Mexico's river ride reboot

There is a lot of "makes sense" changes that could happen across all of WDW, but there is only so much money to go around.

With all the other changes they have coming to Epcot, I doubt this is a priority --- just how in DHS --there are plenty of attractions that could seriously use a makeover, but obviously a minor concern over getting two whole new lands (and a new ride) finished.

It wouldn't probably be a big draw like how redoing Maelstrom to Frozen was.

I don't understand why everything needs a retheme. Hey, Vampirina is a new Disney Junior Show, let's retheme Haunted Mansion to the Vampirina house! There is an abominable snowman in Monsters Inc. let's retheme Expedition Everest! Miles from Tomorrowland was in space, let's retheme Space Mountain! Zootopia made a billion dollars, lets just change the Animal Kingdom to Zootopia land!
There's some birds in that movie up, let's retheme the bird show with some characters from that movie.....oh yeah already did that.

Where's the imagination from the imagineers??!! The best attractions have come from imagineers creating a story and then theming a ride after that unique story they created. Many of them are so good and iconic THEY inspire a movie, not the other way around. I feel like too many attractions are dreamed up by looking at a list of the most recent movies. Absolutely there is a place for rides themed after movies, but come on, not every single one of them! If an attraction is truly dated and needs a facelift because no one is filling up the lines, how about a completely original retheme? I'm sure the imagineers could come up with a great original adventure that takes place in Mexico to retheme the Three Caballeros to. Obviously it's not very popular right now, my oldest daughter loves Donald so we ride it all the time, but it's so empty that we have ridden 4 times in a row in the front seat in an empty boat without getting off in the middle of summer!! And this has happened many times so it wasn't just a fluke.

I don't understand why everything needs a retheme. Hey, Vampirina is a new Disney Junior Show, let's retheme Haunted Mansion to the Vampirina house! There is an abominable snowman in Monsters Inc. let's retheme Expedition Everest! Miles from Tomorrowland was in space, let's retheme Space Mountain! Zootopia made a billion dollars, lets just change the Animal Kingdom to Zootopia land!
There's some birds in that movie up, let's retheme the bird show with some characters from that movie.....oh yeah already did that.

Where's the imagination from the imagineers??!! The best attractions have come from imagineers creating a story and then theming a ride after that unique story they created. Many of them are so good and iconic THEY inspire a movie, not the other way around. I feel like too many attractions are dreamed up by looking at a list of the most recent movies. Absolutely there is a place for rides themed after movies, but come on, not every single one of them! If an attraction is truly dated and needs a facelift because no one is filling up the lines, how about a completely original retheme? I'm sure the imagineers could come up with a great original adventure that takes place in Mexico to retheme the Three Caballeros to. Obviously it's not very popular right now, my oldest daughter loves Donald so we ride it all the time, but it's so empty that we have ridden 4 times in a row in the front seat in an empty boat without getting off in the middle of summer!! And this has happened many times so it wasn't just a fluke.
This is just a rumor and by all accounts isn't happening at this time.

Imagineers do what's given to them Disney parks are all about synergy.

Maybe not go that far, but it would be nice to see some dated rides get a a facelift (see not replaced, just a facelift) every so often to keep it relevant. The Three Caballeros is a fun little ride (felt like a Mexico/Donald Duck themed IASW), but I would love to see a Coco facelift and unlike Frozen, Coco actually takes place in Mexico and Dia de los Muertos fits into Epcots Educational aspect.

Vampirina -- MGM Studios (expand on the show into the SW Launch Bay and maybe some of the backstage between them and RNRC once SWGE opens to make a small Disney Junior area with some attractions incorporating Disney Junior Characters like Sofia and Vampirina)

Monsters Inc. -- This really belonged in Pixar at MGM not in Tomorrowland and it definitely does not fit in Animal Kingdom. I liked the movies, but not the comedy show. A ride themed around going through the door and scaring might be fun. If they could find some extra space and throw in a Sugar Rush (Wreck It Ralph) themed attraction (I know its not technically Pixar) also.

Zootopia -- Noone is saying to retheme an entire park, but a Zootopia attraction within AK wouldn't be a bad thing. Dinoland (AKA Disney's Church Carnival) is a huge waste of space that could be used for new attractions.

As much as I loved coco I’m glad this won’t become such. Three caballeros is one of the most underrated Disney movies in my eyes and I actually really enjoyed the ride. I just don’t see park potential for coco. Ironically the first time I saw coco the next day I went on gran fiesta tour. Welp back to hiding now!!!
Though I want a Zootopia attraction real bad

Coco was really the embodiment of the Mexico river ride. I'd like to see them change that one scene - perhaps Miguel playing his guitar, with his ancestors looking on.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter