Meredith & Chad, April 28 2018 Wishes, WP/GM Lounge/UK Lochside- WEDDING VIDEO

I would not want to invite people to the bridal shower that were not invited to the wedding either.
I am sorry you are having some issues planning the wedding with your mom. Was she on board with you having a Disney wedding? I hope it all goes smooth once you have your final $$ amount.
The Rolls is also beautiful. My daughter likes the Rolls too. She is actually not too picky about this.
I guess we will figure out the room block. I think there is a minimum and hopefully it will be met (I think I read somewhere that DVC nights go towards this also).

I think she was on board with me having a Disney wedding.. we've been going to Disney every year (sometimes twice a year) since I was 5 and my dad has always told everyone I would get married at Disney, so I wouldn't say it was a surprise. I've just stopped trying to talk about it at this point. I'm definitely a lot happier with the Rolls.. I never thought my dress really had a Princess feel anyway

I don't normally read the wedding boards but just your date just caught my eye. I'll be at Disney when you get married. I always love to see the brides.

I don't normally read the wedding boards but just your date just caught my eye. I'll be at Disney when you get married. I always love to see the brides.

It's coming up fast, isn't it?!?! I'm sooo excited! I'm jumping across property all day in my dress.. GF to Epcot then checking in at the YC, eating dinner at Beaches and Cream, and back to the U.K Pavilion for our dessert party. I'm getting my money out of that dress! :woohoo:So maybe we will run into you! :-)

74 Day Update!!

Ever since our 90 day mark time has been absolutely flying, :car: which is both good and bad. I'm (finally) back to being excited about the wedding (after the 90 day stress wore off), but I also feel like I have a gazillion things to do! And when you consider that 74 days is roughly just TEN WEEKS, it makes it seem even closer :scared:

So I left off with my 90 day phone call with my planner. I had my phone call with my florist as scheduled and it went pretty well! It took her another week or so to get me the updated proposal, but she was able to get the budget close to where I want to be without removing any of the main elements. Instead of removing things completely, she just cut back on the amount or type of floral,which I didn't even think about. For example, she cut the number of candles, aisle petals, and candelabras at the ceremony which greatly reduced the price. She was also able to cut the price of my garland centerpieces in half without cutting the length.. so they will still go to the floor.. at least that's what my BEO says, but I need to double check that.

Oh and my planner confirmed a black and white dance floor!!! This has always been in my vision, so it's a definite must even though it came back more expensive than I thought. I'm still waiting to hear if they can put the dance floor in the center with the tables around it. Apparently my planner has to talk with catering first, but I really hope it's possible!

The only thing I'm bummed about is my florist really thinks I need a greens package to soften the space.. which takes a HUGE chunk of the budget. But my planner told me a couple of days ago that she is looking into a topiary package that might be cheaper.. fingers crossed!!

I talked with Switzerworld (our videographer) and they are able to document our ride mix-in!! And they said they could come to our Epcot park shoot after our MK one! I'm sooo excited about our wedding video

I'll update more tomorrow!​

Last edited:

How exciting........everything is falling into place.

We make one or two trips a year to Disney and we see a wedding almost daily. Love, love looking at the Bride and Groom/family party. I feel their excitement. I can't wait for yours now :) - wish I was there to see you both even for a minute!

Almost 70 Day Update.. Continued!!!

I didn't have much time for an update last night, so I'll continue with some of the details we've been working out!! This is going to be a little choppy since most of the updates are small, unrelated details LOL

1. So we nixed the boxwood wall that was going behind our sweetheart table (saves us $4400!!) It would've looked AMAZING with our garden party theme.. but $4400 was wayyyy to much. So instead we are doing a high back sofa/loveseat thing for the sweetheart table and hopefully putting the sweetheart table in front of the floor to ceiling windows, so we can use Spaceship Earth as a "backdrop." Yay for saving money $$$ :teeth:

IMG_5460.PNG

There were some more interesting choices for a Settee, but this was one of the cheapest and I think keeping it simple will look nice. I've asked my florist about adding some pillows like below (not sure if I'm allowed to bring my own or if they have to supply them)... still waiting on a reply (no surprise there o_O)

FullSizeRender.jpg

Also found what our boxwood wall would've looked like (this is from a Disneyland wedding). It's beautiful, but for $4400 I'll settle for the $200 Settee :rolleyes:

IMG_5461.PNG

2. I'm strongly considering cutting Major Domo at this point. He is dressed up in regalia and brings the rings down the aisle in a glass slipper. He also announces the wedding party at the reception.. but we are having a DJ and no wedding party so this isn't really needed. We don't have a best man, so I like the idea of having Domo bring our rings, but I'm not sure if it's worth $950. Also, I feel like him and the carriage are kind of a pair. To me, it doesn't look right to have Domo and the Rolls Royce o_O

Here's a pic of him in case y'all haven't seen it:

Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 10.18.37 AM.png

I feel like my guests would be so confused by him LOL :rotfl:
Soooo now I am thinking about cutting him and Pluto ($950 + $600 = $1550) and having Rapunzel and Flynn Rider as a second character set instead :cheer2: I've been told they are the same price of a normal character set ($1795), so I could make this work with my cuts. Tangled is my absolute favorite Disney movie and I would love to have them there, but I'm worried my guests might be like "who are they?" Originally I was going to cut Domo and have a caricature artist instead, but I don't want my guests to be standing in line waiting the whole time instead of dancing. So, I guess I have another decision to make :confused:

3. We decided to go with a bill on consumption instead of package bar. Even with an estimate of 4 drinks per person at $10/drink we are still coming out cheaper than a paying the package price for everyone. And I think that estimate is very high for brunch, so hopefully we will get a good chunk of that ~$2,000 back.

4. I've also been thinking on some of the music selections. I'm strongly considering a combined parent dance (me and my dad and Chad and his mom). Us nor our parents are really dancers, so it will probably be less awkward this way, and I'll never get Chad to pick a song for their dance. I don't want a song that is too sappy.. I'm going for a little bit more upbeat, so here are the contenders:

Stand By Me by Ben E King
Sweet Pea by Amos Lee
In My Life by the Beatles
How Sweet It Is James Taylor

I love the lyrics of Landslide, but I'm worried it might be too slow.

5. I changed my mind about Chad's tie color.. I'm worried it's going to be too hard to match my dress color so I want to go with a darker color. I'm waiting on fabric samples, but I love this color:

IMG_5436.PNG

with maybe this pocket square?

IMG_5450.PNG

And I have to pick out my dad's outfit... I'm thinking he is going to wear a khaki/tan colored suit. He isn't one to wear any shade of pink or a white shirt, so I think I'm going to have him do a navy tie with a light blue shirt. My mom is wearing navy, so I'm thinking that would look best.

6. And FINALLY.. I'm rethinking my dessert party menu :eek: Right now its $40 per person, but I can save about $300 if I can get it down to $30 per person. I feel like I have wayyy to many desserts anyway, so I'm thinking about adding a couple of savory options like cheeseburger spring rolls and/or BBQ chicken sliders and then cutting a lot of the desserts. I love 'Ohana's bread pudding, but I've read that Epcot doesn't do a very good job recreating it, so I would cut that. I'd also cut the Eclairs, Baklava, and German Roulade, which leaves the Apple Pie Action Station (a must keep) and Cardamom Bundt Cakes (gotta have some chocolate). I think I want to add Bill on Consumption ice cream bars and maybe Mickey Rice Krispies (my favorite). My only issue is I know if I have 2 savory items, it's going to be probably more than $40 per person, but at the same time I think it might be weird to only have one savory item... or is that just me?

Next update... The Welcome Bags! (aka Something I Never Thought I Would Do):earseek:

How exciting........everything is falling into place.

We make one or two trips a year to Disney and we see a wedding almost daily. Love, love looking at the Bride and Groom/family party. I feel their excitement. I can't wait for yours now :) - wish I was there to see you both even for a minute!

Yep, when they say it all comes together at the right time they are right! Sometimes it's frustrating having to wait weeks for my planner and florist to get back to me on certain items, but I know they will take care of everything when it gets to that point.

I love seeing the weddings at Disney too! Riding past the WP on the monorail is my favorite :goodvibes I'm so excited for it to be here but at the same time I think I will miss the planning once it's all over :sad1: It's one of those things I've imagined all of my life.. I think I'll definitely have post Disney wedding blues :sad:

For sure!! Planning is always the best/sometimes stressful part!!! it will come and the day will go by so fast. Try to relax and savor each moment when it comes!! What a wonderful memory you are creating for this new chapter in your life!!!

Almost 70 Day Update.. Continued!!!

I didn't have much time for an update last night, so I'll continue with some of the details we've been working out!! This is going to be a little choppy since most of the updates are small, unrelated details LOL

1. So we nixed the boxwood wall that was going behind our sweetheart table (saves us $4400!!) It would've looked AMAZING with our garden party theme.. but $4400 was wayyyy to much. So instead we are doing a high back sofa/loveseat thing for the sweetheart table and hopefully putting the sweetheart table in front of the floor to ceiling windows, so we can use Spaceship Earth as a "backdrop." Yay for saving money $$$ :teeth:

View attachment 302370

There were some more interesting choices for a Settee, but this was one of the cheapest and I think keeping it simple will look nice. I've asked my florist about adding some pillows like below (not sure if I'm allowed to bring my own or if they have to supply them)... still waiting on a reply (no surprise there o_O)

View attachment 302371

Also found what our boxwood wall would've looked like (this is from a Disneyland wedding). It's beautiful, but for $4400 I'll settle for the $200 Settee :rolleyes:

View attachment 302381

2. I'm strongly considering cutting Major Domo at this point. He is dressed up in regalia and brings the rings down the aisle in a glass slipper. He also announces the wedding party at the reception.. but we are having a DJ and no wedding party so this isn't really needed. We don't have a best man, so I like the idea of having Domo bring our rings, but I'm not sure if it's worth $950. Also, I feel like him and the carriage are kind of a pair. To me, it doesn't look right to have Domo and the Rolls Royce o_O

Here's a pic of him in case y'all haven't seen it:

View attachment 302386

I feel like my guests would be so confused by him LOL :rotfl:
Soooo now I am thinking about cutting him and Pluto ($950 + $600 = $1550) and having Rapunzel and Flynn Rider as a second character set instead :cheer2: I've been told they are the same price of a normal character set ($1795), so I could make this work with my cuts. Tangled is my absolute favorite Disney movie and I would love to have them there, but I'm worried my guests might be like "who are they?" Originally I was going to cut Domo and have a caricature artist instead, but I don't want my guests to be standing in line waiting the whole time instead of dancing. So, I guess I have another decision to make :confused:

3. We decided to go with a bill on consumption instead of package bar. Even with an estimate of 4 drinks per person at $10/drink we are still coming out cheaper than a paying the package price for everyone. And I think that estimate is very high for brunch, so hopefully we will get a good chunk of that ~$2,000 back.

4. I've also been thinking on some of the music selections. I'm strongly considering a combined parent dance (me and my dad and Chad and his mom). Us nor our parents are really dancers, so it will probably be less awkward this way, and I'll never get Chad to pick a song for their dance. I don't want a song that is too sappy.. I'm going for a little bit more upbeat, so here are the contenders:

Stand By Me by Ben E King
Sweet Pea by Amos Lee
In My Life by the Beatles
How Sweet It Is James Taylor

I love the lyrics of Landslide, but I'm worried it might be too slow.

5. I changed my mind about Chad's tie color.. I'm worried it's going to be too hard to match my dress color so I want to go with a darker color. I'm waiting on fabric samples, but I love this color:

View attachment 302401

with maybe this pocket square?

View attachment 302402

And I have to pick out my dad's outfit... I'm thinking he is going to wear a khaki/tan colored suit. He isn't one to wear any shade of pink or a white shirt, so I think I'm going to have him do a navy tie with a light blue shirt. My mom is wearing navy, so I'm thinking that would look best.

6. And FINALLY.. I'm rethinking my dessert party menu :eek: Right now its $40 per person, but I can save about $300 if I can get it down to $30 per person. I feel like I have wayyy to many desserts anyway, so I'm thinking about adding a couple of savory options like cheeseburger spring rolls and/or BBQ chicken sliders and then cutting a lot of the desserts. I love 'Ohana's bread pudding, but I've read that Epcot doesn't do a very good job recreating it, so I would cut that. I'd also cut the Eclairs, Baklava, and German Roulade, which leaves the Apple Pie Action Station (a must keep) and Cardamom Bundt Cakes (gotta have some chocolate). I think I want to add Bill on Consumption ice cream bars and maybe Mickey Rice Krispies (my favorite). My only issue is I know if I have 2 savory items, it's going to be probably more than $40 per person, but at the same time I think it might be weird to only have one savory item... or is that just me?

Next update... The Welcome Bags! (aka Something I Never Thought I Would Do):earseek:

I missed this thread!! You are overwhelming me again lol. You saved a lot of money nixing the boxwood wall!!! They are providing the Settee, Yes? I want it to look pretty, good food - but don't think we will be adding any characters or Major Domo (at least, I don't think so). Oh and my dd loves Tangle too. She loves Alice in Wonderland and Tangle.

What do you see when you close your eyes? The Major Domo or Rapunzel and Flynn? I don't think you should consider what your guest will get and what not, I think these "little" things are for you, so they should match what you would prefer. I also like Rapunzel and Flynn (never met him!) and I really love "I see the light", I know for sure that song will be in our wedding, so that is a good choice. But if you like the Major Domo, I would cut it because he doesn't have a wedding party to announce, if he matches your image, he should be there! But I get where you're coming from with the Domo and carriage being a pair, they do finish each other.

Not sure if it's just me, but we're having snacks and mini-hamburger as one savoury midnight snack item. Ok, it's not a desert party, but I don't think it's that crazy (do you expect people to get both or do you want them to have a choice?), we also only give them one option (as by our locations advice)

I don't see Major Domo when I close my eyes.. I've honestly forgotten about him a couple of times :rotfl:so I think he is a safe cut. "I See the Light" is going to be played during our unity candle ceremony.. it makes me tear up every time I hear it! I don't know why I'm so worried about what my guests will like. I know it's "my" wedding day, but I want my guests to feel like they didn't waste their time coming to my wedding :confused3 I would rather have Rapunzel and Flynn than a caricature artist, but I know my guests would get more out of the caricature artist :sad1: or maybe I should just add 2 more well known characters?

I started thinking after my last update.. I think I've decided on a nacho bar as my "savory item" at the dessert party. It seems to get really good reviews and I think it would mesh better than having a bunch of desserts and some cheeseburger spring rolls.

I missed this thread!! You are overwhelming me again lol. You saved a lot of money nixing the boxwood wall!!! They are providing the Settee, Yes? I want it to look pretty, good food - but don't think we will be adding any characters or Major Domo (at least, I don't think so). Oh and my dd loves Tangle too. She loves Alice in Wonderland and Tangle.

Yes they Settee is coming from the same company that is providing my gold flatware.. so I don't have to pay another delivery fee. I really don't ever remember wanting Major Domo.. I just kind of figured he "went" with the carriage. Now that I don't have the carriage he definitely isn't in my vision anymore. I love Alice in Wonderland too!! That's kind of where the inspiration for my "garden party" wedding came from!

I don't think people will wonder why they came to the wedding because they don't know the characters, there is much more to it! In the overall flow, yes, consider you guests, but something like this, go with what will make you (and the groom ;)) happy, they won't know the other option unless you tell them and I'm sure nobody (without knowing the options) will say, I wish there was a caricature artist...

I really have to keep telling myself that my guests aren't going to know what I started with and ended up cutting or any of the other options for that matter. Thank you for reminding me of this :rolleyes:

Wow you have made some cuts! I like the bench idea next to the window! Hopefully there wont be a solar glare behind you. Totally worth the extra money on the black and white dance floor. It seems like it was a big part of your vision so cutting it would stink. I think cutting Domo and getting Flynn and Rapunzel would be fun. Two for the price of one! I am starting to feel your pain on floral. We just met with a florist yesterday. Two HOURS of ideas being thrown around! We are meeting with one more next week, but we really liked this lady last night.

Almost 45 Day Update

I apologize that I sort of fell off the face of the earth in the last month :rotfl:Things have gotten a little stressful as I panic that we are almost 45 days out and the weeks fly by faster than I can keep up with them!

I hate to say it, but I think I've finally reached the point in wedding planning where it's not fun anymore. Allllll the stress has caught up with me and I want to scream every time something new pops up that I have to make a decision about. Like our DJ emailed me over the weekend and asked for me to create our "must play" list and it just feels like another item I have to add to the to-do list :crazy2:

Plus I haven't received an updated BEO since the end of January.. so basically I have no idea if any of the numerous changes I've made have actually been applied. My planner promised to get me one by the end of the week, so we will see what happens. She did say she is busy with overnight filming of the new Freeform special.. which makes me think I don't have a good chance of getting an updated version before our 45 day call next week :sad1:

So basically all of the pieces are going to (hopefully) be put together between 45 and 30 days. Crossing my fingers that the next BEO I get doesn't have a bunch of contradictory info on it like the one (and only) I got in January. I'm honestly worried at this point that my wedding is going to be even remotely what I expect :(

PLUS I just went back to the bridal salon (that's 3.5 hours away) for what was supposed to be my last fitting and they didn't fix anything from the last fitting!! The bustle is still messed up (ribbons missing in the same place as last time), so now I have to make the drive for the 4th time at the end of March. I'm taking the dress that weekend even if it's not right. I'm becoming less confident that the seamstress can get the bustle where it doesn't tear holes in the dress (due to the weight of the train), so after even she suggested I change for the reception I made the leap and bought another gown for the reception and dessert party. It killed me to do so.. I feel like I'm betraying my dream dress, but I want to wear my ceremony dress for the park shoot and I don't want to worry about spills, holes, rips literally all day. I bought the dress on a pre owned wedding site for half of the original cost. And it's designer so I'm hoping I'll be able to sell it and get at least half of my money back.

IMG_5583.PNG

It fits our garden party reception theme sooo well with the flowers. Plus it's more lightweight than my current dress so I'll actually be able to dance! I'm hoping maybe I can wear this one for our Epcot photo shoot, but not sure if they will let me change.

Not much has changed regarding the wedding since last month. I did get an updated proposal from my florist and she was able to get me where I need to be budget wise without cutting too many of the elements I really wanted. I ended up cutting the aisle petals and candles so I could upgrade the aisle runner to gold glitter paint. Here's the proof I got today (sorry it's blurry!)

IMG_5585.PNG

I also decided to do assigned instead of opening seating.. so now I have to deal with escort cards which I really didn't want to do :sad2: but it's better than having a situation where couples get split up at different tables.

And I still can't decide on whether or not to keep Major Domo!! I feel like we need him to carry the rings since we aren't having a best man.. but he just doesn't fit with our theme at all really. And I could put that money towards a caricature artist which would serve as a wedding favor for my guests.

And now that I have a white reception dress I really want these costumes for Mickey and Minnie:

IMG_5557.PNG

Before I got another dress I was worried that my blush dress would clash with the red. My planner is going to hate me :rotfl:

I have a 45 day phone call with my planner next week, so I'll update on how that goes!

I'll also do a Welcome Bag update next!! I'm already regretting doing these.. but I will finish them dangit!!

Loving all your plans so far! And that dress is beautiful. It would look great with the Epcot flowers...I hope they let you wear it! As far as the Major Domo, I feel like the caricature artist is something your guests will enjoy more and will be able to take something home from the day. You could incorporate your parents somehow with the rings. My friends did a ring warming ceremony where the families came up and passed around the rings as they prayed/hoped for things in their marriage as they held them, then the parents handed them to their kids' significant other. I thought it was a unique touch since they didn't have a ring bearer or best man either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts