Miami cruise - looking for hotel recomendations

meg8182000

Mouseketeer
I'll cruising on the Magic in April out of Miami and looking for hotel recommendations. It'll just be for my mother and I. We have already paid for the transfers between the hotel and the port and the port and the airport.

Thanks,

Mary

I loved Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon. You can actually get a port shuttle from there - no schlepping back to the airport - for like $10/Person. Cancel airport to port shuttle. Easy!

Lyft is also easy and reliable for getting to the port.

Which transfer company let you book from a hotel to port without knowing which hotel you will be at? That seems very odd.

I believe that we reserved the transfers with DCL but maybe I should go back and double check that.

Then you get to choose between the Conrad, Four Seasons and Marriott Stanton. Also, I think you have to book the hotel via DCL if you want Hotel>Port transportation. Here's the fine print from DCL:

Hotel Information
Are you planning on arriving before or staying a few days after your cruise?

Disney Cruise Line offers convenient packages that include hotel accommodations before and after your cruise. If you have not yet confirmed your hotel stay, please be sure to check if rooms are still available by calling (800) 951-3532. Guests under age 18 must have a parent or guardian permission to call. Don't forget to add a hotel transfer option and leave the driving to us!

The following hotels may be arranged through Disney Cruise Line:

• The Conrad Miami – Located in the heart of Miami's downtown financial district, the Conrad Miami invites you to revel in the contemporary design and exquisite views overlooking the vibrant city and picture-perfect Biscayne Bay. During your stay, take time to relax and unwind at the signature restaurant, rooftop pool or spa.
  • The Marriott Stanton South Beach – The Marriott Stanton South Beach is an upscale oceanfront hotel located on Miami's illustrious South Beach district. Sightsee along the promenade and explore the numerous restaurants, museums and boutiques available to you—or simply sit back at a street-side cafe and bask in the endless sunshine and sea breezes.
  • Four Seasons Miami – Bask in sophistication and world-class luxury in the heart of downtown Miami at the Four Seasons Miami. Surround yourself in a diverse paradise with décor that fuses together South and Central American, Caribbean, and American influences. Rise above Miami’s skyline at one of the area’s AAA Five Diamond Hotels. This hotel is available for sailings beginning December 2018.
Traveling from Your Hotel to the Cruise Ship – If you arrange a hotel stay through Disney Cruise Line, you may add optional ground transfers from the hotel to the Port.

Also, to answer your originial question: Of the three listed I would choose the Conrad, it is convenient to the port and I prefer Hilton hotels. That aside, the Marriott is on South Beach and probably has better access to interesting restaurants than the Conrad which is in the financial district.

Yep, what adamki said. And that fits not having to give them a hotel yet since they will have vans/buses running to/from those hotels. Although assuming you mean this April the Four Seasons is not yet available, so you have the two choices. I have seen positive reports from people who have done this, but you will have to weigh the value of having everything booked through DCL with the premium you will pay versus booking elsewhere and finding 3rd party transportation. For us, we booked the Holiday Inn near the port and arranged our own transportation because we liked the idea of being close to port, having shopping and food nearby (and a CVS for our wine allocation!) at a reasonable price.

Enjoy your cruise and visit to Miami!

Good catch on the December 2018 start date for the Four Seasons @NS8VN.

The DCL recommended hotels are all in the $300-$400 range, it's tough for me to justify that price unless you are going to get a full day there before the cruise. If you could use Hilton or Marriott points for the stay, you might get a great value at those two properties.

If I was paying out of my pocket and my flight arrived in the afternoon/evening before the cruise, I'd stay at one of the Airport area hotels. You have your choice of all the major chains (A bunch of options from Hilton, Marriott, IHG, SPG, Choice, etc). The Comfort Suites Miami Airport North offers free shuttle to/from the airport *and* to the port. That's a pretty good deal.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Brickell last week before our cruise. It was about $240 for a suite and we also got 1/2 priced parking ($11).

Last edited:
We just booked the Comfort Suites Miami North for $230. It was recommended by our Travel agent. Has 4 star reviews on Trip advisor. Includes free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, free shuttle from the hotel to the port and free breakfast. I also booked through Ebates for 5% cash back.

We stayed at YVE Hotel right across from Bayside marketplace. We could see the Disney Wonder from our room. Did the package that included breakfast that was great and transfer to the port. All in all under $@40 total and we loved every minute of it. There was even a cvs open 24 hours across the street for last minute items.
s

Any recommendations for hotels if we will be driving in the night before our cruise and hoping to leave our car with the hotel rather than park at the port? I'm so used to hotels in Port Canaveral offering this option, but have found nothing in Miami.

The Comfort Suites Miami Airport North offers free shuttle to/from the airport *and* to the port. That's a pretty good deal.

Thanks for posting this. I think this is what we will do for May. I don't like Uber/Lyft with 2 young kids (5 and 3), but a shuttle will work nicely. And being at the airport makes it easy to get to, obviously.

Somewhat related, but are there any other shuttles going from the port to the airport in Miami after debarkation?

Somewhat related, but are there any other shuttles going from the port to the airport in Miami after debarkation?

There is one very good reason to use the Disney Transfer service after your cruise. "Disney's Convenient Onboard Airline Check-In" The service allows you to leave your checked luggage outside your cabin on the last night of the cruise and you won't see it again until you get to your home airport's baggage carousel.

Make sure your airline is on the list and that your flight is within the DCL departure time rules. You can book return only tranfers from Disney, but you have to call to do it the website will only sell you round-trip transfers.

Here's the fine print from DCL for Miami Cruises:

Disney’s Convenient Onboard Airline Check-In
Enjoy the comfort and convenience of Onboard Airline Check-In* when you purchase ground transportation through Disney Cruise Line, such as:

• Receive your boarding passes ahead of time.
  • Check your luggage for your return flight before disembarking the ship.
  • Skip luggage claim at the port terminal.
  • Bypass the airline check-in counter at the airport.
Here's how it works:

1. Reserve ground transportation through Disney Cruise Line, then request to sign up for Onboard Airline Check-In when you check in at the cruise port.
  2. On the day prior to disembarkation, your airline boarding passes and valet luggage tags will be delivered to your stateroom.
  3. Attach the tags to your luggage and leave your bags outside your stateroom on the evening prior to disembarkation. Your luggage will be collected and delivered to your airline for you.
  4. Upon arrival at Miami International Airport, you can proceed to security and continue to your departure gate.
*This service is available to Guests flying out of Miami International Airport on domestic flights (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) on American Airlines, Delta Air Lines and United Airlines, as well as international flights on American Airlines and United Airlines.

Pre-registration is required and scheduled flights must be after 1:30 PM on the day your cruise ends. Airline-specific baggage fee may apply and can vary by airline. Each luggage piece can weigh no more than 50 lbs. In addition, some Guests may be selected to check in at the airport and will be unable to use this service.

There is one very good reason to use the Disney Transfer service after your cruise. "Disney's Convenient Onboard Airline Check-In" The service allows you to leave your checked luggage outside your cabin on the last night of the cruise and you won't see it again until you get to your home airport's baggage carousel.

Make sure your airline is on the list and that your flight is within the DCL departure time rules. You can book return only tranfers from Disney, but you have to call to do it the website will only sell you round-trip transfers.

Here's the fine print from DCL for Miami Cruises:

Disney’s Convenient Onboard Airline Check-In
Enjoy the comfort and convenience of Onboard Airline Check-In* when you purchase ground transportation through Disney Cruise Line, such as:

• Receive your boarding passes ahead of time.
  • Check your luggage for your return flight before disembarking the ship.
  • Skip luggage claim at the port terminal.
  • Bypass the airline check-in counter at the airport.
Here's how it works:

1. Reserve ground transportation through Disney Cruise Line, then request to sign up for Onboard Airline Check-In when you check in at the cruise port.
  2. On the day prior to disembarkation, your airline boarding passes and valet luggage tags will be delivered to your stateroom.
  3. Attach the tags to your luggage and leave your bags outside your stateroom on the evening prior to disembarkation. Your luggage will be collected and delivered to your airline for you.
  4. Upon arrival at Miami International Airport, you can proceed to security and continue to your departure gate.
*This service is available to Guests flying out of Miami International Airport on domestic flights (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) on American Airlines, Delta Air Lines and United Airlines, as well as international flights on American Airlines and United Airlines.

Pre-registration is required and scheduled flights must be after 1:30 PM on the day your cruise ends. Airline-specific baggage fee may apply and can vary by airline. Each luggage piece can weigh no more than 50 lbs. In addition, some Guests may be selected to check in at the airport and will be unable to use this service.

Thank you! This sounds ideal. I booked the cruise via Costco, do you know if that makes a difference when booking a ground transfer? I ask because I don't see any option online (DCL's website) for even booking round-trip transfers. As you said I have to call for the one-way transfer anyhow, so I might as well call and check. Thanks again, very helpful information!

Thank you! This sounds ideal. I booked the cruise via Costco, do you know if that makes a difference when booking a ground transfer? I ask because I don't see any option online (DCL's website) for even booking round-trip transfers. As you said I have to call for the one-way transfer anyhow, so I might as well call and check. Thanks again, very helpful information!
Yes, you have to call Costco to book it. It can't be booked online regardless, but I called DCL initially and they told me I had to call Costco. Which all they do is take your information, put you on hold while they call DCL, and then tell you it is done. DCL Transfers in Miami is $20pp each way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter