Merrytime Cruise Pj's

Christmas Eve last year, saw some families in PJs at the shows. It wasn't a distraction but agreed if you are going to do it for pictures after dinner was best.

My daughter always wears her PJs to the character breakfast. Since it's always on a sea day, she likes being lazy that morning. She also wore her pajamas to get her picture taken with Santa because we got up early so the line wouldn't be long. She has never worn them to dinner though.

I never saw anyone at dinner in PJs on our Merrytime cruise. I did see a lot of families wearing matching PJs at specific Christmas activities or after dinner.

We did a Merrytime cruise actually over Christmas, and whilst we saw many families wondering around in PJs in the evenings, we never saw any at dinner! That seems a bit much!

Christmas Eve last year, saw some families in PJs at the shows. It wasn't a distraction but agreed if you are going to do it for pictures after dinner was best.

On Christmas Eve last year, we went to the show, then second sitting of dinner, and then did after dinner pictures in regular clothes. We then went back to our cabin, changed into our matching PJs and went back down for more photos, mainly in the Atrium/staircase and the Christmas tree. We also got up really early Christmas Day morning and went down in our PJs to enjoy the festival delights and photos by the tree with Santa. After that we changed back. There were plenty of families in the Christmas Eve / Christmas Day morning photos queues dressed in matching Pjs. I guess the difference was, our cruise was on Christmas, so perhaps there were far more of us getting into the festive spirit?

DH and I stayed at the Poly for xmas eve-xmas day. Christmas morning we watched family after family (including 4 generations in one group) walking to breakfast in their matching Disney PJs. It was a hoot. Knowing DH and I have a Very Merry this year I found Mickey PJs (pants and top) on clearance at shop Disney and grabbed mine (DH won't - he's one of the never do it people). I would NOT to it at dinner time, but thought it might be fun to have breakfast in them. Will I do it.... who knows, I tend to get these ideas then chicken out. But I too will be on the lookout for dinner PJ diners.

Our family does matching Christmas pajamas every year (or every other year if we can get one more year out of last year's!) We brought this year's version on our Merrytime cruise and did wear the shirts with jeans for pictures. The PJ pants only got worn in the stateroom. :)

We did see several kids in pajamas to meet Santa, which was very cute.

My family went on a Merrytime Cruise in Dec 2017...there was one family who wore PJs EVERY NIGHT to dinner..that was a bit much.

But one night, they did storytime with Mrs. Claus and were actively encouraging people to come to the storytime in their PJs. We did this and our little one had a blast!

Pluto's Pajama Party in the kids club kind of requires the kids to wear PJ's...and sometimes the activity is scheduled for 7:30. Going from dinner to it directly...your kids might be in PJ's at dinner to make that timeline work.

My kids did this, because the location of our stateroom was so far from the MDR and kids club (and I didn't want to bring a bag of cloths with me to dinner either).
I didn't notice anyone snicker or give us dirty looks, but then again, I rarely notice others looking my direction, LOL. I certainly wouldn't suggest my entire family goto dinner in our PJs though :eek::laughing:

Ok guilty.... but by definition, our PJs were some red/black checkered knit stretchy pants and matching shirts, not robes and nigtgowns... ;) We did it, adults and all, on christmas morning. Went to breakfast and had pics in the lobby and with santa. It was fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter