Memorial Weekend trip to BCV and VB!

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
DH and I had a most wonderful time. We now have direct flights out of Dayton, so we dropped Buster off at 9 AM at the kennel, got the 11 AM flight out to Orlando, and were at the BCV at 2PM. CM's were very nice, they weren't busy, so additional ones came over to Welcome us Home! Room wasn't ready, so we went swimming in the villa pool, and were in our room by 3PM. We had room 550, view of Epcot, a studio. Villa was very very nice, it was missing the stop drain for the kitchenette sink, and I'm sorry to say that we never did get it. It really didn't matter to us, but we did call down and asked.

We enjoyed the "new" BCV store, and tasted some delicious treats, like the chocolate ice, that was just the "chocolate fix" I needed! DH had the brownie and milk and he was pleased as well. SAB was wonderful, and on the morning we left, I had the lazy river part all to myself for the 1/2 hour before we checked out.

VB was absolutely wonderful, we did have a direct ocean view room, as did my DSis who was right next door. We were room 2324 and they 2323, which was HC. The shower stall had a lip on it and water over running wasn't an issue.

There are lots of families with children at VB, but there was plenty for adults to do as well. DSis enjoyed the yoga class very very much, and had a deep tissue massage. We went to the turtle talk, there were 14 nests in the area. I took the Beachwalk, and saw 2 "false crawls" the turtle was startled and so didn't make the nest, but it was wonderful to realize she was there, just the night before I was.

We did the historic Jungle trail on bikes on Sunday morning.

We were so lucky, the weather Wednesday to Monday was perfect for a Florida vacation. We went to BJ Thomas's 5 something concerts both days we were there. We did Soarin and Mission Space, and the topiaries this year at the Flower Show were themselves worth the trip. We took the monorail to MK and saw Wishes and refurbished Small World. We thought the busses were fine. Coming back to BCV in early afternoon from AK, the bus was shared with the other boardwalk resorts, no problem for us.

Today is our 37th wedding anniversary, we always liked to go to WDW to celebrate as close to the date as we can. This was the first time we tied VB to the trip and I'm spoiled. Our next combo trip is in August, 3 nights BWV and 2 VB!

Thanks for reading. I hope I get the comment card, I've lots of good things to tell DVC!!

Bobbi :flower:

PS. Our guide left a message at home before we left, congratulating us on our GG picture in the VM. We've been very pleased with her service and friendliness. Her name is Michelle. We haven't bought all of our points direct from her, and her manner toward us hasn't suffered a bit.

Glad you had such a great trip. We were at the 5 something B J Thomas concert too on Thursday night and thought it was great!

Your trip to Vero sounds wonderful. Love to do the turtle walk.

Bobbi,

Great report!!! Glad you had a good trip!!!

Ms. Sparrow aka Allison

Why Thank you!!! DH is out mowing our lawn! :love2:

I came into the computer just to see how much it costs to rent a GV for our 40th!!!(88 points for weekdays)

Bobbi :flower:

Thanks for the report. Sounds like a great trip.

And Congratulations!!!!!!! :cool1: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter