Merrytime Cruise Pj's

wdwfanX4

Disney Loving Momma
My parents went on the Merrytime Cruise last year and said one night a lot of families came down in their pj's. I've tried researching but can't seem to find anything about this. Is there a pj night like pirate night?

My guess would be several families who think it's "cute" to do holiday card pictures in matchy-matchy pajamas (thank you Mom and Daddy for NEVER making us match - allowing us to be our unique selves!!!) and figured it was a good time to get it done with a "professional" (intentionally in quotes) photographer.

We were on a Merrytime Cruise last December and we saw many families dressed in Christmas PJ"s getting their pictures taken with Characters, in front of the Christmas Tree, Gingerbread House., etc... We saw families dressed this way just about every might of the cruise (we were the 5 night repo from San Juan to Miami) I do not remember seeing anything in the Navigator announcing this activity - I think people decided to do it for Holiday pictures.

The families looked great in their PJ's and I wish I had thought of it :santa:

My parents went on the Merrytime Cruise last year and said one night a lot of families came down in their pj's. I've tried researching but can't seem to find anything about this. Is there a pj night like pirate night?
I've been on a Merrytime cruise & never saw anyone in their pjs.

I saw lots of pjs as well. One extended family changed into them right after dinner and not only did their Santa pictures in their pajamas, but every evening activity as well. Why not? It certainly shouldn't affect anyone else.

I never saw anyone at dinner in PJs on our Merrytime cruise. I did see a lot of families wearing matching PJs at specific Christmas activities or after dinner.

Uh oh. Is the great PJ debate about to rage again?

Oh I remember that girl. "I don't care. My friends and I like to be comfortable." after asking if it would be frowned upon and basically told "Yes. Wear CLOTHES."

LOL - Why does it not surprise me that there was a PJ debate??

For the record - No, I would not wear PJ's to dinner. :teeth:

LOL - Why does it not surprise me that there was a PJ debate??

For the record - No, I would not wear PJ's to dinner. :teeth:

Oh this one didn't start as a debate. She made the initial post sound like a legitimate question (well, as legitimate as "Would it be ok to wear pjs to dinner in the MDR?" can be...) but the moment she got a 100% NO response (and 100% is RARE on this board) she was all "Well, they are comfortable. And we are going to do it anyway. And I'd like to see them stop us." So then it turned into a debate.

Edit to add: The only time I would not totally fault someone for wearing pjs to a meal (well, I'd snicker and judge their lack of thinking/planning) would be debarkation breakfast if they forgot to put clothes out to wear home before putting their suitcases in the hall. At that point we should just be glad they DO wear pjs...

If OP saw many families in PJ's it could have been an arranged activity on their cruise meet group. Groups often coordinate with other families in their cruise grop for different activities like PJ night, Tiara Night, Roaring 20's night, etc. where all who wanted to would dress in the appropriate theme. Not a DCL activity but organized privately through the cruise group meet.

MJ

I have been on 3 Merrytime cruises and I have never seen this phenomenon. I plan to go this year and will make it a point to look for Pj families. :magnify: The only thing on the Navigator I have ever seen is Pluto’s Pajama Party. pluto: Usually on the last night of the cruise. Only for kids in the Oceaneers club.

Oh this one didn't start as a debate. She made the initial post sound like a legitimate question (well, as legitimate as "Would it be ok to wear pjs to dinner in the MDR?" can be...) but the moment she got a 100% NO response (and 100% is RARE on this board) she was all "Well, they are comfortable. And we are going to do it anyway. And I'd like to see them stop us." So then it turned into a debate.

Edit to add: The only time I would not totally fault someone for wearing pjs to a meal (well, I'd snicker and judge their lack of thinking/planning) would be debarkation breakfast if they forgot to put clothes out to wear home before putting their suitcases in the hall. At that point we should just be glad they DO wear pjs...
I can just see my husband in his nightshirt having breakfast.:rotfl2: Not that it would ever happen, we're too OCD in that regard.
There is a plan, however, for a PJ breakfast on our upcoming EBPC. Our group is encouraging everyone to wear Disney pjs on a specific morning.

There wasn't anything in the Navigators, but yes, we saw a number of families/large groups in matching holiday themed PJs from time to time. I was a part of our cruise group and this wasn't organized via that either. I don't know if I remember seeing them at dinner (but we had late seating so maybe they had the earlier one), but definitely some mornings at breakfast (both in Cabanas and Enchanted Garden), for some pictures with characters, and gingerbread house making.

Pluto's Pajama Party in the kids club kind of requires the kids to wear PJ's...and sometimes the activity is scheduled for 7:30. Going from dinner to it directly...your kids might be in PJ's at dinner to make that timeline work.

We had matching PJ's on our last Merrytime cruise, but we only wore it as a family for pictures with Santa. I saw some other families do that as well. But we did not wear them to dinner, nor did we see other families in PJ's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter