Meet me at the Snuggly Duckling! A June 2018 TR. UPDATED 3/8

I can't believe that CM stopped you and gave bad information. That just doesn't make sense! I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around his motivation for doing that.

I know, it is very bizarre and I don't understand it either. Maybe he was very confused/tired that morning and was all turned around???

That AKL bus ride would have killed me. I would have been writing help on the Windows too ugh.

It was pretty awful. it reminded me of those news stories you hear about people being stuck sitting on a plane on the tarmac for hours with no air conditioning and not allowed to leave.

Apparently I talk way too much about my plans for all my various vacations! Today my mother informed me that Alek's girlfriend was very confused and had serious concerns about our big family 2021 trip. Apparently she thought in 2021 I was planning for us to all go to WDW, Japan, Australia and Greece! :laughing:

The trip line-up is actually

2019 - Japan (me and alek), Australia (Erich and his girlfriend)
2021 - WDW trip for the 50th anniversary with the family (me, mom, Alek + Sarah , Erich + Jess)
2022- Greece (me, Alek and dad)

43047017094_41871e9417_z.jpg

Pretty photo!

I liked that they moved the Pick A Pearl off to a corner so it didn't cause such a traffic jam in the middle of the store.

Yes! It flows so much better in there now!

I have never seen a photopass photographer in Japan before so we had to grab some.

Love the PP in World Showcase! I've only seen them in Japan once. I feel like I see them most often in Morocco or France.

Posing with the thumbs up seemed weird and not sure why a Figment magic shot is in Japan??

Figment loves Japan too!

We found seats in the theatre and then I went to grab a refreshing American Dream.

Mmm this drink is so good! Soft serve and slush seems weird but it really works!

The actor portraying Starlord was very good I thought and had the mannerisms of Chris Pratt/Starlord down and he looked similar enough for it to not be jarring.

Yessss he's fantastic! His mannerisms are perfect. The only thing is his voice was a little off, but what can ya do?

So pretty! Sunsets are my favorite

Great picture!

Alek messaged me and said he was ashamed of me and that I better get myself back into park commando rope drop to fireworks mode for our trip in 2021. :rolleyes:

Maybe there'll be a new Epcot show by then!

I want this poster so badly! And I hope you loved Happily Ever After!

Love this! That area is always so swamped because of the character meets that I never see this view.

We enjoyed our flight but I still do not understand why people will wait in horrendously long lines for this??

SAME. Sometimes even the FP line is a bit too much for me.

Well, sure enough, the cast member had led me astray and we were indeed in the Cinderella/Elena line and not the Rapunzel/Tiana line. It was mildly annoying because what if I had only had time for one side of Fairytale Hall and he had given me wrong information???

What the heck, that's so frustrating!

Adorable! Love Punzie!

Mmm this drink is so good! Soft serve and slush seems weird but it really works!

If you like the American Dream you should try a Misty Freeze at Dairy Queen. It is not posted on the menu, at least not here, but it is delicious. It is their soft serve and their slushy blended together. My favourite is the blue raspberry.

Maybe there'll be a new Epcot show by then!

That's the rumour!

June 14 - Magic Kingdom

We continued our Fantasyland morning by moving into New Fantasyland. Mom popped into Gaston's Tavern to get us some waters while I took a couple photos around Belle's Village and browsed the gift shop.

I also decided to jump in line for Gaston since he would be out visiting soon.

Belle's village is always so empty! I guess it helps that there is no ride there.

Gaston was hilarious as always. Mom went up first and I am a bad trip reporter and have no idea what they discussed and I made no notes. :sad2: You can tell she was enjoying herself though!

Next it was my turn and he walked over to me and I said hello and he responded with "Well, hello there" in his lecherous drawl. :laughing: So I then said hello again! :scratchin His response was "you already said that but I can see you are stunned by my presence". :blush:

I wish I was like my brothers and could just on the spot come up with fun and witty conversations to have with characters. Instead I just embarrass myself. :laughing:

We proceeded to have a conversation about how amazing and good looking he is etc etc.

Our next logical stop was Voyage of the Little Mermaid. I just love Prince Eric's Castle. Must be it's Mediterranean look.

I had a lucky moment while in line and managed to modify our Mine Train fastpasses from 1:00 to 10:50. Hurray! I had significant luck on this trip modifying fastpasses to earlier and/or more convenient times. I never would have known to do this if it weren't for the vloggers The WDW Couple.

Also while in line we witnessed a mother and her teenage daughter getting into an argument in line. The teenager was mad that her mother was making them waste their time on Little Mermaid. Awkward!

My mom and I did not view our time on Little Mermaid as a waste and very much enjoyed it. I am revealing my age but Little Mermaid is the first movie I remember going to see in the theatres as a child and was a childhood favourite and still is a favourite actually.

We took a look at the wait time to meet Ariel but it was too long so we decided to skip it for now and try again later. Besides, due to my fastpass modifying we could now head right over to Seven Dwarves Mine Train!

I love this ride. I know it is not a big bad coaster but it is thrilling enough to be fun and it is nicely themed and I love travelling through the diamond mine and seeing the dwarves and Snow dancing in the cottage at the end.

Mom had another ride photo gem! I can't help but laugh at how terrified and concerned she looks in these photos. You would think she was not having fun at all. :laughing:

We were having a great morning at Magic Kingdom so far with lots more to come!

Seems I missed about 4 billion updates, but have read them all now and am all caught up! And there was lots! Lots of fun park touring....

My thoughts on the changes to the Norway pavilion: I enjoy the new additions and feel that they are really well done but other than the mythology exhibit in the Stave Church I feel that there is nothing left that is representative of the actual country of Norway which is a shame as I thought the whole point of World Showcase was for people to learn about the world and different countries and cultures. I wish they could have put in the Frozen attractions while still retaining that cultural representation of Norway.

And thank heavens someone else agrees with me on this colossal waste of space now. Great for the 4 year olds, sucks for everyone else. I miss the gorgeous sweaters there.

The Signature Poutine - french fries with the Canadian Cheese Soup and cheese curds. I have been dreaming of that soup ever since I first tried it at Le Cellier many years ago and I was so excited to see it offered at the Refreshment Port both on its own and as a poutine option!

I"ve never tried poutine at all, but this option sure looks amazing!

You have the RD strats down pat! You really did well that morning hitting up a goodly amount of rides already and it's still early. :)

Gaston seems like he would be such a fun meet and greet, but I'm like you and would have no idea what to say! :rotfl:It's hard to come up with a good reply to someone asking about their good looks...

That's awesome that you were able to change your 7DMT Fastpass to an earlier time. Probably made your touring a lot more convenient since you were right over there already.

Next it was my turn and he walked over to me and I said hello and he responded with "Well, hello there" in his lecherous drawl. :laughing: So I then said hello again! :scratchin His response was "you already said that but I can see you are stunned by my presence". :blush:

I wish I was like my brothers and could just on the spot come up with fun and witty conversations to have with characters. Instead I just embarrass myself. :laughing:

That Gaston...he often leaves me speechless too!

This is adorable! Look at how you're admiring his biceps! :rotfl:

I had a lucky moment while in line and managed to modify our Mine Train fastpasses from 1:00 to 10:50. Hurray! I had significant luck on this trip modifying fastpasses to earlier and/or more convenient times. I never would have known to do this if it weren't for the vloggers The WDW Couple.

Lucky you! I think I've only done the modifying to a later time, but next time if I'm just waiting around for a FP I'll have to see if I can move it up.

I love this ride. I know it is not a big bad coaster but it is thrilling enough to be fun and it is nicely themed and I love travelling through the diamond mine and seeing the dwarves and Snow dancing in the cottage at the end.

My favorite ride in MK! That and the peoplemover!

Awesome ride pic! Your mom looks like she's saying "Oh great, here we go again.."

I miss the gorgeous sweaters there.

We did find a small selection of the Dale of Norway sweaters tucked away in the gift shop. Nothing like the selection they used to have though. I would love a sweater too bad they are hundreds of dollars!

I"ve never tried poutine at all, but this option sure looks amazing!

It was soo good! Definitely not true poutine though but what do I know as I have only had real poutine once.

You have the RD strats down pat! You really did well that morning hitting up a goodly amount of rides already and it's still early. :)

I figured since we were taking a more relaxed approach on our other park days that we could afford to do the whole rope drop/park commando thing on our MK days.

Gaston seems like he would be such a fun meet and greet, but I'm like you and would have no idea what to say! :rotfl:

Next time I need to think up something to say in advance so I am prepared. :laughing:

That's awesome that you were able to change your 7DMT Fastpass to an earlier time. Probably made your touring a lot more convenient since you were right over there already.

Yes, it made our day flow better getting that FP moved to an earlier time. It also allowed me to modify another fastpass to an earlier time. The only problem with modifying fastpasses is it meant I was on my phone a lot while standing in the queues rather than taking in the theming etc. Mom actually took pictures of me on my phone throughout the trip and sent them to my brothers. :rolleyes:

Looked like a really fun morning in Fantasyland! Love the pictures at Ariel's ride!

Yes, it was a great morning. I had not initially planned to have it be a Fantasyland/Tomorrowland day but that is what it sort of evolved into. That was okay though as it worked really well and then made our next MK day flow well.

Really? I feel like it's always swamped when I see it - was actually stunned there were no other people in your pictures!

That's so odd as I feel every time I am in that area it is dead. :confused3

This is adorable! Look at how you're admiring his biceps! :rotfl:

:laughing: The best Gaston picture is from our last trip where Mom is hanging off his bicep with an amazed look on her face.

Lucky you! I think I've only done the modifying to a later time, but next time if I'm just waiting around for a FP I'll have to see if I can move it up.

It took a lot of persistence and refreshing! I was on my phone a lot while we stood in various queues attempting to modify fastpass times and find good fourth and fifth fastpasses It almost felt like a game to me catching the elusive fastpass times.

Next time I need to think up something to say in advance so I am prepared. :laughing:

Yes, it made our day flow better getting that FP moved to an earlier time. It also allowed me to modify another fastpass to an earlier time. The only problem with modifying fastpasses is it meant I was on my phone a lot while standing in the queues rather than taking in the theming etc. Mom actually took pictures of me on my phone throughout the trip and sent them to my brothers. :rolleyes:
Don’t feel bad, Disney wants us to pretty much make all our plans on their website. I had my IPad along, since I cannot see anything on my phone and I had a lady tell me to put it away. Apparently she was bothered by it. I was using it in line, switching around Fast Passes too. Is their wireless still sketchy?

Don’t feel bad, Disney wants us to pretty much make all our plans on their website. I had my IPad along, since I cannot see anything on my phone and I had a lady tell me to put it away. Apparently she was bothered by it. I was using it in line, switching around Fast Passes too. Is their wireless still sketchy?

I didn't have too many problems with the wireless. There were the occasional times it would drop off but for the most part it worked pretty well.

Don't see what business it was of that lady's to tell you to put your ipad away? So long as you weren't holding it over your head and blocking her view! :laughing:

Enjoying your reporting :). Mine Train is absolutely my favorite ride in Magic Kingdom (Soarin' is my favorite in Epcot!). I love the theme, and I can't do most coasters because I get bad motion sickness/headaches, but I can handle this one :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter