Members Services Adjusting points

Jim Ousley

Disneyfamilyof6
Just an FYI.

I called in to move points. I have 4 contracts, all same use year and resort, and wanted to move points on a reservation from one contract to another.

MS offered to moved points I had borrowed back to 2019 use year without asking.

She said I can move those and you can borrow again if needed.

I did not ask or prompt her in any way. She said back end would take two days but they would be returned to original use year which was 2019.

Friendly MS and seemed to have no issues making this happen :)

Last edited:
Just an FYI.

I called in to move points. I have 4 contracts, all same use year and resort, and wanted to move points on a reservation from one contract to another.

She said I can move those and you can borrow again if needed.

I did not ask or prompt her in any way. She said back end would take two days but they would be returned to original use year which was 2019.

Friendly MS and seemed to have no issues making this happen :)
Wow!

Are you new to DVC @Jim Ousley ? I have had MS do some stuff I'm pretty sure they're not supposed to do as well. I have been in the system about 7 months and if you look at my account, I've:

banked my 2017 points.....
received a transfer....
purchased OTU points for 2017....
taken a trip.....
cancelled 3 trips....
banked transferred points.....
waitlisted....
cancelled waitlist...
purchased OTU points for 2018...
reallocated my points....
and
I currently have 4 active reservations - 2 of which I've modified at least 6 times each.

So....

I think they look at my account and go :scared1::scared1::scared1:!!!! And they did whatever they could to get me "situated" and leave them alone. FWIW, there was a "legit" way for them to do what I was needing, but I think they did it in a way that was easier for them and still let me accomplish my goal.

Not new. Finally bought early 2016. Should have bought 10 years ago.......like many on here say.

Spent a lot on rooms before so decision was easy

MS in my experience has always tried to help. Even though 2 of my 4 contracts are resale.

They offered to help on the two resale ones without me asking.

Just pointing out so others can see.

These boards are invaluable to anyone wanting to know the ins and outs.

Not new. Finally bought early 2016. Should have bought 10 years ago.......like many on here say.

Spent a lot on rooms before so decision was easy

MS in my experience has always tried to help. Even though 2 of my 4 contracts are resale.

Just pointing out so others can see.

These boards are invaluable to anyone wanting to know the ins and outs.

Member services isn't impacted by resale buyers, it's the management, DVD, and the guides who don't like resale.

:earsboy: Bill

Lucky. Don’t expect that in the doctors.

No reason MS wouldn’t help you with all contracts. That’s what they are there to do. Help with our contracts. They don’t care where they came from as long as we aren’t trying to book a cruise etc on new resale points.

It definitely varies depending on the CM you get- if someone tells you no, try again later and you may get lucky.

The other day a CM tell me I couldn't transfer points between my own contracts (same use year, same resort, same membership) because it would count as my one transfer of the year (which I don't think is true). Called again this AM and a different CM said no problem, done in 5 minutes.

that happened online for me earlier this year. I cancelled a reservation made with borrowed points and they went automatically back to the original UY. When I rebooked the alternative room I had to borrow them all over again.

DVC can make exceptions to the rules on a case by case basis and sometimes I think they make the exceptions proactively if they think it is in Disney's best interest to do so for some reason or another. For example if you have an Annual Pass that isn't going to expire until sometime during the use year they put your points back into, it may be in their best interest to do so, as you will be more likely to come during that period and spend money on food, souvenirs, etc. than if you didn't have those points available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter