Metal detector to check in at hotel?

That's not going to happen. All resort buildings have multiple entrances. Actually, all resorts have multiple buildings that each have multiple entrances.

No.
Heck if you do online check in and receive your room number before arriving you don't even have to walk through the lobby.

Maybe the person that stayed at GF is referencing the security check at the monorail but not sure about Beach Club, that makes no sense and hadn't heard that.

I don’t understand what you mean?
if staying at GF security check for MK is at the hotel not at park so there could be a metal detector there but not for checking into hotel. would also be true for Poly and Contemp as park security is at hotel not at park

if staying at GF security check for MK is at the hotel not at park so there could be a metal detector there but not for checking into hotel. would also be true for Poly and Contemp as park security is at hotel not at park
But the post I quoted talked about the Beach Club. What is that above?

if I read right the op is not the person who mentioned GF and Beach Club

if I read right the op is not the person who mentioned GF and Beach Club
But the person who mentioned GF or BC said NO metal detectors.

No.

Source: Stayed at Beach Club and Grand Floridian last week.

So I'll ask again, what the heck is this talking about?
Maybe the person that stayed at GF is referencing the security check at the monorail but not sure about Beach Club, that makes no sense and hadn't heard that.

The only time I’ve seen that is at a hotel in India. They also checked cars arriving by sliding a mirror on wheels under the car. Little unnerving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!