Menu Change at Storybook Dining already?

I'm not pleased with the changes, but I also just realized that the appetizers and desserts are shared, so you get one of each to share?

I think the term "shared" appetizers and desserts is somewhat misleading. Each person is brought their own serving of each appetizer and dessert. When I went in January, they brought out four of the hunter pies, small servings of the soup and the same for each of the desserts. The shrimp appetizer was in a glass jar or something (cannot remember exactly what), but there was one large shrimp for each person. So everyone gets a serving of each, rather than one serving of each to be shared by multiple tables.

We were just there Thursday night for the first time. The apps were mushroom soup ( yumm) for all 6, shrimp in a jar only 1 large shrimp for each person, and a chicken sausage, cracker, fruit jam plate. Nice , different flavors to start meal.
4 true adults- prime rib, pork shank,and seafood stew, 2 Disney adults- roasted chicken, kids liked. Were not crazy about side dish. The seafood stew was more like a different take on jambalaya. Shrimp, mussels, small scallops in red sauce with rice. Delicious. Dessert was gooseberry pie. Aka apple crisp like flavor. Sweet red apple with cream cheese like filling and miners ?? Crushed choc cookies, yummy filling and candy pieces. Atmosphere was terrific. Much quieter than other character meals. Any other ??

Thanks for the recent review! Looking forward to this in July (hope the mushroom soup is still in season in July).

I *JUST* snagged a reservation for this Easter weekend, as I'm late to the game and was looking for something fun to do during a NO Disney park trip where we are staying at Saratoga Springs. I actually like the idea of the mushroom soup much better. I'm also hoping that, even though my kids are "adults", we can switch out some of the apps for "kid" apps for them since they are picky. I haven't told my family at all about this fun little meal surprise.

You might have snagged the one I just cancelled :rotfl:

I was on the fence about this one to begin with, but the switch from squash soup to mushroom soup put me over the edge. We decided to opt for something else.

Ugh, I am so disappointed. I have this planned for my birthday supper in June, and I don't eat mushrooms. Any ideas if they have a substitute soup for people who are allergic? I would maybe feign a food allergy if it meant there was a substitute. :duck:

We were just there Thursday night for the first time. The apps were mushroom soup ( yumm) for all 6, shrimp in a jar only 1 large shrimp for each person, and a chicken sausage, cracker, fruit jam plate. Nice , different flavors to start meal.
4 true adults- prime rib, pork shank,and seafood stew, 2 Disney adults- roasted chicken, kids liked. Were not crazy about side dish. The seafood stew was more like a different take on jambalaya. Shrimp, mussels, small scallops in red sauce with rice. Delicious. Dessert was gooseberry pie. Aka apple crisp like flavor. Sweet red apple with cream cheese like filling and miners ?? Crushed choc cookies, yummy filling and candy pieces. Atmosphere was terrific. Much quieter than other character meals. Any other ??

Thank you for the review I'm looking forward to my reservation this month now. How was the pork entree?

O
Ugh, I am so disappointed. I have this planned for my birthday supper in June, and I don't eat mushrooms. Any ideas if they have a substitute soup for people who are allergic? I would maybe feign a food allergy if it meant there was a substitute. :duck:
Ok, calm down. You are fretting over a few tablespoons of soup and, yes, they will substitute another item. You just need to put a note with your ADR. If they don't verify your request at the restaurant, just tell your server.

For all the faults with Disney dining, dealing with allergies and other dietary restrictions is something they do better than just about any other organization. At the very least, they can offer 2 of the same appetizers instead of the soup. But they do have other backup options.

They do have alternatives available, even better would be to contact the special dietary needs line in advance. Also you can ask for more of any of the appetizers.

It is the third entree (A Walk through Nature, I think) listed on the new menu posted on page one of this thread.

Gnocchi is usually made of potatoes, a pillowy little oval of dumpling-like deliciousness.
Thank you - I missed it on the quick read. I'll be there on Saturday night, and we are really looking forward to it.

Love gnocchi - both the potato and ricotta varieties.

O

Ok, calm down. You are fretting over a few tablespoons of soup and, yes, they will substitute another item. You just need to put a note with your ADR. If they don't verify your request at the restaurant, just tell your server.

For all the faults with Disney dining, dealing with allergies and other dietary restrictions is something they do better than just about any other organization. At the very least, they can offer 2 of the same appetizers instead of the soup. But they do have other backup options.
Sea World actually does a slightly better job, especially for nonstandard dietary issues like this, but Disney still does a good job.

I have always wanted to try the mushroom soup, yum! Hope it is still on the menu in early September. Thanks for the menu pic. And my husband is going to be amped about the pork shank change. He thought the veal looked good but cannot bring himself to eat veal - I know what he will be ordering now!

Last edited:
I’m going to try for an ADR here for our late nov/early dec trip. I’m hoping they’re back to the “original” menu by then. Either way I’m sure a couple of my kids will complain about the food but I’m super psyched, doing this one for me, they’ll just have to deal, lol

I’m going to try for an ADR here for our late nov/early dec trip. I’m hoping they’re back to the “original” menu by then. Either way I’m sure a couple of my kids will complain about the food but I’m super psyched, doing this one for me, they’ll just have to deal, lol
I would imagine the menu will change again by then, but be different than the original as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter