Member Services Breaking 11 Month Rule!

They've been playing this game with the value rooms at Kidani for years now. They'll block rooms out beyond the 11 month window and sometimes later release them, about a month past the first booking dates. Occasionally the blocked dates are done so for maintenance and that is obvious when it's done for 2+ weeks at a time. Then there are the individual days that are blocked out. One could argue that Disney is going through the rooms working to change out/repair some major element (a counter/sink/commode etc) but that is not the sort of thing Disney plans for. If a major emergency repair pops up it is taken out at that moment in time, not down the road.

My bet whe we see these individual days reserved out past the 11 month reach: someone within IT, probably a manager, has access and is blocking out days for themselves or as a favor to another reservations unit. No, it's not allowed but they are aware there is no way we can prove it and probably no way they'll get caught unless someone with data permissions is looking at the exact hold and willing to call a manager out on it. It's a theory of one bad egg who knows how to play the system.

I have tended to still think it's ineptness with loading inventory but I remember a poster from a few years ago insisting more than once that they had solid information that some CM's were doing exactly that.

Our sales guide back in Feb casually mentioned that he had AKV points so that he could take his wife for a CL stay every year for her birthday. I remember wondering how he got a CL reservation every single year.

Our sales guide back in Feb casually mentioned that he had AKV points so that he could take his wife for a CL stay every year for her birthday. I remember wondering how he got a CL reservation every single year.

I don’t think guides get to break the rules. I worked with someone who bought for this exact reason, and to be honest, they stayed in one every summer...

I had warned them not to expect it and to my surprise, they got a CL studio for like 5 years in a row for 8 nights every July.

Well, it's happening again with the AKV value studios. Today (October 2) it's showing September 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th as available, but September 6th, 7th, and 8th as unavailable. What's weird is if I try to modify a second value studio I have booked, it shows the 6th as available, but the 7th and 8th aren't. I can't figure out for the life of me what's going on!

Well, it's happening again with the AKV value studios. Today (October 2) it's showing September 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th as available, but September 6th, 7th, and 8th as unavailable. What's weird is if I try to modify a second value studio I have booked, it shows the 6th as available, but the 7th and 8th aren't. I can't figure out for the life of me what's going on!
I'm only seeing the 8th as available. I'm guessing you currently have one booked covering Sept 2-5 and up to the 6th with the other one?

Why in the world are you walking two value rooms?

I'm only seeing the 8th as available. I'm guessing you currently have one booked covering Sept 2-5 and up to the 6th with the other one?
Room 1: check in on August 30, check out on September 6
Room 2: check in on September 1, check out on September 7

Why in the world are you walking two value rooms?
One can have as many rooms as one would like. Last year, I had three value studios booked for all of my family. Next year, I am booking one for my DH and myself and one for friends. Unfortunately, walking value rooms for the fall is a must--which is why I will not be booking any more value rooms in the future.

Is that availability when you look at it thru modifying your existing reservation or is that looking at it as a brand new reservation. When you do it thru the modify it shows as available what you already have reserved.

Is that availability when you look at it thru modifying your existing reservation or is that looking at it as a brand new reservation. When you do it thru the modify it shows as available what you already have reserved.
I am doing it by modifying the reservation. Here are screenshots of what I'm seeing.
Room 1:
Room 2:

The reason they are different is because when you are modifying it includes the room that you currently have in the availabilty. Of course that doesn't explain the hole though which should not happen.
Ah, that makes total sense. But you are right, it doesn't make sense that there is a hole. I've already lost two reservations a while back. I'm hoping this is a glitch that will be fixed before Monday when I have to modify Room #1. Someone earlier suggested that Disney is doing this on purpose to stop the walking. If that's true, that would be very upsetting. If they don't want us walking, just tell us. I am a rule-follower and would never walk again if they just say the word.

Ah, that makes total sense. But you are right, it doesn't make sense that there is a hole. I've already lost two reservations a while back. I'm hoping this is a glitch that will be fixed before Monday when I have to modify Room #1. Someone earlier suggested that Disney is doing this on purpose to stop the walking. If that's true, that would be very upsetting. If they don't want us walking, just tell us. I am a rule-follower and would never walk again if they just say the word.
Same here. And I currently have a value studio walk going so I don't want it broken up either. Thankfully I have Sept 2-8 right now so looks like I'm beyond the current hole. I don't think I'm going to risk taking any days off from moving dates.

Same here. And I currently have a value studio walk going so I don't want it broken up either. Thankfully I have Sept 2-8 right now so looks like I'm beyond the current hole. I don't think I'm going to risk taking any days off from moving dates.
So do you modify every day? I've been doing it every 5-6 days. Is it better to do it daily?

I just started this one yesterday and normally I'd just walk it every few days. With some of the weird stuff going on I'm not going to risk it.
Well, I said I modify every 5-6 days. That was with my first two reservations I lost earlier. With these two reservations, I've been walking one for a couple of weeks, but the second one I just got yesterday. So unfortunately, modifying daily doesn't necessarily make it safe. I'm just wondering if I should go ahead and modify what I can get. At least that will open up some days at the beginning that I don't need. Good luck with your walk!

Something is up for sure with the Value Studios. Every single night for the entire week at 11 months is booked solid. So every reservation for a value studio (or any used towards a 2BR) are booked for Sept 2-9....not likely. It will be interesting to see at midnight if the night of the 9th is available.

I do walks at 7 and 11 months and book as many days as my points allow and I walk every day as close to 8 as I can. Right now I am walking a 2 day stay at a VGC studio at seven months, but I am walking 6 nights because that is how many days I can book without borrowing. I started it yesterday and will have the two nights I want in 2 days, so I could start to shorten it one day at that time, but shortening does not need to occur daily, just the advancing. In theory this practice should only be required on 7 month walks, not 11. However I have had 11 month walks interrupted twice. Once because of availability abnormalities like you are seeing and once because I waited till 7:30 am ET (forgot to do it the night before) and the booking tool was down that morning. Since the abnormality incident, I view 11 months walks just like I do 7 months walks: Book for as long as your points allow without borrowing and advance every day just after 8AM.

This morning the value studio availabilty seemed to be fixed (not sure if it will help @DisneyStarWisher ) as the 7th and 8th were available with no dates prior to that (typical value studio availabilty).

This morning the value studio availabilty seemed to be fixed (not sure if it will help @DisneyStarWisher ) as the 7th and 8th were available with no dates prior to that (typical value studio availabilty).
Thanks for thinking of me. It doesn't seem fixed to me, though. When I try to book Room #1, the 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th aren't available. When I try to book Room #2, the 8th and 9th aren't available. For me, the issues are still there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter