Member Services Breaking 11 Month Rule!

The ability to modify reservations is currently "unavailable". They say they are trying to fix it, try later. So there must be an actual problem with it. A lot of people (including myself) cannot book this morning at the 11 month window. Let's see if its up soon. This may be what happens when WDW lays off its IT people. The phones are going to be so busy at 9 ET.
Looks like things are working now.

I deleted a few posts because we have asked people not to post in terms of availability.

Availability changes so often that these types of posts would become overwhelming.

Thanks all.

It's happened again! Either MS has broken the 11-month rule, or theres yet another "glitch". This time with AKL CL studio...

If you look at September, 2021 availability -look at the week starting September 13 (11 months from today)

There is another hole in the availability! Some of the dates are gone because of walkers, but then one day is available, and the next day is NOT available! The only way this could happen is if Disney pulled that room (or the infamous "glitch")

It's happened again! Either MS has broken the 11-month rule, or theres yet another "glitch". This time with AKL CL studio...

If you look at September, 2021 availability -look at the week starting September 13 (11 months from today)

There is another hole in the availability! Some of the dates are gone because of walkers, but then one day is available, and the next day is NOT available! The only way this could happen is if Disney pulled that room (or the infamous "glitch")
Yeah, I was noticing that as well. Hoping the value studio doesn't have another issue anytime soon.

Yeah, I was noticing that as well. Hoping the value studio doesn't have another issue anytime soon.
Yeah, it looks like I can finally try for one at 8:00 a.m. today. I won't even be excited if I get it because I figure I'll run into issues as I try to modify it! Maybe third time will be charm, but this has definitely made me a non-believer in the system.

Has anyone bothered to call MS or email Terri Price about these holes in the RAT that can't be explained by walkers?

Has anyone bothered to call MS or email Terri Price about these holes in the RAT that can't be explained by walkers?
I've spoken with a manager in the past and they'll just say that it's possible though they can't explain how.

Yeah, it looks like I can finally try for one at 8:00 a.m. today. I won't even be excited if I get it because I figure I'll run into issues as I try to modify it! Maybe third time will be charm, but this has definitely made me a non-believer in the system.
Did you manage to get it this morning? I had seen there was a shot at it and was hoping you'd be able to get it.

I'm kind of glad that I haven't been able to get reservations started for a Club Level studio otherwise I would have found this very frustrating....

Screenshot_2020-10-23 Book a Resort Disney Vacation Club.png

I'm kind of glad that I haven't been able to get reservations started for a Club Level studio otherwise I would have found this very frustrating....

View attachment 534249

I've been playing with some of my reservations and noted an issue such as the above pop up when the system crashes on changing a room in a 'sold out' category. It eventually resolved itself, but was a head scratcher as I had just released the room and should not have appeared as unavailable in the middle of a run like that.

It's not a computer glitch! DVC is pulling inventory before it is available to the DVC members. As predicted for the 50th anniversary....

This also happened when ROTR opened last December 5th, and at other various times....

Bunch of hooey if you ask me.

It's not a computer glitch! DVC is pulling inventory before it is available to the DVC members. As predicted for the 50th anniversary....

This also happened when ROTR opened last December 5th, and at other various times....

Is that legal?

Yelling at us won't fix anything. :(

I've been playing with some of my reservations and noted an issue such as the above pop up when the system crashes on changing a room in a 'sold out' category. It eventually resolved itself, but was a head scratcher as I had just released the room and should not have appeared as unavailable in the middle of a run like that.
Happens to me all the time. It takes about 20 minutes once I release it back to show back up

Is that legal?
They can take rooms out for service. Now they maintain ownership at the resort of 2 to 4%.

So. I believe they can technically keep some out but not sure exactly how that works. The purpose was ensure back up if something happened

Now if it disappears and then is back in a few days it seems like they are pulling and releasing which does stop walking for some of the rooms..

Is that legal?
If they book the rooms before the 11 months open, for a VIP for example or to reserve some rooms for a high demand period, then it's illegal.
If they keep rooms out of inventory for maintenance, then it's legal.
The problem is that if it's the latter they should just say it. Playing dumb and say it's possible without explaining what's happening, then makes us think it might be the former.

If they book the rooms before the 11 months open, for a VIP for example or to reserve some rooms for a high demand period, then it's illegal.
If they keep rooms out of inventory for maintenance, then it's legal.
The problem is that if it's the latter they should just say it. Playing dumb and say it's possible without explaining what's happening, then makes us think it might be the former.
Maintenance is one thing and understandable. The other is unfortunately part of the "real world", whether it is legal or not. And I don't doubt at all that is doesn't happen.

Maintenance is one thing and understandable. The other is unfortunately part of the "real world", whether it is legal or not. And I don't doubt at all that is doesn't happen.
It may but honestly in most cases it’s a night here or there and then shows up a day or two later.

That leads me believe it’s less about a VIP. But of course we don’t know for sure and because it doesn’t happen with anything but the cheap rooms I tend to think it’s a glitch or
Done on purpose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!