Menu Change at Storybook Dining already?

We just booked our resort and are late in the game. I would love to get a reservation here for my daughter’s 17th birthday, but it’s not looking too likely. Enjoying the thread anyway!

What are some of the appetizer substitutions? I am going in June with my 2 toddlers and my dad. I know none of use will eat the shrimp cocktail or the mushroom soup. I read the kids get a veggie plate with a small bread and jar to make butter. Is this still the case? Will they bring those for the adults too of requests instead of the shrimp and mushroom options?

Can you please report back what you find out re: adults being able to get the kids appetizer? I went in January and just did not eat the appetizers. I just never even thought to ask for something else since the person with me was happy to eat them all. But I will be alone my next time :) Thanks!

Booked this for my DD's 12th birthday. Last time I booked, I wound up cancelling. She's a pescatarian and loves seafood. It looks like the seafood dish is gone? Is the bashful fish still flavorless or have they amped it up?

Can you please report back what you find out re: adults being able to get the kids appetizer? I went in January and just did not eat the appetizers. I just never even thought to ask for something else since the person with me was happy to eat them all. But I will be alone my next time :) Thanks!

So we did this dining experience on 6/1. We did swap out the shrimp cocktail for some veggie spring rolls. The hunters app was good, and my dad tried the mushroom soup. Neither of us like mushrooms so he took one for the team. He said it was good. I tried it but I couldn't get through it mentally. The waitress was very accommodating with swapping out the shrimps. We both then had the prime rib which was good. The mashed potatoes were great. My 1 and 3 year olds got the pasta to share. Overall this was a good choice.

ETA some pictures of the veggie app substitute, the kids app, and the prime rib.

Attachments

• 20190601_165821.jpg
    20190601_165821.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 20190601_165349.jpg
    20190601_165349.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 20190601_171802.jpg
    20190601_171802.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

It's not a life threatening allergy. His lip swells up - a lot and is very uncomfortable. Usually if he thinks there may be strawberry in something he just doesn't eat it. It's not like a nut allergy where some can not even be in the same room with nuts.

So - do you actually have an answer to my question?
Lip swelling can lead to other swelling which could become life threatening one day. It would be best to note the allergy. Its gooseberries so unknown if strawberry is included

We just booked our resort and are late in the game. I would love to get a reservation here for my daughter’s 17th birthday, but it’s not looking too likely. Enjoying the thread anyway!

When we went (during a somewhat busy time), there were reservations available the morning of our late reservation. We ended up easily switching to an earlier time. So, keep checking (even the day of!).

It's never too late or too unlikely.
Keep checking, set up a search on Touring Plans.
I'm fairly certain you can get one.

Well, I'm not a fan of any of the appetizers now which is really disappointing. I loved 2 of the 3 originals. But I'm not going again until August so I'm hoping for another seasonal change by then.
Me too. A few in our group don’t do seafood or mushrooms!

Is the mushroom soup the same mushroom bisque that Artist Point used to have? That was such an amazing soup! Of course, the original AP would serve you a HUGE bowl for like $10, or something around that. And give you AP/TiW discount on top of that...

Any other recent reviews? Anyone had the fish recently?

Is the mushroom soup the same mushroom bisque that Artist Point used to have? That was such an amazing soup! Of course, the original AP would serve you a HUGE bowl for like $10, or something around that. And give you AP/TiW discount on top of that...

Any other recent reviews? Anyone had the fish recently?

They still serve the original mushroom soup at Territory Lounge next door, along with the cobbler. I just usually go there and get those two along with a drink!

I've heard that if you're on the dining plan then you could possibly get 2 drinks, does anyone know if that's true? I've heard that since the per person price already includes an alcoholic beverage as does the DDP so some servers allow 2 with out an extra charge.

I've heard that if you're on the dining plan then you could possibly get 2 drinks, does anyone know if that's true? I've heard that since the per person price already includes an alcoholic beverage as does the DDP so some servers allow 2 with out an extra charge.

This was not true when we went last year. Maybe it was a one-off server breaking the rules to get a better tip but it is certainly not the policy. I ordered a second drink and paid out of pocket for it.

The per person price includes a non-alcoholic drink, I believe. So, in our experience, getting an alcoholic and a soda/tea/coffee at character meals was usually possible.

So we did this dining experience on 6/1. We did swap out the shrimp cocktail for some veggie spring rolls. The hunters app was good, and my dad tried the mushroom soup. Neither of us like mushrooms so he took one for the team. He said it was good. I tried it but I couldn't get through it mentally. The waitress was very accommodating with swapping out the shrimps. We both then had the prime rib which was good. The mashed potatoes were great. My 1 and 3 year olds got the pasta to share. Overall this was a good choice.

ETA some pictures of the veggie app substitute, the kids app, and the prime rib.
Thanks for the pics - I would be totally happy with the kids app. I also had the prime rib my first visit and it was fantastic. And that pastry puff thing? YUM!

The per person price includes a non-alcoholic drink, I believe. So, in our experience, getting an alcoholic and a soda/tea/coffee at character meals was usually possible.

This is what I experienced. I was able to get an Evil to the Core and a Coke.

Well, as long as the entrees stay the same, those prime rib pictures looked so good and had good reviews-and the drinks that emit smoke and change colors! We have ressies for September 8, and looking forward to going!
The prime rib dinner does look fantastic, i hope it tastes as good as it looks. I also have reservation for september 8th!

The prime rib dinner does look fantastic, i hope it tastes as good as it looks. I also have reservation for september 8th!

My Boyfriend and I went in April. We both had the Prime Rib and It was sooo good. I'm not a big steak person but this was a great steak. My Boyfriend is a steak person and it was his favorite meal our whole trip. It was his 1st trip to Disney and he said that Disney was trying to make him live there with this meal lol.

I hope it's still there when you go. Enjoy.
20190426_193159.jpg

Attachments

• 20190426_193159.jpg
    20190426_193159.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 0
My Boyfriend and I went in April. We both had the Prime Rib and It was sooo good. I'm not a big steak person but this was a great steak. My Boyfriend is a steak person and it was his favorite meal our whole trip. It was his 1st trip to Disney and he said that Disney was trying to make him live there with this meal lol.

I hope it's still there when you go. Enjoy.
View attachment 416718
This is what most of us got when we went on July 1st. It was absolutely delicious! Everything was good, except I didn't really care for the shrimp appetizer thing. We were mainly going for the characters, but the food was great.

I made reservations 180 days out, but ended up changing my plans last minute. I cancelled my original ones and was able to snag reservations for a different day, a few days ahead of time. I found several times available while we were at WDW, so just keep checking!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter