Member Services Breaking 11 Month Rule!

I'd like to clarify some of my logic regarding the original problem. Let's say that it is July 16, the 11 month window allows reservations starting or including June 16, and two members have reserved the Grand Villas (there are only two) at the Grand Californian for June 16. So two members both have a reservation on June 16. No one else can have a reservation on June 16, or any date beyond that since to have a reservation for June 17 and later, you would have to have the reservation on June 16 due to the 11 month rule.

I asked the cast member to look at the membership numbers of the two owners for June 16 that have those reservations. That would have been me and some other person. Then look at the membership numbers of the "owners" who had reserved June 17. Since only the owners that have the June 16 reservations would be able to have a June 17 reservation, something must be amiss. Either one or both of the owners of the June 16 reservation have been blocked out of getting the June 17 reservation. The cast member would not report on what she found.

I really suspect that a non-owner, e.g. an executive of DVC, The Disney Company, or The Disneyland Resort, had swooped in and got a reservation on June 17. I'm unable to confirm this.

I agree that they could have taken one or both units out of commission for maintenance, but why, if that was the case, didn't they say that? (I'm so used to being lied to by politicians I'm beginning to suspect everyone "in authority.") Further, why would they take units out of commission during a busy season?

In any case, some are more equal than others. I'm just glad I got what I needed.

In the past this has also happened simply because the computer system has a glitch. I called a couple times in the past asking why and MS really had no idea, once giving the response that it must be reserved but not knowing how that could be, but the rooms opened upon again later in the afternoon or a day or two later.

I agree that this happens and really far too often.

This happened last year with club level rooms at AKV. Booked beyond the 11+ month point that could have been booked. Myself and at least one other person (on this forum) could not add the next night to our ressies. The night that was blocked was December 5th - which we found out later was the opening of Rise of the Resistance- at which many Star Wars dignitaries came. Coincidence??? I think not! The more I read these blogs, the more crap I think DVC pulls. It's not like we have any real proof of their shenanigans and they can always claim it was a "glitch".

Much like this latest snafu when ALL Jambo rooms were pulled for the entire year and they magically became available again when there started to be a hue and cry on various forums about it. Terri herself replied to tell me it was a "glitch". Right. More than 6 months of room availability are taken away for more than a week - and no one at DVC knew?

How much of this stuff has to happen before we can get DVC's books audited? Particularly after Terri took over. I think she pushes what she thinks she can get away with.

Curious.... how far in advance can someone book a cash reservation for a DVC property?

They don’t offer cash reservations for VGC. I attended a DVC annual meeting in I think 2017 and the question was asked, they said because of the limited number of rooms they don’t offer cash reservations. I’ve never seen a way to book a cash reservation (Disneyland website) or cash rates for VGC.

The only explanation I thought of (which obviously isn’t the answer in this case) was that someone bought a guaranteed week.

I'm not saying that DVC didn't try to pull a fast one, however I really think that it was either a computer glitch or a room being taken out for maintenance.

IF they tried to pull a fast one, I dont think they would do it with a room which is so limited in number of rooms as that is more likely than not to be noticed.

IF you wanna cheat you are more likely to do it with something which wouldn't be noticed.

Taken out for maintenance. Happens all the time. DVC isn’t pulling any fast ones. You say they wouldn’t tell you why. That’s because member services isn’t Always notified That far out.

The cast member from Member Services called the Grand Californian itself to find out what was up, but still wouldn't tell me. I'd think that if it was maintenance they would have said something.

Interestingly, on the evening of July 16 I check and June 17 was still booked (per the long discussion above). On the morning of July 17 (bright and early at 6:00 AM MDT) it was suddenly available and I nabbed it.

Although I understand it may be easy to say it was a "glitch," I think it was something else that they fixed over night. In any case, I have the days I want and now just have to wait until next June and hope that Disneyland is open by then. (You'd certainly hope so.)

Could 5this be someone's garenteed week reservation? happened to me once and was told the reservation enters the system at 11.5 months before the date of the reservation!

They don't have guaranteed weeks at the Grand Californian.

Could 5this be someone's garenteed week reservation? happened to me once and was told the reservation enters the system at 11.5 months before the date of the reservation!
No. Fixed weeks were/are not offered for VGC

It was either an IT issue or someone besides a DVC member booked it before the window opened.

FWIW, I don't recall DVC ever taking rooms out for maintenance more than 11 months in advance. (Perhaps for scheduled rehabs, but I highly doubt they would take just one GV and no other villas for that purpose).

FWIW, I don't recall DVC ever taking rooms out for maintenance more than 11 months in advance. (Perhaps for scheduled rehabs, but I highly doubt they would take just one GV and no other villas for that purpose).

::yes:: Considering there's been refurbs that they haven't managed to get rooms taken out of service even at 7 months I've always considered the odds of "removed for maintenance" at 11 months to be less than zero. IT glitch? High odds on that.

The cast member from Member Services called the Grand Californian itself to find out what was up, but still wouldn't tell me. I'd think that if it was maintenance they would have said something.

Interestingly, on the evening of July 16 I check and June 17 was still booked (per the long discussion above). On the morning of July 17 (bright and early at 6:00 AM MDT) it was suddenly available and I nabbed it.

Although I understand it may be easy to say it was a "glitch," I think it was something else that they fixed over night. In any case, I have the days I want and now just have to wait until next June and hope that Disneyland is open by then. (You'd certainly hope so.)

I might be confused, but no booking would be available for June 17th until July 17th, correct?

On July 16th you can add up to one week from June 16 in eleven months. The problem was that since I already had a reservation on the 16th I should have been able to add the 17th. I have a longer post above that describes the whole issue. Fortunately, it has all been resolved now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter