Meghan Markle Pregnant!

Congrats to the couple! Such happy news! Harry always seemed to be so good with the little ones. I am sure he will be a fantastic father, as well will be the duchess.

And didn't she also get free room and board in a castle as she continued to live with Andrew to raise their children together?

She got to keep a lot of her Jewels etc. And yes she got to still live in the family home. And when it had a fire she got to move into Andrew's current home even though her girls are grown and no longer living there.

Not every pregnancy lasts 40 weeks.

Anyhow, as my mother-in-law says...the first baby can come anytime, the second one takes at least 9 months LOL

A friend of mine was digging through some local 18th century records a few years ago and though she wasn't looking at that she did note how many first babies were born less than 9 months after the wedding lol.

I think it's weird that so many women here seem to be offended by any notion of fertility decreasing as you age. Obviously it's averages, and not a given, but it's simply a fact of the number of viable eggs. I had my babies in my 30's and even prior to being 35 was described more than once by medical professionals as having advanced maternal age. I wasn't offended. No one was gasping in awe that I'd managed to get pregnant in my 30's - it's just not that unusual - just noting a fact of me being well into my childbearing years - which I was.

Think about it, being 20+ years into your childbearing years is pretty advanced. I hope I wore it proudly.

No one was gasping in awe that I'd managed to get pregnant in my 30's - it's just not that unusual
Well the OP was sure surprised Meghan was able to get pregnant being in her 30s.

I just find it amazing that at her age, 37 she was able to get pregnant right away

Medically speaking we all get it just as much as we get that every woman's body is different. It's just sorta strange and weird to fixate on someone's age like this especially in the context we're talking about. She's pregnant, that's a great thing, who gives a hoot how old she is. Instead of the conversation being about the royal family and their good news the OP interjected multiple comments regarding how old she is and her fertility :confused3

How comes the media tend to use the common names for Prince Harry and Prince William's wives? Is it because the headline "The Duchess of Sussex Announces Pregnancy" wouldn't get any clicks because normies wouldn't know who that is?

Yep. I doubt all that many people (except Royal followers) recognize them by their titles.

Well the OP was sure surprised Meghan was able to get pregnant being in her 30s.

Medically speaking we all get it just as much as we get that every woman's body is different. It's just sorta strange and weird to fixate on someone's age like this especially in the context we're talking about. She's pregnant, that's a great thing, who gives a hoot how old she is. Instead of the conversation being about the royal family and their good news the OP interjected multiple comments regarding how old she is and her fertility :confused3

The OP didn't say she was surprised she was able to get pregnant, but that she was surprised she was able to get pregnant right away. Really two different things IMO.

I think people would also be talking about her age if she was on the young side of her childbearing years, implying of course she was pregnant quickly at the peak of her fertility. Fertility is something people talk about, they just do. (My niece is having baby #2 at 21 and lots of people comment.) Part of that is certainly due to more women postponing childbearing until later and then sometimes having fertility issues because of it. I don't get why that is upsetting. It's just reality. I sure I thought WAAAY more about my fertility when I was having babies in my 30's than I would have had I been in my 20's because I had a shorter timeline.

People are talking about random things that interest them on an anonymous forum. It stands to reason that we'd be way more likely to discuss things of a personal nature like fertility here while if we saw her in person we'd simply wish them well. The whole reason I clicked on this thread was to see what was being discussed because I thought "hmm, several pages talking about a pregnancy, surely they're saying more than congratulations."

The OP didn't say she was surprised she was able to get pregnant, but that she was surprised she was able to get pregnant right away. Really two different things IMO.

I think people would also be talking about her age if she was on the young side of her childbearing years, implying of course she was pregnant quickly at the peak of her fertility. Fertility is something people talk about, they just do. (My niece is having baby #2 at 21 and lots of people comment.) Part of that is certainly due to more women postponing childbearing until later and then sometimes having fertility issues because of it. I don't get why that is upsetting. It's just reality. I sure I thought WAAAY more about my fertility when I was having babies in my 30's than I would have had I been in my 20's because I had a shorter timeline.

People are talking about random things that interest them on an anonymous forum. It stands to reason that we'd be way more likely to discuss things of a personal nature like fertility here while if we saw her in person we'd simply wish them well. The whole reason I clicked on this thread was to see what was being discussed because I thought "hmm, several pages talking about a pregnancy, surely they're saying more than congratulations."
You need to look at subsequent comments really. The "fast" comment wasn't really the focus at all of the OP's later comments.

You seem to have misunderstood my comment about strange and weird to fixate :rolleyes: ;)

Aside from fertility issues, I always thought there were pros and cons to having babies early vs. having them later.

Having them very young, a woman may not get to complete schooling, find her forever mate or career path (not all, obviously), whereas having them later, presumably a woman may be more settled in life and/or career, etc.

OTOH, having them young means you get to still be young when they're grown, and you likely get to be a young grandmother, etc., whereas having them older, women (or their mates) may be encountering health problems themselves and may be pushing toward or in retirement years when kids are finishing school. They may even miss out on being grandparents, or be much older grandparents.

Neither is right or wrong, it's a personal choice. Middle of the road for many probably makes most sense, but again, it's individual.

Meghan and Harry seem to be in a good place to start their family. Both of them spent a lot of time growing up, having fun and accomplishing things, and I'm sure they're going to make great, well-rounded parents!

Honestly, these two are so lovely. On fb, people magazine has been posting videos of Meghan and Harry greeting people and talking with the crowd. I cannot believe how poised, thoughtful, gracious, funny and kind they are. The way they interact, joke, hug and talk to the crowd is so inspiring. One little boy about 3 or 4 hugged them both and it was so touching how he hugged Harry and was feeling his beard and just how amazing Harry was with him. These two are going to change the world.

My mother in law had a surprise baby in her late 40’s (27 years between her oldest and her youngest). She had actually though she had gone through menopause and was extremely shocked to find out she was pregnant.

I’m almost 37 and I told my husband of a year I would try for a baby but didn’t think it would happen easily due to age and some health issues in my past.

Apparently I am super fertile though since I got pregnant within the first month of us trying. I also have a daughter that I had when I was 19 that I got pregnant with after my first time having sex.

I know of a family where the mom was 35 and was pregnant with the first baby. They went on to have 7 more. All single births. She was collecting Social security before the youngest graduated from high school.

Yep. I doubt all that many people (except Royal followers) recognize them by their titles.

Everyone in the UK probably would (or be more likely to) and that's the only group of people that this will impact in any way. Well not much of an impact but whatever.

Now that she is pregnant she is permitted to wear flats and was pictured wearing Rothys, also known as the most comfortable shoes ever! If interested, I can send you a link to save $20 on your first pair of Rothys!

When I heard the announcement I assumed they told family when they did because they were pretty immediately taking off on a tour and knew it would be noticed and reported. Then I saw photos of her on tour in a slim silhouette dress where she doesn't even look like she had a big lunch. It was inconsiderate to hijack the spotlight at someone else's wedding, especially someone you supposedly love and care for.

I wish them nothing but the best with their new baby, but the wedding day should have been about the bride and groom and celebrating their future and happiness -- the same thing that was just afforded Harry and Meghan only a couple months ago.
Totally agree and it's simply absurd they couldn't find any other time to tell family. It's actually kind of hard to believe that really happened.

Well she secured her alimony if it comes to that LOL!
anyways your thoughts?

I just find it amazing that at her age, 37 she was able to get pregnant right away. Granted so did I and many of my friends, one month off of stopping the pill..but I was 29/30.

Reality is once you hit mid 30s,, your odds are really against you rather you want to admit this or not..

I wonder if they actually started trying before officially being married, or had help.. we'll see if there are twins. .. but math makes it most likely it happened after the ceremony. Not that that matters, IMO.

I hope them the best, bet Harry is very happy.

Now that hideous coat dress makes sense she wore at Eugenie's wedding.

Alimony, really?

As for getting pregnant after 30, I'm in my 50s and my mom was 35 when she had me. Not that odd in my opinion. You're right, it doesn't matter how and when she got pregnant and it's kind of tacky to speculate.

I thought she looked nice at the wedding last week. What she wore was very similar to lots of other royal women.

I was born in 1959 my Mother was 38, my Father was 44. Later births are fairly normal in my family. Has been that way for our entire history. I was the first child for both of them. People find it hard to believe but my Grandfather (Father's Father) was born in 1856. That's five years before the Civil War!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter