Mexico in WS?

TurnR@TheMouseHouse

Mouseketeer
My father will be on an ECV primarily to get from point A to Point B. But I don't think he can make the front steps at the Mexican Pavilion. I cannot recall if there is a side handicap entrance, but I'm guessing it's somewhere near the Orchid display to the right.

Is it possible to drive the ECV so far into the Pavilion and then park it to walk around and dine?

There is a ramp, if you are standing in front of the pavillion,facing it, the ramp is on the far right side. There used to be a pair of parrots who live along the path. There are ramps inside the pavillion, down into the market and restaurant.

Penny

pjpoohbear said:
There is a ramp, if you are standing in front of the pavillion,facing it, the ramp is on the far right side. There used to be a pair of parrots who live along the path. There are ramps inside the pavillion, down into the market and restaurant.

Penny
::yes:: There are two "paths"; one goes up the ramp into the pavilion, the other path goes to the backstage area.

I just wanted to add. I think there are a few stair steps to get to the seating for the restraunt inside the mexican pavilion. Its near the front of the restraunt, I'm thinking 1 or 2 steps.

I'm hoping a couple steps is fine, but a whole bunch of steps is the problem.

Connie

zumbergc said:
I just wanted to add. I think there are a few stair steps to get to the seating for the restraunt inside the mexican pavilion. Its near the front of the restraunt, I'm thinking 1 or 2 steps.

I'm hoping a couple steps is fine, but a whole bunch of steps is the problem.

Connie
you're right.
There is a ramp (we've taken DD's wheelchair down it), but it's not very visible or obvious. Ask a CM to show you where it is.

That would be correct. He has congestive heart failure and and tires easily. Distance walking and multiple steps are what tire him out quickly.

I know he's going to take one look at the steps at Mexico and go :earseek:

:wave2:

SueM in MN said:
you're right.
There is a ramp (we've taken DD's wheelchair down it), but it's not very visible or obvious. Ask a CM to show you where it is.

The ramp down to the restaurant is over the left hand side, near the boat ride entrance. When you get to the bottom of the ramp, you then have to thread your way through the tables which are somewhat close together. I have done it in a powerchair, though I had to wait for a table with easy wheelchair access. A scooter would be less manouverable. If your father can park up outside and walk down the three or so steps to the restaurant floor it might be easier.

Andrew

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter