Memories vs Escape - guest list problems

JuneBugFL

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever done a Memories package for the ceremony but still added on a catered event and fireworks dessert party? We were planning for an Escape package with these add-ons (still too far out to book), but the guest list is getting up there. As Floridians we anticipate almost all of our guest list to attend. Would it be weird to do a Memories package with just the ceremony as us and our parents, and then invite everyone else to the reception and dessert party? We were hoping for Luau Pointe, which is listed as a venue for both packages, and then brunch at either California Grill or Top of the World Lounge and then Happily Ever After at Sago Cay. Thanks!

Edit: Just went over the FAQ for the Memories Collection on the DFTW site. It says:

Q: Can I add to or change the inclusive elements of the Memories Collection?

A: The elements of the Collection cannot be changed or substituted, but you will have the chance to enhance certain Floral and Photography elements! Please note that Entertainment elements (Cinderella's Coach, characters, premium transportation, etc.) and Food & Beverage elements (cake, private catered meal, etc.) cannot be arranged with a Memories Collection event. If you are interested in these enhancements, please visit the Escape and Wishes Collection sections of the website.

Does this mean I would have to go through Meetings and Events to plan the brunch and fireworks party? And can we still swap the Disney photog time for the resort shoot? We definitely cannot afford a Wishes event!

Last edited:
If most of your guests are local, they may not mind missing out on the ceremony and only attending the reception. But those who have to travel might be miffed to miss the main event.

Disney will let you add a catered event to the Memories Collection now, but there are certain minimums you have to meet more details are here: https://fairytaleweddingsguide.com/dessert-party-how-to/

Oh, and Disney has never let Memories couples swap the included photography for another type of shoot—only Escape couples.

Thanks Lurky! It's been hard trying to throw ideas around when we're still so far from being able to call.

Thanks Lurky! It's been hard trying to throw ideas around when we're still so far from being able to call.

I hear ya! This is a great time to ask these kinds of questions, though, because then you'll know exactly what you want when you are able to book. :thumbsup2

I had read in another post that they were quietly letting Escape brides have 25 - is that including the couple or would the couple make 27? I'm thinking if we offer in room babysitting for the ceremony to limit the list to no kids for that part we would be ok even with a 100% response rate.

I had read in another post that they were quietly letting Escape brides have 25 - is that including the couple or would the couple make 27? I'm thinking if we offer in room babysitting for the ceremony to limit the list to no kids for that part we would be ok even with a 100% response rate.

That's including the couple, and if you ask them about it when you first call, they will say it's not a thing. There's some behind-the-scenes wrangling going on over it at the moment...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!