Meghan Markle Pregnant!

Of course there has to be a scandal. Apparently Harry and Meghan told the royal family of the pregnancy at Eugenies wedding and are now being accused of trying to upstage Eugenie's wedding. Honestly they can't do anything without someone trying to cause trouble.

Well, if they did announce at the wedding or reception, I think that is very tacky. It was a day for Eugenie and Jack.

I agree the announcement says she's had her 12 week scans and all is well. Her mom began the preparation to move to the UK in August an I believe it was to help Meghan with the her pregnancy and her the baby. I think she probably at least 4 months.

I also think she is further along, but if she is, why would they try to hide it? She was still pregnant after the wedding. Also, everyone would know when the child was conceived once she gives birth since we can all count to nine. Unless she secretly gives birth then they hide her away for a couple of months saying she is resting, then do a "public fake birth." JK. LOL!

Well she secured her alimony if it comes to that LOL!
anyways your thoughts?

I just find it amazing that at her age, 37 she was able to get pregnant right away. Granted so did I and many of my friends, one month off of stopping the pill..but I was 29/30.

Reality is once you hit mid 30s,, your odds are really against you rather you want to admit this or not..

I wonder if they actually started trying before officially being married, or had help.. we'll see if there are twins. .. but math makes it most likely it happened after the ceremony. Not that that matters, IMO.

I hope them the best, bet Harry is very happy.

Now that hideous coat dress makes sense she wore at Eugenie's wedding.
Age also increases your chance of twins even if no fertility measures were taken.
It isn't unheard of to have twins with no fertility measures. I should know.
African-American women are also more likely to have twins.

Anyhow, twins isn't a sign that she used fertility drugs.
She also might look farther along if it is twins and she will most likely deliver before 40 weeks if it is twins, so we won't know when conception happened. (She has also been divorced, so I don't think there was any pretense in that area anyhow)

Well, if they did announce at the wedding or reception, I think that is very tacky. It was a day for Eugenie and Jack.
As I think is custom I think they have to tell the Queen 1st. But I'm certain there was a number of people celebrities etc that would have been at both receptions that would have found out. So formal announcement or not people would have still been finding out that day there is a point that you can just no longer hide a pregnancy.

Last edited:
I also think she is further along, but if she is, why would they try to hide it? She was still pregnant after the wedding. Also, everyone would know when the child was conceived once she gives birth since we can all count to nine. Unless she secretly gives birth then they hide her away for a couple of months saying she is resting, then do a "public fake birth." JK. LOL!
Not every pregnancy lasts 40 weeks.

Anyhow, as my mother-in-law says...the first baby can come anytime, the second one takes at least 9 months LOL

They didn't publicly announce it at the wedding. According to many news articles out this morning, they quietly told the royal family at the wedding. Then an announcement came out this morning. I wonder if they felt they had to say something as it was very obvious.

Not every pregnancy lasts 40 weeks.

Anyhow, as my mother-in-law says...the first baby can come anytime, the second one takes at least 9 months LOL

Yes, some babies come early and some late, but I guarantee if she delivers early, everyone will be all over it saying she was further along. I honestly just don't know why people see it as a scandal if she is further along. I understand there is protocol and probably in the world of the Royals, it would be scandalous to be pregnant before marriage (even though they were living together prior to the wedding.) But even if she is 4 or 5 months along, she would have still conceived after the marriage.

Yes, some babies come early and some late, but I guarantee if she delivers early, everyone will be all over it saying she was further along. I honestly just don't know why people see it as a scandal if she is further along. I understand there is protocol and probably in the world of the Royals, it would be scandalous to be pregnant before marriage (even though they were living together prior to the wedding.) But even if she is 4 or 5 months along, she would have still conceived after the marriage.
"On 27 November 2017, Clarence House announced that Prince Harry would marry Markle in the spring of 2018"

Since she is divorced and they were living together (and Harry was known as a party guy)...there was no illusion of virginity on either side.
To me, the only *possible* scandal would be if she were pregnant when they were engaged as that *might* imply the reason for the marriage was a pregnancy. Given they were engaged 11 months ago, that is not possible. I don't think there will be any scandal.

I'm sure she wanted to make sure that the pregnancy was healthy before announcing to the world.

I similarly got pregnant after my honeymoon and waited to announce after my sister's baby shower as to not steal her "shine" I had gained weight already though so everyone knew.

People have been speculating she was pregnant for nearly a year now.
I think that she is as far along as announced. I'm sure they've been very careful not to rock the boat any more than already with her status of being American, divorced, and having a super trashy half to her family.
And talking about how she looks pregnant and dresses pregnant?!?! "Fluffy," come on, she is still so thin and doesn't even look pregnant. They just needed to announce it before she went out on the long tour in case of any issues.

I think they were kind of stuck because they left for their big tour of Australia and New Zealand on Saturday. They will be gone 2 weeks and no way could she keep it under wraps much longer. If they announced before, then it would have upstaged the wedding. IMHO, they did the best they could with the timing.

I am happy for them, I think Harry has really been looking forward to kids of his own.

People have been speculating she was pregnant for nearly a year now.
I think that she is as far along as announced. I'm sure they've been very careful not to rock the boat any more than already with her status of being American, divorced, and having a super trashy half to her family.
And talking about how she looks pregnant and dresses pregnant?!?! "Fluffy," come on, she is still so thin and doesn't even look pregnant. They just needed to announce it before she went out on the long tour in case of any issues.

In the last few months she has been dressing as if she is hiding a pregnancy. Wearing dresses with ruffles down the front, capes and drapes over her middle, and always holding props in front of her belly. It's find to try to hide it, I don't see it as a big deal. I just feel bad because I think the media picked up on in and I wish they just let her be and announce on her own time. But her wardrobe has changed in the last few months. Now if she was a common person, nobody would have noticed, but since her every move and every article of clothing is scrutinized to the buttons, she had no way of keeping it secret.

In the last few months she has been dressing as if she is hiding a pregnancy. Wearing dresses with ruffles down the front, capes and drapes over her middle, and always holding props in front of her belly. It's find to try to hide it, I don't see it as a big deal. I just feel bad because I think the media picked up on in and I wish they just let her be and announce on her own time. But her wardrobe has changed in the last few months. Now if she was a common person, nobody would have noticed, but since her every move and every article of clothing is scrutinized to the buttons, she had no way of keeping it secret.

The point is, there hasn't been anything TO HIDE. So she isn't dressing any particular way to hide something nobody can see. You can't even tell now. Look up any pictures of her from September/October. The media did not "pick up" on anything. They have been announcing her pregnancy for 11 months lol. They were bound to be right at some point. I think they've got to give up on Jennifer Aniston though.

I just find it amazing that at her age, 37 she was able to get pregnant right away. Granted so did I and many of my friends, one month off of stopping the pill..but I was 29/30.

Reality is once you hit mid 30s,, your odds are really against you rather you want to admit this or not..

My wife will be 36 in December and is 4 months pregnant currently. We had our first when she was 34.

It did take some trying though (we lost one). But with the fertility treatments and the ovulation stuff that I don't understand that exists today, women getting pregnant well into their 40's is more common than you would think. It's expensive, but, well, they are literally royalty. LOL

I only know that because of our situation and my mom has worked in fertility for 10 years.

True may woman get pregnant with no help later in life. But ask any gyno, your chances Signifcantely decrease over 30.. It is a simple FACT women should be aware of, when planning. It's a bit a lie how celebrities are having twins, babies over 40 and then a young woman thinks, hey then I can have my 20s and 30s to do whatever and THEN I can think about kids.. For her it might be too late.

The longer you wait the higher the chances you wont get pregnant. We wanted to wait but my Dr. said each year reduces a woman's chance by 3 or 4 %. We like to think the odds are in our favor, but they are not. some got lucky. Same gyno on the other hand tells me now at 44 that I still need to be on birth control.. He said my odds are slim to none, but many "slims" have gotten pregnant.. the few % seem far off, unless it happens to you. I had two friends have kids with 36 and 38, but both were on clomithine ??.
I do agree it is a fact that fertility declines after 30. I speak from my own experience, have my first 2 on my late 20’s and I was done. Now 38 and had a baby without taking any drugs, on the pill. Dr wasn’t surprised and now I got my tubes tied, still some women get pregnant after getting their tube tied also :scared:

I do agree it is a fact that fertility declines after 30. I speak from my own experience, have my first 2 on my late 20’s and I was done. Now 38 and had a baby without taking any drugs, on the pill. Dr wasn’t surprised and now I got my tubes tied, still some women get pregnant after getting their tube tied also :scared:

How long were you on the pill? I'm literally 38 and I've been have the craziest pregnancy symptoms in the last 2 weeks but I'm on the pill so I'm completely confused lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter