Merchandise on Ships?

jtntx34

Mouseketeer
I’m going on my first DCL Cruise next month, and I’m wondering what kind of merchandise is available onboard. I’m trying to decide if I should go ahead and buy gifts online for Christmas at the Disney store or if I’d be better waiting until I board. Any specifics or pictures would be really helpful.

I’m going on my first DCL Cruise next month, and I’m wondering what kind of merchandise is available onboard. I’m trying to decide if I should go ahead and buy gifts online for Christmas at the Disney store or if I’d be better waiting until I board. Any specifics or pictures would be really helpful.

if you do a search for cruise line on the shop Disney homepage, you will get a sense of some of the things that are sold on the ship. There are things on the ship and on castaway that are not available online however. Scott's blog www.dclblog.com also has images of merchandise.

They have a 25% off promotion right now and that can still be combined with free shipping over $75. If you see something on the site then I’d definitely buy it now unless you have something specific in mind you really want to get on the ship or at Castaway (like a Castaway themed item while on the island - I get the added value of that).

Remember what you buy on board you have to carry off, and will need the room to pack it. And if it is fragile you aren't going to put it in your "checked" luggage they take the night before you debark.

They have a 25% off promotion right now and that can still be combined with free shipping over $75. If you see something on the site then I’d definitely buy it now unless you have something specific in mind you really want to get on the ship or at Castaway (like a Castaway themed item while on the island - I get the added value of that).
Remember what you buy on board you have to carry off, and will need the room to pack it. And if it is fragile you aren't going to put it in your "checked" luggage they take the night before you debark.

This is why I am trying to find out what exactly is on the ship. Is it worth waiting to buy? Same or different than what’s available shoreside? And how much room do I need to leave in my luggage?

If you buy on the ship, there is no tax to pay so there is that. The prices are normally the same as what you find at disneystore.com. There may be custom duties due if you go too wild but it's unlikely. The selection on the ship is wider than what is available online although it is possible there may an item available on one but not the other. You never can tell. You should leave as much room as you think you will need for your purchases, that is entirely for you to determine.

What the others said. I just want to point out again there is stuff on the ship that isn't online. There was a sweatshirt I wanted but they didn't have my size out so instead of asking I thought I'd just order online later...they don't have it online. :( I'm sure it will be all different stuff when we go next year but now I know not to wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!