Memorial Weekend

luulu1999

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone, I have been to DL several times but never DW well in May we decided to take a cruise we leave memorial day from Miami, so I was thinking about going down the Friday before and do 2 days sat and sun at disneyworld...will it be totally insanse memorial weekend??? And if it wont be horrible what parks should we do, im thinking for sure magic kingdom but dont know the other day...my kids are 11 and 12

We always go the week before Memorial Day, we typically leave on that Memorial day Monday, and typically around Thursday on that week, the crowds star picking up, and yes... the weekend of the holiday is very crowded. But, that being said, if that's the only time you can go, just plan for it and do your best!
One word of caution.... go as early as you can because there are phases of closures that have happened on that weekend.

We always go the week before Memorial Day, we typically leave on that Memorial day Monday, and typically around Thursday on that week, the crowds star picking up, and yes... the weekend of the holiday is very crowded. But, that being said, if that's the only time you can go, just plan for it and do your best!
One word of caution.... go as early as you can because there are phases of closures that have happened on that weekend.

Thanks that is kind of making me think we will just go another time lol, what about Universial is it about the same? Do you know?

If you have never been to WDW I would go. It will be busy but if you go early you should be able to get some stuff done.At 11-12 your kids would really enjoy AK and HS. There are more “big kid rides” that appealed to my kids at that age. I really recommend AK because all the rides would be new for you. I don’t think any of them are at DL (although dinosaur is on the same track as Indiana Jones) and HS also has a lot of shows and rides that DL does not. I know it’s not classic magic Kingdom and Cinderella’s castle is far more impressive than sleeping beauty’s, but the park is VERY similar to the one in Cali., so it wouldn’t be “new” And that park would be the busiest. We did 2 days once at Universal, pre cruise, and it fit nicely, but didn’t really care for it. Been there, done that, won’t be back.

We did 2 days after a cruise in 2018 over Memorial Day weekend. We were in AK on Sunday and MK on Monday. It was busy, but not unbearable. Honestly, I couldn't tell that much of a difference in crowd from other times we've gone earlier in May or later in June. We were able to ride both Avatar rides, and were even able to ride Expedition Everest 4 times in a row Sunday evening. The most crowded time that I remember was during the fireworks at MK on Monday, but again, it wasn't unbearable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter