Menus not updated??

LuvinTheWorld

Earning My Ears
I planned our TS meals by checking menus and calculating prices. CRT says $84 per adult for dinner, but when I go to book it is charging me $103 per adult. For 7 people that is over $130 extra before tax and tip. I spent hours planning out how much we would need for food, and now I find out I may be wrong by hundreds of dollars with 8-10 TS meals if all of the menus are this off. Are all the menus wrong?

I planned our TS meals by checking menus and calculating prices. CRT says $84 per adult for dinner, but when I go to book it is charging me $103 per adult. For 7 people that is over $130 extra before tax and tip. I spent hours planning out how much we would need for food, and now I find out I may be wrong by hundreds of dollars with 8-10 TS meals if all of the menus are this off. Are all the menus wrong?
Cinderella's Royal Table does add/include taxes and a pre-paid tip (I believe at 18% or so), so that could be the difference you are seeing, as noted by @DanceDisney23 It does make it easy to just get up and go when the meal is done :)

I’ve found the pricing on the online menus to be pretty accurate. Your other calculations should be correct once you factor in tax (and presumably tip if you’re eating at Table Service). I agree with others that tax and tip are already included in your $103 charge for CRT, hence the difference.

The 84 is the base price 102 includes tax and gratuity.

For 4 people the base is 336.00($84*4)
Total all in $411.16($102.79*4).

The website is misleading because it states that tax and gratuity is not included in the 102 price but it clearly is.

View attachment 835497

View attachment 835494
OK, that is exactly it. I only saw the part similar to your top pic that says "tax and gratuity not included". I guess the breakdown showing that it is must be on the checkout page? Very relieved that this is the case!

I really wish that they made the fact that the gratuity is included when you pay at booking CRT. My mom and I sat there for a good 10 minutes when we were done eating trying to figure out if we needed to tip. We even leaned over and asked the mother and daughter next to us and she had no clue either. It took a google search, which wasn't very clear either, to figure out that the tip was indeed included and we could just leave when we were ready.

With pre-paid meals like CRT, it doesn't account for discounts you may have such as AP or DVC. You have to remember to bring up that point with your server, and then they'll post a credit to your credit card for the discount amount.

When booking CRT, the confirmation email does show an itemization with tax and gratuity. When I recently booked for 2 adults:
CRT_confirmation_email.png

With pre-paid meals like CRT, it doesn't account for discounts you may have such as AP or DVC. You have to remember to bring up that point with your server, and then they'll post a credit to your credit card for the discount amount.

When booking CRT, the confirmation email does show an itemization with tax and gratuity. When I recently booked for 2 adults:
View attachment 835862
I got an AP discount when purchasing Hoop Dee Do. It didn’t tell me I was getting a discount but the price was cheaper than it should’ve been.

I got an AP discount when purchasing Hoop Dee Do. It didn’t tell me I was getting a discount but the price was cheaper than it should’ve been.
Oh, interesting that it is different. I wonder why it applies the AP discount for HDD, but not CRT? Perhaps they want to make absolutely sure that the people dining at CRT are eligible for the discount? Or maybe they hope you'll forget to ask for it at CRT? :D

View attachment 835862
Doh! 🤦‍♀️ I totally forgot about using my AP discount !! I guess in the confusion about the gratuity it didn’t even cross my mind!! If I don’t get one automatically for HDD, I’ll mention it when we check in (I’m assuming)?

Doh! 🤦‍♀️ I totally forgot about using my AP discount !! I guess in the confusion about the gratuity it didn’t even cross my mind!! If I don’t get one automatically for HDD, I’ll mention it when we check in (I’m assuming)?
Yes, go to the customer service window to the left of Pioneer Hall before the show and they will issue a refund. I have done HDDR twice in past 10 months and didn’t receive AP discount when I booked/prepaid either time. In fact, just to check, I just made mock bookings for Cat 1 and Cat 2 and discount was not applied. Maybe it’s just me though, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter