Members Soarin tour

It sounds like the WDW tour is quite a bit different from the DL tour. We did the DL tour when it first started and it was a really awesome experience. Just like limace described above. From the DL experience, I could totally see why they would have the age limit be 16. They let you behind the screen and I'm sure there are some insurance rules that say everyone has to be above 16 if you are in that type of an area. WDW probably has the age restriction in place for insurance purposes too.

I hope you are able to score a reservation! Even if the WDW tour isn't as good as the DL one, at least it's free, so you are only out your time.

At WDW the guide showed us a cannister of the no longer used pine forest scent and let us smell it, while we were outside the building. Then we walked down the regular queue area to the pre-show area, and then into the ride area. He narrated into our earpieces during the ride. Then when the ride was over the lights came on and we were able to linger to view the mechanism. And then we left. That was it.View attachment 382407

Thanks for sharing the pic. Surprised they allowed cameras backstage.

Thanks for sharing the pic. Surprised they allowed cameras backstage.
Nah, not backstage where no cameras are allowed. The picture was taken from in front of the ride; in other words, my back was to the screen. They turned on the lights and gave us a few moments to linger.Soarin.jpg Soarin B.jpg

We did this tour with our son when he was 8 at Disneyland. We have a reservation for 7 at EPCOT...3 of those are 10, 10 and 13. I'm confused because it says "Guests under 18 must be accompanied by an adult." and then it says "Guests must be 16 years of age or older."

They didn't bat an eye at our son at Disneyland. I'm debating dropping our reservation because I don't want to get there and the kids not be able to participate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!