Mega-Con? Mega People! Mom and Daughter travel again! 1/30-2/5, PTR info 4/26*

Very true, they would not like to spend the morning talking to Chewy! Unless they are interrogating him!
Even then I'd think they'd be nervous.
Haha 😂 I couldn’t believe I said Lyft after reading my notes! 📝 review your notes when you have some! My notes are usually quite detailed and these last couple trips very lackluster
Slacker!

;)
One time my score was better than hers and it was because her gun wasn’t working and when I told the CM there is no way I would beat her! We were able to ride again with a functioning gun and she smoked me!
Must remember this hack.
"Yeah, I lost and I'm obviously better than this loser. Can we go again?"
Andi speaks Spanish and I speak Wookie! :rotfl:
:thumbsup2
It is the only way to fly, lol 😆 We had the cabin to ourselves and that is always a plus!
::yes::

Absolutely LOVE your trip reports as usual. I always have my eye out to see if you have a new one. Love each and every of your trip....with your sweet daughter...and everyone you travel with. (latest Susan one was a joy). My DH likes Disney but doesn't insanely LOVE it like I and adult daughter do, so I travel often Mother/Daughter. Such a blessing.

I was at BCV/BLT the same week as this trip report. I have a quick question. Haven't taken UBER/LYFT in about 2 years as we have been snowbirding with a (shipped) car. Plus we take a boat wherever possible and have had good luck with the busses. But did love UBER & LYFT when used and I'm sure will use it for next trip (May).

2 quick questions: Do you prefer LYFT over UBER? For any reason? If you buy a gift card, do you simply add it to your account like I do with Starbucks? Easy like that? Even desired tip is taken out?

Re Disney cards, I can't live without them. I bought Costco like you, Target for sure...especially when there's a bonus on Target Circle like I got this week and last month...and even Sam's Club (I ridiculously belong to both Costco & Sam's).

Thank you again for taking the time to write such great trip reports. Love them so much.
Understand if you don't have time to answer my questions.

Absolutely LOVE your trip reports as usual. I always have my eye out to see if you have a new one. Love each and every of your trip....with your sweet daughter...and everyone you travel with. (latest Susan one was a joy). My DH likes Disney but doesn't insanely LOVE it like I and adult daughter do, so I travel often Mother/Daughter. Such a blessing.

I was at BCV/BLT the same week as this trip report. I have a quick question. Haven't taken UBER/LYFT in about 2 years as we have been snowbirding with a (shipped) car. Plus we take a boat wherever possible and have had good luck with the busses. But did love UBER & LYFT when used and I'm sure will use it for next trip (May).

2 quick questions: Do you prefer LYFT over UBER? For any reason? If you buy a gift card, do you simply add it to your account like I do with Starbucks? Easy like that? Even desired tip is taken out?

Re Disney cards, I can't live without them. I bought Costco like you, Target for sure...especially when there's a bonus on Target Circle like I got this week and last month...and even Sam's Club (I ridiculously belong to both Costco & Sam's).

Thank you again for taking the time to write such great trip reports. Love them so much.
Understand if you don't have time to answer my questions.
Thank you so much for following along! I’m like you with hubby sort of meh on Disney, how can he be, haha 😂 We always joke the couple that takes different vacations stay together :rotfl:
I find Lyft has better deals so I usually always use Lyft. I have the Uber app as well but it seems more expensive when I compare.
It was really easy to put the gift card on my Lyft app, just like Starbucks. It used the gift card for rides and tips until it was gone then back to my original payment form.
I buy the discounted Starbucks cards at Target for our trips as well.
I didn’t realize you could use the Target circle discount on the gift cards ugh! I should have looked at it. Do you remember when you could buy the discounted Target gift cards on Black Friday and use the cards to buy the Disney GC that was amazing! Too bad they stopped that.
I am a member of Costco, Sam’s Club, and BJs so no judgement from me! 😄
BJ’s is an online subscription since there aren’t any BJs in this area, they have slightly better discount on Disney gift cards than SAMs and you can use $10-15 off coupons from them. The online subscription use to be only $10.00 so worth it! They changed it now and I refused to renew and they gave it to me for $20.00 so I signed up for another year. There Black Friday gift card sale is awesome 10% off the cards!
More TR coming up soon!

Thank you so much for following along! I’m like you with hubby sort of meh on Disney, how can he be, haha 😂 We always joke the couple that takes different vacations stay together :rotfl:
I find Lyft has better deals so I usually always use Lyft. I have the Uber app as well but it seems more expensive when I compare.
It was really easy to put the gift card on my Lyft app, just like Starbucks. It used the gift card for rides and tips until it was gone then back to my original payment form.
I buy the discounted Starbucks cards at Target for our trips as well.
I didn’t realize you could use the Target circle discount on the gift cards ugh! I should have looked at it. Do you remember when you could buy the discounted Target gift cards on Black Friday and use the cards to buy the Disney GC that was amazing! Too bad they stopped that.
I am a member of Costco, Sam’s Club, and BJs so no judgement from me! 😄
BJ’s is an online subscription since there aren’t any BJs in this area, they have slightly better discount on Disney gift cards than SAMs and you can use $10-15 off coupons from them. The online subscription use to be only $10.00 so worth it! They changed it now and I refused to renew and they gave it to me for $20.00 so I signed up for another year. There Black Friday gift card sale is awesome 10% off the cards!
More TR coming up soon!
T
Hank u so much for the Lyft info
Im also a BJ’s member too (!) and not a single store within several thousand miles from me. Hs. near me up within probably several thousands miles from me too! I did the $10 online in order to only buy Dis cards. Several years ago they were unbelievable if you bought very large amounts so I did. Now it was just an occasional good promo over their usual 4%.

BUT NO MORE ONLINE $10!!! I got an email telling me they weren’t doing anymore and had to decide whether I was buying the real one or simply not renewing. I very reluctantly bought the stupid membership. (Sure enough…they had stopped my $10 like they said they were going to).
So now…I have all 3 (honestly ridiculous).

Just saw online today that Target Circle is changing. How much do you wanna bet it might involve being unable to use promo on Disney cards!!

Hysterical you said non vacation marriages are stronger. Jay Leno and wife are married a really long time and never ever go on vacation together. My husband always mentions that. The funny part is the 2 weeks we spent end of January was for our 59tg anniversary so maybe it’s true. lol

PS: How could anyone NOT love WDW!!!!
Been going since Poly/Contemp opened.

Food and Drinks with Art thrown in, yes please!

We made it to Epcot! Our plan was to get a picture with the Walt Disney statue. We entered through the International Gateway, picked up our FArts booklet, and headed to the statue!

There was only one group ahead of us when we arrived. It was an elderly couple and they looked very happy at the statue. ❤️

Here is our picture. I think the sun was in Andi’s eyes along with her hair! That was the theme this trip for her! She really needed a haircut!
IMG_2024-03-12-193855.jpg
I love this area. It is a wonderful park like setting in a park 😆

It was time for our Guardians fancy ride and it was up and running today, yay! The line system here is crazy, no one seems to know where to go! The LL was snaking around by the gift shop area yikes! It actually moved fairly fast and soon we were in the preshow and eventually the ride. We got row 3 and Conga for our song! This ride is awesome and I like it more each time I ride it!
IMG_2024-03-16-094114.jpg
We rode Soarin next with our FP and then it was time to eat and drink!

Our first booth was the Mexico booth. The food was not vegetarian so we went straight for the alcohol 🍷

We wanted to try the Smokey Banana Bliss Margarita, a very interesting drink! It was ten to one rum, illegal mezcal Jovan, banana purée and lime juice. What even are all these ingredients? I’m not sure but the drink was deliciously unique and very strong. I only took a couple sips because Mezcal is not my favorite. The deep smokey flavor is not for me. I like good old non smokey tequila.
IMG_2024-03-12-194112.jpg
Our next stop was Gourmet Landscapes in Canada 🇨🇦

The Wild Mushroom Risotto was the one item we wanted to try.

This was nut free and vegetarian. The other vegetarian dish on the menu had nuts.
IMG_2024-03-16-093434.jpg
We shared the dish and both really liked it.

On to France 🇫🇷 for the cheese! We had to have the Brie bread bowl. Warm and creamy Brie in a bread bowl, yes please!
IMG_2024-03-16-093551.jpg
This was worth the long line. I also picked up the Frozen French Martini 🍸 Grey goose vodka, chambord liqueur, pineapple, orange, and grape juices with lemon-lime foam.
IMG_2024-03-16-093516.jpg
Both choices were delicious and we even scored a bench to sit on. It was in the direct sun but we didn’t mind!

Our next stop was Morocco for the cider flight. The flight had a pear hard cider, strawberry-lime cider, and blueberry lavender cider. I liked all three, favorite to least was strawberry, pear, blueberry. We had found a little table in Morocco 🇲🇦 and sat for a little while enjoying the weather and views, sipping on the cider. It was perfect!
IMG_2024-03-16-093621.jpg
Once we had our little rest, it was time to keep working our way around the WS.

We didn’t get very far before stopping again! It was time to try some treats in Japan 🇯🇵

I had heard really good things about the Wagyu Bun: steamed bun with American wagyu beef served with a green shiso sauce. I sent Andi to get the Lavender Saki, she would be happy with alcohol 🍷 since she wouldn’t be eating anything from Japan.
IMG_2024-03-16-093657.jpg
This little soft bun was filled with such deliciousness! Best of the fest for me! It even beats my beloved cheese bowl!

WS pictures along the way!
IMG_2024-03-16-075527.jpg

IMG_2024-03-16-080027.jpg

Stay tuned for more treats along the WS in the next post!

We stopped in America and looked at some of the art here. We had been looking at art booths along the way. Most were very crowded so we didn’t look for too long.

I found a print in America that I loved! I absolutely love Halloween time at Disney and as most of you know the Boo to You parade is my all time favorite ❤️

The print I found is Halloween inspired and I love it! The artist was at the booth and he was signing the prints. Here is the print I bought and the Artist info on the back! I love it and will frame it and likely display it all year long!
IMG_2024-03-16-094805.jpg
IMG_2024-03-16-094845.jpg
We didn’t get any food in America 🇺🇸 nothing vegetarian or chicken here.

Our next stop was Italy 🇮🇹 there was a mozzarella fritta we wanted to try, however, we found the pesto was not nut free. We had to skip it.

Our next stop for food was China 🇨🇳 Andi wanted to try the General Tso’s chicken shumai and the Butterfly Blue cocktail. This had vodka, light rum, lychee syrup, and magic bobo pearls.
IMG_2024-03-16-093819.jpg
IMG_2024-03-16-093731.jpg
The cocktail was okay, not my favorite. Andi enjoyed it. The shumai was very good. We found a table off to the side and enjoyed the treats and it had good views around the lagoon.

Next, we stopped in Mexico and took a little boat ride looking for Donald.

Our final stop was the Odyssey building. This was Figment inspired and had some sweet treats available and the rainbow cider flight.
IMG_2024-03-16-095145.jpg
IMG_2024-03-16-095203.jpg

We got the blueberry filled pastry tart with purple icing. This was really good. The cider flight was black cherry, blood orange, and passion fruit. My favorite to least was passion fruit, orange, black cherry 🍒
IMG_2024-03-16-093859.jpg
We were able to sit in here and take a little break. This is where people were picking up the Figment popcorn bucket. It was a virtual queue system this year so no 5 hour wait! It looked like there were plenty available.

We did SE on our way out and took a bus back to the resort for a little rest.

The construction crew was removing all the concrete they jackhammered yesterday so it was quiet this afternoon, yay!

After our little siesta, we headed to The Poly via Lyft. We thought we would risk it and try getting dropped off right at the resort. The Lyft driver asked if we had a reservation here and we said no. Well, the security at the Poly just waved us right in, thank goodness, no third degree!

Our plan was a drink on the patio and then we would hop over to the GF for a dinner at Gasparilla Grill.

We found a table on the patio and Nate, from Paging Mr. Morrow and Dustin from DFB were sitting at the table next to us! I was really excited to recognize a few vloggers. I didn’t bother them, I just watched them from our table, haha 😆 It looked like a huge group was gathering with them and they were waiting to get called into Trader SAMs.

Andi didn’t know either one, she doesn’t watch the Disney videos much anymore.

We decided to share the delicious spikey pineapple, which is rum and dole whip. We splurged for the extra rum shooter.
IMG_2024-03-16-075731.jpg
This was definitely spikey! Very strong. Andi drank most of it. I had a few sips. Once we downed the drink, we got on the monorail to GF. You can’t walk over there now with all the construction at the Poly.

I love GF, such a beautiful resort. I miss staying here! We have stayed here at least 4 times!
IMG_2024-03-16-075827.jpg
We spent some time in Basin washing our hands and slowly working our way to the quick service restaurant. Chocolate Display
IMG_2024-03-16-075927.jpg
I wanted the Mac and cheese. I have heard many great reviews on Gasparilla’s house made Mac. The restaurant had quite a few vegetarian and chicken dishes. Andi went with the

Mojo Chicken Bowl

Mojo Chicken, Jasmine Rice, Sweet Potato, Cilantro-Scallion Aïoli, and Black Bean-Tomato Salad

She enjoyed this! My Mac came with house made chips for only $9.49, cheap for Disney.

I loved the Mac and Cheese and the chips, carbs on carbs to get me through our late night coming up.

We found a nice quiet corner booth and enjoyed our dinner. I didn’t get pictures of the food. I totally forgot.

There was a couple CMs having dinner and it was fun eavesdropping and listening to them talk about people, haha. I learned they are in the college program and work at Soarin. Basically they were talking about how people just don’t listen to directions! I totally understand after witnessing this a million times in the parks!

We really enjoyed our meal, conversation, and eavesdropping haha 😛

It was now time to take the monorail to MK for our ride filled evening!

Remember way back this morning at 7am I bought Genie+ and Tron Fancy ride. Well I had been stacking rides for the evening and Tron was first on the agenda!

Stay tuned for MK at night!

picked up our FArts booklet
I'm a grown man... but this still makes me laugh. :laughing:
There was only one group ahead of us when we arrived. It was an elderly couple and they looked very happy at the statue. ❤️
Awww. :goodvibes
She really needed a haircut!
Or sunglasses, like her mom.
The food was not vegetarian so we went straight for the alcohol 🍷
No meat, just liver.
We wanted to try the Smokey Banana Bliss Margarita, a very interesting drink! It was ten to one rum, illegal mezcal Jovan, banana purée and lime juice. What even are all these ingredients?
Dang... always with the rum...
The Wild Mushroom Risotto was the one item we wanted to try.
mmmm.... love risotto. I'd definitely go for this.
On to France 🇫🇷 for the cheese! We had to have the Brie bread bowl. Warm and creamy Brie in a bread bowl, yes please!
That just looks/sounds so heavy to me. Is it?
I also picked up the Frozen French Martini 🍸 Grey goose vodka, chambord liqueur, pineapple, orange, and grape juices with lemon-lime foam.
Yes please!
Both choices were delicious and we even scored a bench to sit on.
You missed out on the quintessential dining on a garbage can?
Our next stop was Morocco for the cider flight. The flight had a pear hard cider, strawberry-lime cider, and blueberry lavender cider.
yummm
I had heard really good things about the Wagyu Bun: steamed bun with American wagyu beef served with a green shiso sauce.
I don't remember if that was there when I was, last... but I don't think it would've appealed. However...
This little soft bun was filled with such deliciousness! Best of the fest for me! It even beats my beloved cheese bowl!
...however, after hearing your review, I'm gonna have to try it. :)
We had been looking at art booths along the way. Most were very crowded so we didn’t look for too long.
Not exactly conducive to a relaxing art perusal.
Here is the print I bought
I like it. Glad you bought it. :)
Butterfly Blue cocktail. This had vodka, light rum, lychee syrup, and magic bobo pearls.
Again with the rum!
Our final stop was the Odyssey building. This was Figment inspired
Nice to see the little guy getting out a bit more. :)
We got the blueberry filled pastry tart with purple icing. This was really good.
Surprised. It looks like a glorified pop-tart. I probably would've skipped this... and regretted it apparently!
The cider flight was black cherry, blood orange, and passion fruit.
All of that. Want.
The construction crew was removing all the concrete they jackhammered yesterday so it was quiet this afternoon, yay!
:thumbsup2
After our little siesta, we headed to The Poly via Lyft. We thought we would risk it and try getting dropped off right at the resort. The Lyft driver asked if we had a reservation here and we said no. Well, the security at the Poly just waved us right in, thank goodness, no third degree!
I think if you'd said you were just going to get a drink, it still would've been okay? I'm not really sure.
Andi didn’t know either one, she doesn’t watch the Disney videos much anymore.
I don't know them either. I don't watch vlogs.
We decided to share the delicious spikey pineapple, which is rum and dole whip.
And.......... more rum.
We splurged for the extra rum shooter.
Now you're just adding insult to injury!
This was definitely spikey! Very strong.
Can't see why. It's not like you had an extra shooter or anything.

Oh, wait...

:rolleyes:
I have heard many great reviews on Gasparilla’s house made Mac.
Funny... I've never even heard of Gasparilla's!
I loved the Mac and Cheese and the chips, carbs on carbs to get me through our late night coming up.
:laughing:
Basically they were talking about how people just don’t listen to directions!
This surprises......... no one.

Ladies, you are my kind of people!!!

The spiked cocktail.....absolutely!!!! Food and drinks look amazing, I`m not a fan of Mezcal either, not fond of that smokey taste that can be so bitter. But, you chose some lovely options for food and drinks, looks like a lot of fun!!

Love your Halloween art work too, yes, it`ll look good all year round.

Tom was in Miami in August 1982 and they had two days in Orlando for Disney and it was MK they visited, they were being told of this amazing place what was being built and it was of course Epcot.

I love talking to our TM friends, some of their guest stories veer between being hilarious and sometimes completely unbelievable at the audacity of people!!! Always interesting though.

You had a great afternoon of trying food and drinks! That Brie bowl looks especially delicious.

This is where people were picking up the Figment popcorn bucket. It was a virtual queue system this year so no 5 hour wait! It looked like there were plenty available.

I can’t believe how popular that bucket was - five hours for a popcorn bucket is nuts! I’m considering buying a popcorn bucket for the first time ever as we’ll have a stroller to store it. I will not be waiting in any lines for a specialty bucket, though!

We found a table on the patio and Nate, from Paging Mr. Morrow and Dustin from DFB were sitting at the table next to us!

Wow, how fun! I’m impressed with your restraint in not bothering them - I don’t know that I could’ve done the same. :laughing:

The deep smokey flavor is not for me. I like good old non smokey tequila.
I agree with you about smokey tequila. I also dislike spiced rum.

The Waygu bun looks really good. We'll have to try it next time it is offered.

The GF is beautiful. We have stayed there a few times when we've gotten a fantastic discount. One time it was a free upgrade from Coronado Springs to GF. :)

Sounds like it was a lovely Epcot afternoon. The brie bowl and Figment dessert look really good!

I'm excited to see the Walt statue and new area in April.

I made a note of your dishes from Gaspirillo. Who doesn't love mac and cheese? And the mojo bowl is basically my normal go-to dish 90% of the time. I eat a black bean/rice bowl for lunch every weekday. So boring. :laughing:

Has there been issues with Uber/Lyft drivers not being able to drop people off at resorts without reservations? I know you can't park there, but I'm surprised you can't even get dropped off. Glad you didn't run into any problems at the gate.

Love your Halloween artwork!

I looked back and we were there in April 1982 so I think only MK was open?
Here we are my friend and I, I know I look the same :rotfl: :laughing:
IMG_2024-03-16-092431.jpg
I love this! Totally 80s. I wish I had a photo from my first trip. It was with my High School Choir.

Our plan was to get a picture with the Walt Disney statue.

I want to do this. You have inspired me.

This ride is awesome and I like it more each time I ride it!

I wish I could work up the courage to try it again.

I also picked up the Frozen French Martini 🍸 Grey goose vodka, chambord liqueur, pineapple, orange, and grape juices with lemon-lime foam.
IMG_2024-03-16-093516.jpg

I think I would like this a lot.

The print I found is Halloween inspired and I love it! The artist was at the booth and he was signing the prints. Here is the print I bought and the Artist info on the back! I love it and will frame it and likely display it all year long!
IMG_2024-03-16-094805.jpg

Great choice! Post a picture when you get it framed on a wall.

We found a table on the patio and Nate, from Paging Mr. Morrow and Dustin from DFB were sitting at the table next to us!

I would recognize Nate but not Dustin. This is very cool.

We decided to share the delicious spikey pineapple, which is rum and dole whip. We splurged for the extra rum shooter.
IMG_2024-03-16-075731.jpg

I would like this too, just now the double shot. I'm a total lightweight.

There was a couple CMs having dinner and it was fun eavesdropping and listening to them talk about people, haha. I learned they are in the college program and work at Soarin. Basically they were talking about how people just don’t listen to directions! I totally understand after witnessing this a million times in the parks!

It's always interesting to listen to the CMs and get that inside view and sometime inside info. The last couple of trips we have spent our park days with Danielle and her CM friends.

I'm a grown man... but this still makes me laugh.
:rotfl:I wonder how Disney likes everyone referring to the festival as FArts?
Dang... always with the rum...
We had many rum drinks today. Most of the rum drinks are so sweet! Just wait until our dinner at US at the rum bar! You may have to look away :laughing:
mmmm.... love risotto. I'd definitely go for this.
This was very good 👍
That just looks/sounds so heavy to me. Is it?
It really is t Brie is a lighter cheese when melted. It was a small portion and sharing was perfect
You missed out on the quintessential dining on a garbage can?
We did! It was crowded but at least we found places to eat our snacks
I don't remember if that was there when I was, last... but I don't think it would've appealed. However..
This little wagyu bun was new this year. It was delicious 🤤
Not exactly conducive to a relaxing art perusal.
The booths were very crowded and very small. The one in America was a little bigger!
I like it. Glad you bought it.
Same! I saw so many cartoon art and not my favorite
Surprised. It looks like a glorified pop-tart. I probably would've skipped this... and regretted it apparently!
It does but it was very tasty with a sugar cookie base!
I think if you'd said you were just going to get a drink, it still would've been okay? I'm not really sure.
I have read that people have been turned away if they don’t have a reservation which is ridiculous since you can arrive by boat or monorail and no questions then! :confused3 Remember when we went to Riviera and I got the third degree and we had a reservation I had to show my 🆔 so I was a little worried!
Funny... I've never even heard of Gasparilla's!
It is overshadowed with all the TS options at GF. It is a good option and usually never super busy.
This surprises......... no one.
Exactly people these days geesh :rotfl:How many times have you heard the CMs have to repeat directions multiple times

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter