Memory maker and solo travelers

bigfatdan

Earning My Ears
Do any of you solo travelers ever get the memory maker package? It's a little expensive and I'm debating on if it's worth the cost. I'm not a big ride fan so it would mostly be characters and the park. Any opinions will be helpful. Thanks!

Do any of you solo travelers ever get the memory maker package? It's a little expensive and I'm debating on if it's worth the cost. I'm not a big ride fan so it would mostly be characters and the park. Any opinions will be helpful. Thanks!

I plan to for my next trip. At $15-$21 a photo when bought individually, it's easy to see how you could get value. Plus, it includes Magic Shots in addition, so that is useful. There is a one day package you can buy at the parks, but you will be better off with the $169 package if you don't know a specific park/day you want.

I wasn’t planning on getting it but I upgraded to an annual pass and so it was included. I got WAY more use out of it than I expected. Personally, I hate bugging the CM to take a picture with my phone, so probably would’ve just skipped a lot of pictures without it.

Thanks! I'm going to be there for 6 days and I was thinking it might be a lot more useful than I was expecting. I'm going to go for it. I appreciate the answers!

I have been debating this, but after just being on a cruise and seeing how much it cost my roommate and I for 20 photos (almost the same price per person as photopass), I am going to purchase it. I just have to wait another week.

For my last solo trip, I used it quite a bit. I am not much for the rides anymore, but wanted to re-capture previous trips when DS was little and DH was alive. I did character meals and pics with characters. Since I was solo, I could do a photo safari and memory maker helped to capture some of that nostalgia instead of the park commando ride style touring of the past. I also found it great during Halloween and Christmas parties to get magic shot available only on those nights.

It’s worth it to me. I take lots of photos on my phone, get photos from memory maker and make photo books when I get home.

I guess it all depends on if it matters to you.

I'll barely use it if it's included in an annual pass but I don't value the service that much. I prefer to take lots of pictures when visiting the parks with friends, but when I'm by myself, I keep it pretty low key and also don't post about it on social media. Or I'll just take phone selfies. For some reason, I've always objected to paying inflated prices for photos (so the savings off the a la carte price isn't a factor here).

Then again, I have a friend who learned about the service and was very excited about using it on his next trip. He likes to take lots of photos and enjoys the idea that someone with a professional camera can capture key moments. He also likes character greetings (which I'll skip on a solo trip), and I think this enhances that experience as well. The Disney photographers are also great at creating magical shots -- where the photo is augmented with additional fun characters or action overlaid.

So the unhelpful advice is that it definitely depends.

I plan on getting it for my upcoming solo trip. This is probably the only time I'll get there solo and I would like to have some decent pictures of the experience. I'm terrible at selfies and would feel weird asking people to take pictures with my phone.

I just got back from a solo trip 7/3-7/7 with three park days and took 231 pictures with memory maker. I’d totally recommend it if you’re meeting a bunch of characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!