MiceChat is reporting there will be changes to DAS at Disneyland

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to see how long these tests at Disneyland go on for,before they see how succesful it is and implement it to DW.
Im pleased Disney world has the magic bands as i for one would hate to keep getting the groups tickets out everytime incase i dropped and lost one! at least if its on the band it would be much simpler just scan and go.

I'm not sure how the bands would work. Would you than have to have everyone with you to get a return time, or take everyone's band?

I'm not sure how the bands would work. Would you than have to have everyone with you to get a return time, or take everyone's band?
I don't think you would need the Magicbands or tickets at all at WDW to get a DAS Return Time.
With the My Disney Experience, you can already link your friends and family.
I think they would just work with that for linking the person with DAS with the other members of their group.

Guests using My Disney Experience can choose which member of their group can 'manage' the account of other members of their group. If you are managing the account, you can make Fastpass Plus times for the rest of your group, either on the app or at the Fastpass Plus kiosks.
The Magicbands link to your account, which is where any Fastpass Plus you've arranged are. You need to scan the Magicbands at the attraction to use them, but not to get a time.

They could do DAS in a similar way at WDW.

Here's a link about My Disney Experience that explains a little more how things work.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/my-disney-experience/

From the best I could tell the tickets are not linked until the return time is given. When we got the DAS for each of the kids they listed how many were in our group. When we went to the kiosks to get the return times we gave them one of the tickets with the DAS and then the tickets of those riding with them and they attached the return time to each of them.
If that is the case and their tickets can be attached to more than one DAS, just not have more than one return time attached, that would work ok, so long as it's easy to switch who is attached to your DAS whe that changes. At Disneyland, this will be essential, as the people in your party often changes throughout the day when you run into friends you didn't know were going or someone has to go to work or has to go home unexpectedly. All of these things happen in a park that's mostly visited by locals and happen extremely often, so often that we joke it's the world's largest Cheers, because really if you go often enough, everyone really.does know your name.

I don't think you would need the Magicbands or tickets at all at WDW to get a DAS Return Time.
With the My Disney Experience, you can already link your friends and family.
I think they would just work with that for linking the person with DAS with the other members of their group.

Guests using My Disney Experience can choose which member of their group can 'manage' the account of other members of their group. If you are managing the account, you can make Fastpass Plus times for the rest of your group, either on the app or at the Fastpass Plus kiosks.
The Magicbands link to your account, which is where any Fastpass Plus you've arranged are. You need to scan the Magicbands at the attraction to use them, but not to get a time.

They could do DAS in a similar way at WDW.

Here's a link about My Disney Experience that explains a little more how things work.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/my-disney-experience/

I'd like this, it would be even better to be able to add the ability to get return times from the App.

I don't really like the band's, they are extremely uncomfortable, but I do like some of the convenience that they offer. I don't really think the positives outweigh the negatives, but since we are stuck with them, might as well find the positives that do exist.

I'd like this, it would be even better to be able to add the ability to get return times from the App.

I don't really like the band's, they are extremely uncomfortable, but I do like some of the convenience that they offer. I don't really think the positives outweigh the negatives, but since we are stuck with them, might as well find the positives that do exist.
Everyone in our group in the 4 trips we've gone since Magicbands began actually found the bands to be very comfortable. I was concerned that my younger DD would not leave her band on, but she had no problem.

I know some people do find them uncomfortable, but most people have no problem from what I've seen.
And, there is always the ability to attach them somewhere other than the wrist or just carry them.

If they attach DAS to Magicbands, they might still require going to the Fastpass kiosks or attraction. The app only has ability to look at Fastpass times and I just don't see them adding the complexity of assigning DAS times to that.
If they just continue to assign DAS times at attractions, as they are currently doing at WDW, it would still be an improvement for guests because it would be faster. It would also be helpful because the handheld device they would need to assign times at attractions would be able to figure out what time to assign based on the current Standby time.

Everyone in our group in the 4 trips we've gone since Magicbands began actually found the bands to be very comfortable. I was concerned that my younger DD would not leave her band on, but she had no problem.

I know some people do find them uncomfortable, but most people have no problem from what I've seen.
And, there is always the ability to attach them somewhere other than the wrist or just carry them.

If they attach DAS to Magicbands, they might still require going to the Fastpass kiosks or attraction. The app only has ability to look at Fastpass times and I just don't see them adding the complexity of assigning DAS times to that.
If they just continue to assign DAS times at attractions, as they are currently doing at WDW, it would still be an improvement for guests because it would be faster. It would also be helpful because the handheld device they would need to assign times at attractions would be able to figure out what time to assign based on the current Standby time.
Attaching them somewhere else, you can only attach them somewhere else if you have something to do so with. They are uncomfortable when you don't wear anything on your wrist normally. Not to mention the annoying tan line you get by the end of your vacation or in my case, on my first day.

It would be an even better improvement to be able to get a return time from any attraction for any attraction, if they don't incorporate it into the App.

So a good question now is - how did they handle the ticket based DAS entry into the rides themselves?
When I went with my mom and her DAS it was usually pretty disorganized in a lot of places.

There is now a cast member at the handicap entrance with a scanner. It worked pretty well. The only issue we had was at Alice in wonderland, there is only space for one wheel chair / EVC where you get on the ride so if there is a EVC parked there and another EVC waiting next in line, they held up the whole Handicap line until the 1st EVC left. So we had to wait the whole length of the ride before we could ride. Then the poor lady in the EVC ahead of us had to turn the thing around in a very tight space.

Was the entrance still the fast pass line for most rides? Did you have to tell them you had das each time?
Just to verify - you are talking about Disneyland, correct?

WDW has not changed anything at this point.

I disagree on both accounts. To accommodate me, the people that I am with also need to be accommodated, as it wouldn't be right to make me ride alone, which could happen if the people that I am with are not properly accommodated.

Could you please find that info in the ADA legislation? Since you have mentioned that you have filed several lawsuits, etc, I would like to see where this comes into play for ADA accessibility.

Could you please find that info in the ADA legislation? Since you have mentioned that you have filed several lawsuits, etc, I would like to see where this comes into play for ADA accessibility.
Most of the ADA information calls for one companion.
For example, wheelchair accessible seating for theaters have one companion seat designated per wheelchair depot.
The ADA Design guidelines call for one companion seat per wheelchair spot in accessible ride cars, so that the person with a disability is not riding alone. Disney often goes above that - for example, the Small World accessible boat has 6 seats.

I did not say I had filed several lawsuits. I said that I had been on the receiving end of getting benefits from several lawsuits over privacy law violations when someone said that privacy laws don't apply.to businesses to point that statement of theirs was incorrect.

As for the argument that would be made here is actually quite simple. Anyone who doesn't need accommodation would be able to ride with their entire party, even if the members of that party changed throughout the day, so equal access would mean the ability for those that do need accommodations made would be able to do the same.

As for the argument that would be made here is actually quite simple. Anyone who doesn't need accommodation would be able to ride with their entire party, even if the members of that party changed throughout the day, so equal access would mean the ability for those that do need accommodations made would be able to do the same.

As Sue pointed out, they most likely only have to make accommodations for one companion, though that companion may change throughout the day.

From the report of someone that has used the new method at DL, it looks as though your concerns about having to change your companions on a constant basis will be accommodated.

So a good question now is - how did they handle the ticket based DAS entry into the rides themselves? When I went with my mom and her DAS it was usually pretty disorganized in a lot of places.

Most the time it was quite easy. We went to either the FP entrance if other designated handicap return location. We presented our tickets and they scanned them to verify our time. At some locations (usually when entering through the FP line) they would only check the time at the entrance and then scan them again at the 2nd checkpoint before we moved on.

I will also say for those who have mentioned it I was a little concerned about getting my tickets in and out so often. We were using military tickets and i was concerned about losing them. I was just extra careful every time I got them out and it worked best for us for me to keep all of our tickets as I was usually the runner and the least likely to lose them.

Yes you still go to either the fastpass entrance or the exit of the ride for those that don't have fast pass. Is some cases the person with the scanner was out away from where the HC entrance is to make sure that you had a return time or if you needed a return time before you got in line. I always had my tickets out and told the CM that I had a return time. The thing is at Disneyland most ride lines are not ADA and now for a lot of rides they will give a return time to people in wheel chairs at the rides them selfs. With my two issues stroller as wheel chair or DAS I could get return times in either place but I used the DAS for all return times and the other just so I could keep my son in his stroller, that boy is heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter