MGM counter service

decker96

DIS Veteran
Which counter service do you like best at MGM and why? We've never eaten at MGM before so I've been looking over the menus, but nothing really jumps out at me. Thanks for the info! :D

We used to think Pizza Planet was ok. I really enjoyed the salad, and thought the pizza was average. We went mainly for the theming for our kids. However on our last trip we found the pizza to be very good. Its seemed fresher and more cheesy. Im looking forward to going back for that. ;)

I knew I forgot to put something in my original post! I personally would love to eat at Pizza Planet, especially because of the theme (love, love Toy Story!). However, neither of my two oldest like pizza. I know, it's crazy! What kid doesn't like pizza?! DD6 hates cheese and DS3 is super picky and doesn't like any foods that are mixed together (he just recently started eating peanut butter sandwiches, his first "mixed food"). Maybe I will have better luck with youngest DD. She's only 8 months now, we will definitely have to train her!! :p

We always head for Backlot Express. It's over by Star Tours and is somewhat hidden and out of the way. They have a huge "fixin's bar" with toppings for your burgers or whatever....

Hello down there in Winona. We are having some lovely spring days here.

I'm just west of you in Rochester.

We have only eaten at the BackLot Express for counter food and that was just ok.

We usually go to Prime Time cuz MGM counter choices are so limited.

herc.

I have to echo the warning against the Commisary. It's one of very few places I've ever eaten at with bad fries. How do you make bad *fries*? lol

If Pizza Planet is out of the question, I would also suggest Backlot Express, although we've had some mediocre food there as well. Pizza Planet is really the only one we where haven't been disappointed with the food for MGM counter service.

SamS-why such a strong warning? I've gotten the Cuban sandwich there, multiple times in January and March and enjoyed it, always exchanging the plantain chips for fries and enjoyed it....Not sure what the problem is, so now I'm curious.

We ended up at the Commissary and my husband did not like it much at all. He had the burger and fries. He said the hamburger was not too good.

I got the tabooleh wrap there. It was passable, not too inspiring.

KIS

I had an awful burger and fries. My wife had very mediocre chicken strip meal. I can't say anything about the Cuban; never had one. Maybe I should try it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter