Memorial Day questions???

signtalker

"in House" Disney Cast Member
I think by the looks of it next year we are out at the world when its memorial day

So what happens on this day?
When is it?
And what is the best plan of action?, avoid parks/stay in villa??

Can anybody fill me in on details.

cheers
jules

It's a public holiday, so the Parks can get very busy.

We went to Florida a few years ago around that time and the parks seemed very busy for a week.

Maxine

:wave: Jules

Might be worth posting this one on the US site - or searching for comments on this. Sure our friends across the pond will be able to offer some good tips.

We were in Florida last year for Memorial Day. Because we had heard the parks would be busy , we scheduled this as our 1st shopping day.

We'd spent our first 2 full days at the parks so were ready for a rest.

The malls didn't seem especially busy but all seeme dto be open.

Hope this may be some help.

:jester: :jester: :jester:

Wow it's bin a while since I was here!

Anyway... we were in disney on Memorial Day last year and decided to go to Sea World as most of the Disney Parks were packed.
Sea World was VERY quiet!
Might be worth a try!

What date is memorial day??, and is it only the DIS parks that seem to ge t busy??

Jules

Hi Jules - here is a thread I was looking at earlier that might be of some help to you.

I am not sure if Memorial Day is the same date each year - or the same weekend? Or is like Easter and moves to suit the calendar! I will try to find out for you - watch this space??? LOL

Me again :)

I have it on good authority that Memorial Day is always the last monday in May - it is a Bank Holiday, and the weekend is considered Memorial weekend. It is historically known that WDW begins to get busy on Friday Afternoon/Evening, and tapers off Monday afternoon.

Hope this helps Jules - but will give you a full account, when we get back as we are there this year! Yay!!!! :D :D :D

Janice thanks for that, looks like the weekend of the 24th/25th and monday 26th, will now go back to schedule and rethink LOL.

Let me know how it goes janice.

Julia

We were there last year for Memorial Day, and in all honesty, I don't remember the parks being any busier than any other day that we were there. I can't even remember which parks we were in!! So it can't have made that much difference!

HTH just my opinion.

Jo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter