Memory Maker for a group

amandolin

Mouseketeer
Hello,
I'll be going to WDW in a couple weeks and I've been considering purchasing Memory Maker. I'm going with a bunch of my family. My question is if I buy it but I'm not with everyone at all times in the park, if they have a picture taken will it load to my memory maker?

Another question I have is how do you find these people to take the photos? Are they easily identifiable? Is there usually a line??

As long as they are all connected to you as your Family and friends in My Disney Experience (MDE). They must also make sure they give you permissions for their photos.

Photographers are easily identifiable (all in the same vests) and there are usually lines at the park icons and sometimes short/ no lines in various other places. They are also stationed at many (not all) character meet n greets and some dinners. They are also at Disney Springs and at the water parks in the summer.

Another way to do it is to have everyone else use a photopass card (get one directly from the photographer). DO NOT use wristbands...just the cards (Your kids and spouse can use wristbands, but everyone else needs to use cards) . Then when your trip is over, everyone gives you the numbers from the back of the cards and you enter them into your photopass account.

Things to know about this method:

1. You need the card numbers or the photos are useless... we take pictures of our cards when we get them, and that way if we lose a card, we still have the number and can just get another card.

2. You only have a limited amount of time to retrieve your photos, so people need to get you the card numbers ASAP so you can retrieve and download the photos.

3. This does not work if they use wristbands. They must use cards from the photographer. If they use wristbands, they must link their bands to your account and give you permissions as previous poster stated.

Additional tips:
1. If you purchase Memory Maker, and you see a photographer with a short line or no line at all....STOP AND TAKE A PICTURE. Otherwise it is a waste of money. And do family shots, parent shots, and individual shots...Especially with characters. Remember...you are paying for this!

2. Ask if the photographer can do "magical" photo shots...they are really cool and add characters into your pictures. They add different characters and poses at each park. Last time I was there, they could not do them if it was dark.

Last edited:
Another way to do it is to have everyone else use a photopass card (get one directly from the photographer). DO NOT use wristbands...just the cards (Your kids and spouse can use wristbands, but everyone else needs to use cards) . Then when your trip is over, everyone gives you the numbers from the back of the cards and you enter them into your photopass account.

Yes, this is an alternate method.

But really, connecting everyone on My Disney Experience is very easy. And so much more magical to use the magic band (everyone who has traveled with me loves it). Also, you can check the app to see the photos - they often load almost immediately...at worst within a few hours. I had a group of 8 and we took so.many.photos (985 if you can believe it!) over the 2 weeks we were there (yes, we were crazy). We downloaded them individually over our phones with no issues (although my phone doesn't have a lot of storage so screenshots were easier for me).

It was really nice to have access to our photos immediately.

Normally, I am part of memory maker shares and we are much, much more cautious and I don't get my photos until nearly a month later.

We had friends/relatives staying off property, and just visiting for one day, so they could not use this method...
Also, they did not have MDE accounts.

Thanks everybody! I'm getting really excited.

I cant wait to see the Magic Shots!! So I just have to ask for them??

Yes, I just ask every photographer, "do you do magic shots?"

I also found many photographers are adding some magic shots without even telling you. I have many pics with Tinkerbell added, several with video magic shots added, etc etc.

We had friends/relatives staying off property, and just visiting for one day, so they could not use this method...
Also, they did not have MDE accounts.
Still possible to use Memory Maker! My family stayed off-property and only had ticket cards, no MB. I had to link everyone in MDE for ADR/FP+ purposes, so I got the confirmation numbers from their tickets and made them Friends and Family to make all the reservations. We visited every photographer we could find, and as long as Mom and Friends scanned their Ticket Card, their photos popped up on our MDE account and we could download for them. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter