! We had our leftovers boxed up to take back to the room.

I really enjoy this restaurant, the food is good as is the decor. I just wish it was not so loud, it was difficult to have a conversation.

Stuffed so full it was uncomfortable we waddled back into World Showcase to finish off our evening.

While my plates were being wrapped I was talking to the cast member about how I was planning a trip to Japan and she dropped a bomb on me when she told me about the upcoming addition. I thought she was talking about the new Beauty and the Beast ride that is opening in 2020 in Tokyo Disneyland but in fact she was talking about the much bigger addition of a Tangled, Frozen and Peter Pan section to Tokyo Disneysea in 2022! This has caused much indecision in my life as I try to figure out if my brother and I should go in the Fall of 2019 as planned or if we should hold off a few years and go once these new additions are open. My brother says the decision is up to me. I am leaning toward delaying as this may be a once in a lifetime trip. Also, there is a lot of restoration occurring in the popular tourist areas right now in the lead up to the 2020 Olympics so if we delay all that work will also be done.
Yeah, the expansion does look amazing! I'm still heading there this year though - I figure this trip to get to experience it all for Halloween/Christmas. Then a future trip after the expansion opens and I can focus more on that area!

Great pics of you with Belle in her ballgown. Having the France pavilion in the background really makes for a wonderful character meet photo.

I don't know how to eat with chopsticks either, so don't feel bad.

Hmm, that's a tough call. I feel like if it's a once in a lifetime trip, then maybe waiting until the expansions are done is a smart idea. But on the other hand, since they're doing so much work both at Disney and on the economy, maybe places will be less crowded.

Mmm, yummy dinner! Such a delicious pizza; glad you two were able to enjoy your food and get a break from the heat. But yes, I agree, the restaurant is on the loud side.

46654761861_a356a7e09f_z.jpg

WOW, what a lovely shot!

Again, very nice! I love the crepe myrtles in bloom!

This may be shameful to admit but I do not know how to eat with chop sticks and I need to learn before I go to Japan.

OH, good to think of that! I don't think you'll find it too terribly tough.

Oooh, inside info! And, yes, I can see where this might cause you to pause a bit and reconsider.

I really enjoy this restaurant, the food is good as is the decor. I just wish it was not so loud, it was difficult to have a conversation.

Agreed! I find it hard to have a meal there too. As yummy as it is, it's just too noisy to hear your tablemates.

Love the pictures from World showcase. I'm back and started my trip report btw if you want to join in... I'll figure out how to link it in the signature eventually lol!

Great TR! If you still want to book DVC at Beach Club in 2021, message me in early 2020. We have two contracts at the Beach Club, but are going to Disneyland Paris for June 2021 and will be renting out our points that year.

I don't know how to eat with chopsticks either, so don't feel bad.

Glad I am not the only adult who does not have this skill. :laughing:

OH, good to think of that! I don't think you'll find it too terribly tough.

Here's hoping! I am remarkably uncoordinated though so it may take lots of practice! :laughing:

Love the pictures from World showcase. I'm back and started my trip report btw if you want to join in... I'll figure out how to link it in the signature eventually lol!

Welcome back! Hope you had a great time!

Great TR! If you still want to book DVC at Beach Club in 2021, message me in early 2020. We have two contracts at the Beach Club, but are going to Disneyland Paris for June 2021 and will be renting out our points that year.

Thanks! I will keep that in mind.

June 18 Epcot

While eating dinner at Via Napoli I had snagged a fourth fastpass for the day for Frozen Ever After. We had no plans to watch Illuminations as we wanted to beat the park closing crowds so after we finished our meal we wandered through more pavilions on the way to our fastpass.

I love Germany, such a pretty pavilion. Another place on my bucket list of countries to visit. I have a serious problem, I want to travel everywhere and there is not enough time or money to allow it. I wish I had a job that paid me to travel the world, problem solved. :laughing:

There was a photopass photographer out so of course we stopped!

The China pavilion was beautiful as always and I enjoyed looking through the exhibit they currently have advertising Shanghai Disney. The Shanghai park looks amazing!

Over in Norway we enjoyed our tour through Arendelle. A well designed ride despite feelings regarding it's belonging in World Showcase.

We hobbled our way out of the park. Mom's feet were really hurting her by this point. She told me that she may have to use a wheelchair the next day if they didn't feel better in the morning.

Our bus back to AKL was just pulling away as Illuminations started so we got to watch a few fireworks go off on our drive back. It was a very pleasant ride back since we were missing the park closing crowds.

Back at the hotel Mom elevated her feet, they were so swollen! No wonder she was in pain. I told her that I was okay with going to the park by myself in the morning if she wanted to take a break. She said that she would decide in the morning.

Hope your mum's feet recovered over night. Disney is alot of walking!

Your poor Mom, I had terribly swollen feet on my trip in March 2018 and it is no fun! Thankfully mine were the worst on the day we were leaving but the flight home was almost painful because I couldn't elevate them. I hope the swelling went down for your Mom!

I have a serious problem, I want to travel everywhere and there is not enough time or money to allow it. I wish I had a job that paid me to travel the world, problem solved.

You and me both, Sister! Need to win the lottery!

A well designed ride despite feelings regarding it's belonging in World Showcase.

Amen. Preach it!

Super pretty photo, Lessa!

She told me that she may have to use a wheelchair the next day if they didn't feel better in the morning.

That sounds terrible! Poor thing!

It was a very pleasant ride back since we were missing the park closing crowds.

I try to do that too- no fun being squished in a bus with a thousand other people.

I hope you get to visit Germany one day! It's such a relaxed and friendly country with lots of beautiful sights.

I'm hoping elevating her feet helped your mom a little. It's hard to push through at Disney when your feet hurt, because there's so much walking involved.

Great pictures in Germany & China! WS is just so photogenic!

I'm sorry your mom's feet were in such bad shape :(

Your poor Mom, I had terribly swollen feet on my trip in March 2018 and it is no fun! Thankfully mine were the worst on the day we were leaving but the flight home was almost painful because I couldn't elevate them. I hope the swelling went down for your Mom!

Her swollen feet were definitely a damper on the end of the vacation. I felt bad for her, she was in a lot of pain.

You and me both, Sister! Need to win the lottery!

I keep my fingers crossed. Would help if I actually bought a lottery ticket more than once a year.

I could also travel a lot more if I was comfortable with the idea of travelling alone. There is just a comfort in having another person with you if something goes wrong and to help you figure things out. I have been contemplating taking a solo international trip to somewhere like London or Rome. London for the obvious reason that it is English speaking so even if alone I could communicate easily with others. Rome is also on my mind as I have been there before and know the city well so I have a certain comfort as far as navigating the city. As it is though I am currently dependent on other people (family) wanting to travel the places I want to go and when I want to go. Makes things more difficult.

I try to do that too- no fun being squished in a bus with a thousand other people.

No fun at all. I will never forget the infamous no air conditioning packed in like sardines ride back from Hollywood Studios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts