Men.... what do you want for Christmas. Some of you are difficult to buy for...

Get him something awsome like a gomboy folding saw. They'll cut down anything from a tree to whatever else needs cutting. Or a cool pocket knife. My spouse loves getting a case of random wine. I go to a local wine place and spend over an hour choosing new unusal wines. I print out descriptions and reviews and he'll take a whole year to try them all.

:thumbsup2That can be a gift in itself. Our library system no longer charges for membership but some do. I gave my BIL a library card (to his local system) and showed him how to access the on-line catalog and download e-books a couple of years ago. It was a hit!!

I introduced my husband to the world of ebooks this summer, from Amazon to kobo, Bookbub for free and on sale books and of course the library for free ebooks and audiobooks (ours uses Libby) and the bonus of Kanopy for movies and the Great Courses Plus.

My husband is also incredibly difficult to shop for (though he thinks he isn't :rolleyes:), so I actually had to ask him before I bought him his Christmas gift this year. This it out of the price range but I'll throw it out there anyway, he enjoys Star Wars but also enjoys cooking, so I got him the Darth Vader Insta-Pot from Willaims-Sonoma along with a Gryffindor spatula (but they do have other Star Wars items within the price range).

Other options, TeePublic or any of those t-shirt websites might be great to pick up a tee or two that are a little bit different than the common ones you find in store, and they range every possible fandom, which is super helpful.

For the music part, depending on the music, that could be an easy instrument (ukulele, flute, harmonica) along with books on learning to play or sheet music. Otherwise you can find some really nice music related t-shirts on TeePublic/RedBubble/TeeFury.

Coffee, I'd say you can get him some beans from a really nice coffee shop; or look out of state. One of my husband's cousins love when we pass along his old fav from Blue Bottle or Philz, but you can stick to local spots (I only shared those because they are the ones most requested when we visit or have visitors). I'll throw out a mention for Joffrey's since they carry Disney blends along with their own blends. Another option could be a coffee subscription box as well.

I introduced my husband to the world of ebooks this summer, from Amazon to kobo, Bookbub for free and on sale books and of course the library for free ebooks and audiobooks (ours uses Libby) and the bonus of Kanopy for movies and the Great Courses Plus.
I've never got Libby up and going, I'm still using the Overdrive platform. Is it tricky to transition to Libby?

I've never got Libby up and going, I'm still using the Overdrive platform. Is it tricky to transition to Libby?

I keep both Libby and Overdrive on my phone, Libby has been great in the past for my audiobooks. I still primarily go to Overdrive because of the wishlist feature so that I can quickly borrow a book. I just did a quick check and it seems Libby still doesn't have that feature, though I could be wrong. The transition is fine unless you're dependent on your wishlist (though maybe the original poster can speak about that if it has changed).

I had no trouble making the transition, quick and easy to just sign in using my library login. I don't know about a wishlist feature (but since I also still have Overdrive on my phone I'll probably be checking that out!

My husband is terribly difficult to buy for. We are only buying each other one gift under $50. (We are spending $ on a Disney trip early next year) Also we exchanged names and my sister needs ideas too, she has to buy for my husband. Trying to not buy a gift card.
He has plenty of stuff for his favorite football team. Only hobby is fishing occasionally. Is a firefighter. Likes: Star Wars and action movies, coffee, music. Any ideas.

We're doing something similar. DW and I agreed to cap spending at $30.

I can tell you from the perspective of a guy, most of us don't like getting gifts. Yes, we are hard to shop for. Ask what he may want. If he likes coffee, then just buy $50 of his favorite varieties and call it a day. I very much wish DW would just get me nothing, I truly don't want any gifts. But I feel like a schmuk saying it.

My husband is terribly difficult to buy for. We are only buying each other one gift under $50. (We are spending $ on a Disney trip early next year) Also we exchanged names and my sister needs ideas too, she has to buy for my husband. Trying to not buy a gift card.
He has plenty of stuff for his favorite football team. Only hobby is fishing occasionally. Is a firefighter. Likes: Star Wars and action movies, coffee, music. Any ideas.

What about a YETI coffee mug with a decal on it ? I got a Navy 20 oz. and put the Millienium Falcon svg from Etsy that said punch it chewie. The reason I didn't do the cofffee mug is because i bought one last year them and it is too big for cupholder. You could add the giftee's favorite coffee I would not put a nameor monogram on the mug if it is for a man-just my personal preference.

I'm happy with literally anything. DW says that makes me hard to buy for. :confused3 So now I put together a list on Amazon and just text it to whomever wants to know what I want. This year I've got a book (the new Grisham--he's a guilty pleasure of mine), a fountain pen, some slippers, a sweatshirt, some kitchenware (a good Chef's knife, some baking sheets, etc.), and so on.

I also love gift cards. Some people think of them as impersonal, but about the only time I buy myself something frivolous is when I get a gift card.

Get thee to a Hallmark store! They have a pretty nice selection of Star wars stuff. My kids and I got my husband gifts there. Kids bought him an R2D2 coffee mug with a top that when you take it off, it makes R2D2 sounds. I got him a Growler to decorate his bar (he collects cool mugs and stuff to display) decorated to look like it's from the Mos Eisley Cantina as well as a set of 2 highball glasses with a domed bottom that is etched glass to look like the Death Star. They have lots of neat things like that.

Get thee to a Hallmark store! They have a pretty nice selection of Star wars stuff. My kids and I got my husband gifts there. Kids bought him an R2D2 coffee mug with a top that when you take it off, it makes R2D2 sounds. I got him a Growler to decorate his bar (he collects cool mugs and stuff to display) decorated to look like it's from the Mos Eisley Cantina as well as a set of 2 highball glasses with a domed bottom that is etched glass to look like the Death Star. They have lots of neat things like that.

This is a great suggestion, thank you. I never think to check out Hallmark stores. My father-in-law is impossible. I got him a droid towel from Disneyland and some hot sauce but we are desperate for some more items to round out an actual gift.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter