MERCH?!?!

Special COVID/PANDEMIC/CLOSURE merchandise?

• Total voters

Can_Dannn

Mouseketeer
... think there will be special merchandise related to the pandemic/closure that will be available? Since DVC members get preview, will they have special merchandise?

I think they’ll have something.
“Reopened” pins and shirts
“We’re back” merchandise dates 2020

I'm just thinking, based on the tone of all of the communications it doesnt feel as though Disney is embracing this as a triumphant "we're back" rather a coordinated - "we're trying to be safe". I don't know if this would play well from a PR perspective if they splashed it everywhere. I understand the sale of masks but that is more functional than anything.

I do think anything that is released that IS dated and specifically released during this time, that is EXCLUSIVE to the parks, meaning you had to have attended during a pandemic and you had to have also been staying at a resort, received special park admission etc etc - that merch will be collectible.

There are already official Disney masks available through Shop Disney, but they aren't shipping until mid-July. I ordered a set of 4 because the price was good ($20 for the set), and the quality is better than my home made one. Here's the Star Wars set

Last time I checked, most of them were already sold out.

There are already official Disney masks available through Shop Disney, but they aren't shipping until mid-July. I ordered a set of 4 because the price was good ($20 for the set), and the quality is better than my home made one. Here's the Star Wars set

View attachment 497741

As of this morning, 103,000 deaths have been reported for the United States. Personally, I would find it to be a morbid capitalization. We're Back and Didn't Die June 22, 2020 is not a magical t-shirt.

As of this morning, 103,000 deaths have been reported for the United States. Personally, I would find it to be a morbid capitalization. We're Back and Didn't Die June 22, 2020 is not a magical t-shirt.

the covid pandemic did not only bring death. It brought people together more than ever; it shed light on infection control; it advanced science of medical care and vaccine development; it made people realize how much socialization is important to everyday routines; it advanced virtual technology......you can either focus on the bad parts of this, or be happy we are able to learn and grow from it. I can very confidently say that people value and appreciate places like Disney world more than ever before. I hope you can find some good in this time in your life.

Last time I checked, most of them were already sold out.
I ordered mine a while ago when the date was mid-July, now it says August 5th. I'm wondering if they are pre-selling out specific shipments from the supplier, and then the next scheduled shipment, and so on....?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!