Mexico's river ride reboot

I would rather they don't change the boat ride over to Coco.

I liked the original El Rio Del Tiempo boat ride a lot. I liked how the Gran Fiesta Tour update didn't really change the original ride too much, and added in Donald, Jose and Panchito.

I don't mind the ride as it is now, but I think Coco would be an even better fit. Only one of the Three Caballeros is even Mexican.
Even though only one of the Three Caballeros is Mexican, a big part of the movie "The Three Caballeros" is all about Mexico.

Last edited:

I think they could do so much with a Coco theme. The movie was so incredibly visually stunning, with beautiful music, what a ride that could be....

I absolutely loved that movie.

I liked the original ride and after they changed it I rode it once and that was it. I can remember when we were in Cozumel on a dive trip and walking around some of the outside shops I told my honey it reminded me of the ride. Can't say in all my years of going to Mexico have I ever seen Donald Duck. Just saying.

Uh...just got some fresh news. One fairly reliable insider over at WDWMagic.com has stated they are back looking at doing Coco again. No lock on it, but he mentioned it when he reaffirmed that UK ride is still on for now.

If they were to keep the 3 Caballeros, they would need to do an update soon anyways. The film's are dated, and the animatronics are showing their age and don't always work.

A Coco overlay could be fantastic. And it fits so we'll into that pavilion. I believe they'd be stupid not to update it with Coco. Right now the ride is ok...it's cute and a nice break. Coco could make it something very special. I'm hoping it happens.

If they were to keep the 3 Caballeros, they would need to do an update soon anyways. The film's are dated, and the animatronics are showing their age and don't always work.

A Coco overlay could be fantastic. And it fits so we'll into that pavilion. I believe they'd be stupid not to update it with Coco. Right now the ride is ok...it's cute and a nice break. Coco could make it something very special. I'm hoping it happens.
The animatronics were just added a couple years ago.....

I believe I read somewhere that they were refurbs from a different attraction. In February 2017 they we're not working at all.
Yes they were from the original Mickey Mouse Revue. I’ve never seen them not working. They were added to Plus the attraction something Disney rarely does these days.

Yes they were from the original Mickey Mouse Revue. I’ve never seen them not working. They were added to Plus the attraction something Disney rarely does these days.

This was about the same time we saw them not working

Uh...just got some fresh news. One fairly reliable insider over at WDWMagic.com has stated they are back looking at doing Coco again. No lock on it, but he mentioned it when he reaffirmed that UK ride is still on for now.

Keeping my fingers crossed - would love to see this happen! Thanks for the update. Coco is such a gorgeous film with great settings/world building, and really much more of a reflection of Mexican culture than the current ride.

I don't understand why everything needs a retheme. Hey, Vampirina is a new Disney Junior Show, let's retheme Haunted Mansion to the Vampirina house! There is an abominable snowman in Monsters Inc. let's retheme Expedition Everest! Miles from Tomorrowland was in space, let's retheme Space Mountain! Zootopia made a billion dollars, lets just change the Animal Kingdom to Zootopia land!
There's some birds in that movie up, let's retheme the bird show with some characters from that movie.....oh yeah already did that.

Where's the imagination from the imagineers??!! The best attractions have come from imagineers creating a story and then theming a ride after that unique story they created. Many of them are so good and iconic THEY inspire a movie, not the other way around. I feel like too many attractions are dreamed up by looking at a list of the most recent movies. Absolutely there is a place for rides themed after movies, but come on, not every single one of them! If an attraction is truly dated and needs a facelift because no one is filling up the lines, how about a completely original retheme? I'm sure the imagineers could come up with a great original adventure that takes place in Mexico to retheme the Three Caballeros to. Obviously it's not very popular right now, my oldest daughter loves Donald so we ride it all the time, but it's so empty that we have ridden 4 times in a row in the front seat in an empty boat without getting off in the middle of summer!! And this has happened many times so it wasn't just a fluke.

Ugh, I totally feel this on a personal level. But then I can understand why updates and re-themeing is important too....*sigh*

I believe I read somewhere that they were refurbs from a different attraction. In February 2017 they we're not working at all.
We were at EPCOT in January 2017 and some of the special effects screens were non-functional (even showing total blue screens with "Channel - No Signal Detected" on the bottom corner of the screen!) but I don't remember if any of the animatronics were also out.

My thoughts are, why do away with the 3 Cabs to add Coco, instead overhaul the entire ride and incorporate the 3 Cabs with Coco. This would make the most sense and can only help the ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter