Michael Myers returns..and so do we....19 Fabulous nights of HHN, RP & SF Sept/Oct 2018

And for those who enjoy jelly and cream cheese...........

That was supper tonight.........

White toast......full fat Philadelphia and grape jelly...........lush!! All served rather strangely with a very nice Chardonnay..........it worked!

It's been almost a year since we ate at The Palm for my DD's birthday . I still remember that delicious meal like yesterday!!!
YUM!

It's been almost a year since we ate at The Palm for my DD's birthday . I still remember that delicious meal like yesterday!!!
YUM!

Oh my goodness! That was a year ago...........it feels like it was only a few months ago!!

I remember you enjoyed it a lot....it really is a top notch restaurant.........we can’t wait to go back again........:thumbsup2

Have never met anyone who didn’t like it........

It must have been hotter than Hades - your poor face is so red!

That HP ride looks like it is going to be unbelievable - I can't wait to ride it! I do miss Dragon Challenge though.

My son loves VooDoo doughnuts, but he's boring and gets plain glazed. I like trying something new each time.

Your nachos look divine - I think we'll try those one day on this trip. No jalapenos for us though! I do hate it when it feels like the wait staff are pushing things, even though I know they're probably told to do so.

I agree with you that HRH is my least favorite deluxe - I just don't care for it. I would have had to use a lot of restraint not to devour that bread - I adore my carbs :lovestruc Your whole meal looks wonderful - I love a good steak, but I admit that I prefer my meat medium.

Aren't the beds at RPR the best? I just fall right to sleep in all that cozy comfort.

It must have been hotter than Hades - your poor face is so red!

That HP ride looks like it is going to be unbelievable - I can't wait to ride it! I do miss Dragon Challenge though.

My son loves VooDoo doughnuts, but he's boring and gets plain glazed. I like trying something new each time.

Your nachos look divine - I think we'll try those one day on this trip. No jalapenos for us though! I do hate it when it feels like the wait staff are pushing things, even though I know they're probably told to do so.

I agree with you that HRH is my least favorite deluxe - I just don't care for it. I would have had to use a lot of restraint not to devour that bread - I adore my carbs :lovestruc Your whole meal looks wonderful - I love a good steak, but I admit that I prefer my meat medium.

Aren't the beds at RPR the best? I just fall right to sleep in all that cozy comfort.

Lol........I do look like a red traffic light a lot this trip!! Never felt it as hot......oh gosh the ride is going to be something amazing I’m quite sure.......

I love a plain glazed dounut too.....but, like you Tom does like to try as many flavours as possible......yes, we definitely felt she was trying to sell more alcohol..........it’s just usually a no one else is enough.......but, the nachos were really good........

It was hard not to eat the bread! I could only eat the white anyway, but even that was quite a lot if I had tucked in........it was a fabulous meal, oh yes, Tom prefers medium too.........yes the HRH is an odd one.......just doesn’t have the apppeal of the others......

Oh the RP beds!!!! Bliss!!! :wave2:

Finally caught up! I now want to go see Dead Freddie Mercury and eat VooDoo donuts! So much fun!!!!!

Lol.....you have a way with words Alice!!!

Dead Freddie was so amazing.......honestly sounded so like him.........and yes the donuts were delicious.......wish I could have one now........::yes::

Glad you’re still reading along :wave2:

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 16TH...……………

We really did sleep like babies last night...….usually we get up once or twice and sometimes we hear outside sounds in the corridors, but so far we hadn't heard a peep from other people......not a complaint!! It is a common complaint that other less considerate people can sometimes impact your stay or sleep.

We planned another kind of lazy day. We had no plans to go to the park today until HHN tonight, so we thought we`d have a pool morning.....or at least until the sun covered the pool anyway......we don't put sunscreen on so naturally avoid the glare of direct sunlight. But we had noticed from our window that half the loungers had been removed from the pool area, we had been told it was for an event later in the day.......and the area we sat to be in the shade was one of them......I`m sure we would find another spot...…...

We showered very quickly and enjoyed a very quick and light breakfast in the lounge before heading out to the pool...….we spoke to the lovely Martha who is just the nicest person, and found a little bit where we would be in the shade......but to be honest we really plan to just be in the pool...…

Tom gets in immediately and tells me it is warm...….I hate that bit when you go in deeper and it feels so cold!!!

I was allowed the camera for a brief moment...…..

i-dm7FVrP-XL.jpg

i-JdpPJzr-XL.jpg

i-Cs7N7xr-XL.jpg

i-jjqb45s-XL.jpg

i-WnzCT7r-XL.jpg

Someone we know had rented this cabana today...….but, they are the type of people that can lay by the pool all day.....they do the same with beach vacations too...….not for us...….we tried it once and were bored...….I like the pool, but not all day. Although it suits them and I know they enjoy it...….I knew they wouldn't be up yet this morning as they had gone to HHN and they stay to the bitter end every night they go...…..

I did get into the pool after I had wandered around the pool for some pictures......and it was really hot going in.....no cold shocks at all......I think this was the warmest I had ever felt it. And it was lovely......the pool is perfect for me as I`m never out of my depth...….and especially when it`s as empty as this it is heavenly.

i-sXfmqmg-XL.jpg

We do like this pool...….we didn't manage a pool evening this trip, something we usually love, but the movies on offer were awful......so we didn't really make it a priority...….although it was nice to see the Dive in Movies return as they are really popular.

We enjoyed the pool to ourselves for a while...….then others joined us but when I say others I mean 2 people...…..this is definitely the time to visit the pool in any month...…..we stayed in till around 10.45 and by then there were a few more people and the sun had completely covered the pool...….we did feel a little vampire like moving away from the glare of the sun like we do...……

Sadly we then exited the pool and dried off a little...….the heat of the sun felt wonderful though as we waited for our costumes and trunks to dry off a little.....our loungers were in direct sunlight now and we were a little surprised when a young lady asked us if we were leaving......lol......she did indeed want our loungers...….she did look like someone who enjoyed sitting in the sun as she had a beautiful tan......we said we`d be gone in a few minutes...…

We got back up to our room and our lovely housekeeper had been so we had a whole set of fresh towels......lovely!!! Showered, I came out to dry and straighten hair to discover Tom glued to this...……………………………

i-mF48rwV-XL.jpg

I`d never get him out of here now!!!! And I had to disturb him to put the hairdryer on...…..then I wanted the chair to straighten my hair......I think I may have been a little annoying with this...…..lol...…..he does love Star Wars...………..

However, once we were both ready to go, I had to turn the TV off...…….he was enjoying it a lot I have to say...……

We went down to get the car as we were heading to Best Buys...…...as part of my birthday gifts I was getting a new laptop......and we do like Best Buy. It is only a short drive to the store and I volunteer to drive today...….even though it was a short one. It`s nice the exit onto I4 from Universal Boulevard is back open, the road is still a bit of a mess...….and will be for a long time.

Best Buy is fairly quiet, and we get the same guy we bought the last laptop from. He is a nice guy and not pushy......we settle on the one I had seen online, a Dell as we do like them...….and we happily marched off with our purchase and went back to the hotel to drop it off and charge it up so we could play with it later...……

We went back down to get and ODC over to PBH...…..and as always there is a few sitting outside ready to go...….again, it only takes a few moments to get o the other hotel.

PBH is beautiful...…..it really does have a lovely warm feel about it...….we know a few TM here too and give one a wave as we pass him by.

We are really here for lunch today as we love Sal`s deli...…...the pizza here is so good...…..but today we decide to have a sandwich...…..the place is mobbed when we arrive......we haven't seen it as busy as this before as it`s usually fairly quiet...…..but there is a conference on and I think most were enjoying lunch in here...…

A quick check of the menu and I opted for the Turkey Fontina and Tom went for Sal`s Special...…..and we got two little wines to drink...…...you get a little buzzer and it goes off when your food is ready to go pick up....and it doesn't take long for the food to come, service here is good and very friendly.

i-vkjcCgq-XL.jpg

i-t3BG4mk-XL.jpg

The sandwiches were lovely...….we really enjoyed them, but we had forgotten how awful the potato chips were here...….considering how lovely everything else is we are surprised how poor these are. But we hadn't wanted to upgrade to fries as we didn't want that much to eat.

More coming up...…………….

So, we enjoyed our sandwiches, minus the potato chips of course...……

We decided to have a wander around the hotel, during the day it can feel a little like a ghost town, but always pleasant to walk around...…..it is a beautiful resort. Funnily enough we have never stayed here, and I don't think we would, but it is a hotel that gets amazing reviews. I don't know anyone who hasn't loved it.

i-zmn4bpQ-XL.jpg

i-LLfK9R7-XL.jpg

i-9zrsQLN-XL.jpg

i-QV4XGbN-XL.jpg

It was blazing hot again, so we retreated into the cool of the interior of the hotel...….which is even more pretty than the exterior...….

The lobby is another one that has a unique and fresh scent when you enter, it does smell incredibly fresh and clean...….and always sparklingly clean and almost gleaming...….and I don't have heels on today, so no worries about slipping today!!!

i-5xF6hBr-XL.jpg

i-Nhz6DDw-XL.jpg

There is a unique little indoor area that really just leads to their meeting and banquet area, but there is a nice little store in here to have a meander around......it is very cosy looking with the twinkling lights overhead...….I do like twinkling lights!

i-B8bnwfL-XL.jpg

i-tThMsH2-XL.jpg

i-stkgmrJ-XL.jpg

i-BTR2TbL-XL.jpg

i-JQgBSMB-XL.jpg

i-tjg2mMF-XL.jpg

Usually when we visit Bar American is closed, apart from once a few years back at night when we did enjoy a drink with friends...…..so when we saw it open today we decided to go in and have a drink and a sit down...….

It is classically designed and very beautiful with darker style wood, but very much of the theme of the hotel...……

i-dS52XHc-XL.jpg

We take a seat by the window and Cameron asks what we would like to drink...…..Tom opts for a beer and I had checked out their cocktail menu and nothing appealed to me......so I asked for a dark rum, ginger beer and lime...……he was a little confused as to what type of rum to use, but he had Myers dark, that would be ok...…...I preferred a Zacapa or similar, but Myers worked just as well.

i-zbh4Ldm-XL.jpg

I do love those Pewter tankards...…...we must buy some for home as they do keep your drinks very cool...…..and he had made up a very nice drink...….

i-THjtPWQ-XL.jpg

We sat for around an hour and just relaxed and passed the time away...…..we were in no rush to go anywhere today so this was very pleasant...….and the young barman was a chatty guy who was lovely to chat to...….

But, eventually we decided it was time to head back home, so we paid our check and thanked him and went out to the valet guys to get an ODC back home. One of them immediately tells us there are none available but to wait two minutes...…..he runs off and we manage to take a couple of pictures before he comes back...……

The main entrance to PBH is quite pretty too...….always love a water feature...…...

i-L25vS2h-XL.jpg

i-75wWhHH-XL.jpg

i-qpH5gS5-XL.jpg

i-jxhwZWM-XL.jpg

As there were no cars available this lovely young man had gone to get a hotel car to take us over to RP.....he said it would be much quicker for us......I whish the valet guys at HRH had been as proactive the other night...….

So, we were heading back to our hotel and he was a lovely guy to chat to......we thanked him as we got out the car and we made sure he got a very good tip for his good deed today.

We went up to our room and the laptop was fully charged...….I let Tom have a go first as I knew he was keen to check it out...….boys and their toys!!!!

Coming up...….a surprise for me that wasn't as expected, and HHN!!!!

Last edited:
So, we enjoyed our sandwiches, minus the potato chips of course...……

We decided to have a wander around the hotel, during the day it can feel a little like a ghost town, but always pleasant to walk around...…..it is a beautiful resort. Funnily enough we have never stayed here, and I don't think we would, but it is a hotel that gets amazing reviews. I don't know anyone who hasn't loved it.
Cliffhanger!

i-zmn4bpQ-XL.jpg

i-LLfK9R7-XL.jpg

i-9zrsQLN-XL.jpg

i-QV4XGbN-XL.jpg

It was blazing hot again, so we retreated into the cool of the interior of the hotel...….which is even more pretty than the exterior...….

The lobby is another one that has a unique and fresh scent when you enter, it does smell incredibly fresh and clean...….and always sparklingly clean and almost gleaming...….and I don't have heels on today, so no worries about slipping today!!!

i-5xF6hBr-XL.jpg

i-Nhz6DDw-XL.jpg

There is a unique little indoor area that really just leads to their meeting and banquet area, but there is a nice little store in here to have a meander around......it is very cosy looking with the twinkling lights overhead...….I do like twinkling lights!

i-B8bnwfL-XL.jpg

i-tThMsH2-XL.jpg

i-stkgmrJ-XL.jpg

i-BTR2TbL-XL.jpg

i-JQgBSMB-XL.jpg

i-tjg2mMF-XL.jpg

Usually when we visit Bar American is closed, apart from once a few years back at night when we did enjoy a drink with friends...…..so when we saw it open today we decided to go in and have a drink and a sit down...….

It is classically designed and very beautiful with darker style wood, but very much of the theme of the hotel...……

i-dS52XHc-XL.jpg

We take a seat by the window and Cameron asks what we would like to drink...…..Tom opts for a beer and I had checked out their cocktail menu and nothing appealed to me......so I asked for a dark rum, ginger beer and lime...……he was a little confused as to what type of rum to use, but he had Myers dark, that would be ok...…...I preferred a Zacapa or similar, but Myers worked just as well.

i-zbh4Ldm-XL.jpg

I do love those Pewter tankards...…...we must buy some for home as they do keep your drinks very cool...…..and he had made up a very nice drink...….

i-THjtPWQ-XL.jpg

We sat for around an hour and just relaxed and passed the time away...…..we were in no rush to go anywhere today so this was very pleasant...….and the young barman was a chatty guy who was lovely to chat to...….

But, eventually we decided it was time to head back home, so we paid our check and thanked him and went out to the valet guys to get an ODC back home. One of them immediately tells us there are none available but to wait two minutes...…..he runs off and we manage to take a couple of pictures before he comes back...……

The main entrance to PBH is quite pretty too...….always love a water feature...…...

i-L25vS2h-XL.jpg

i-75wWhHH-XL.jpg

i-qpH5gS5-XL.jpg

i-jxhwZWM-XL.jpg

As there were no cars available this lovely young man had gone to get a hotel car to take us over to RP.....he said it would be much quicker for us......I whish the valet guys at HRH had been as proactive the other night...….

So, we were heading back to our hotel and he was a lovely guy to chat to......we thanked him as we got out the car and we made sure he got a very good tip for his good deed today.

We went up to our room and the laptop was fully charged...….I let Tom have a go first as I knew he was keen to check it out...….boys and their toys!!!!

Coming up...….a surprise for me that wasn't as expected and HHN!!!!

Once we were back in our room we gave Kyle a call with Facetime...….he was doing great and was quite happy doing his own thing while we were gone......he had made sure his bathroom was fully cleared for the men arriving tomorrow morning to start doing the work on it......it was going to be messy I`m sure and we were glad we would miss the work and mess!!! But, he had a few stories for us which is always lovely to hear......and had a busy week ahead of him at work so we weren't sure when we would get to Facetime him again this week......I was sure we`d manage something...….I said I`d email him when we were in the room and if he was in or free we would chat then...………..

At this point I was planning to go down to Club Lounge and chill out but Tom then told me he had a surprise for me...…..now I love surprises......worse than an 8 year old...…But he said we would need to head into Citywalk early, before HHN so I was a little confused......and although I love surprises, I hate waiting on them.....if you are going to surprise me it has to be there and then not a week away!!!! But, I was patient and walked down to the boat trying not to interrogate him as to what it was. Although I failed as I did try to interrogate him.....

As we exited the building I swear it felt hotter than ever......was it ever going to cool down...…..we walked to the boat and had a few minutes wait and it was here...…...

He told me on the boat to Citywalk........so, it turned out we had been gifted the Scare Actor Dining Experience...…...and it was tonight...…..Now, I was surprised...….the person who had gifted it had told Tom all he had to do was book the time and date that suited us best and he had managed to do that without me finding out......that is quite the feat as I`m known as Miss Marple or Sherlock Holmes among my friends as I seem to find out things...…..frequently...…..so for him to have done this took me by surprise...….and it was a nice surprise......I think.

We hadn't heard many good reviews if any of the previous years......but this year, we had heard it had been improved...…..and the houses were good this year, so we could expect characters from Stranger Things, Trick r Treat, Poltergeist and of course Michael Myers would HAVE to be there...….he was a classic character wasn't he!!!

I was going to give this a good shot......and was quite looking forward to it now...…..and Tom was bedside himself that I would get a picture with my favourite boogey man...…...that was his main thought since he knew we were going...…..and he knew I would be beyond excited too.

The booking was for 5.15 so we went through the gates and had a wander around the store as we were a little early...…..but then headed over where our tickets were checked and we were told to enjoy...……

We never eat in the Monsters Café......don't think the food is good enough, but the décor is well worth seeing...….but that's about it...……

So, we were instructed to line up for food, as much as we liked...…...hmmm. As we got in line this little guy with a strange outfit and a hump came rumbling through between us all being funny.....well, he was supposed to be funny....I think.....believe he was Igor as I found out later...…..I guessed he was the warm up act.

We had a look at the food which rather ironically had a warning to beware of hot surface...….considering none of the food was warm it seemed a little redundant...…….

i-TcxqztN-XL.jpg

i-qtWPBdv-XL.jpg

i-Cf3qC5V-XL.jpg

i-Hfn5NLK-XL.jpg

i-NPVTZGK-XL.jpg

i-g9BD7sj-XL.jpg

i-nQ3KDZQ-XL.jpg

The ribs were the only dish we saw replenished while we were there...….and they weren't great.

i-83tHCCs-XL.jpg

i-RQXH7C9-XL.jpg

i-xvVRMpH-XL.jpg

I took a piece of chicken marsala that was stone cold, some potatoes that were cold, a piece of the beef medallion that was the nicest thing on offer, did try a rib or two but they didn't taste of anything and I saw the chef slice the strip loin and thought he was very generous with his cut...….when it came to us, he couldn't have cut it any finer if he had a razor blade!!!! You could have read a newspaper through it, it was that thinly cut......

Tom chose the chicken piece and he said he enjoyed that.....but the other stuff was very poor...….

So we wandered round with our plastic plate and tray with some food on it, and we got our soda too...….we took a seat and there was cutlery set out on the tables...…..we sat down and wondered when the SA would be out...……..I had seen this guy wandering around with a white coat on, I wasn't sure he was a mad scientist or mad doctor...…..or even Doc Brown from Back to the Future...….turns out he was Dr Frankenstein???? And he was one of the SA for the evening.....

So we sat down and I had barely opened the knife and fork when a guy came up to the table and others too and said as soon as we liked we could leave as the houses were open for us...….what!!!! We just sat down dude...……

We looked at our food and it just didn't look appetizing at all...…...but the beef medallion was nice so I ate all of that, and Tom ate his chicken piece......then we saw Sam appear......we do like Sam...…..he was good actually......he came right up to the table but the pictures were so close they didn't turn out.....he peered right into my face though and was a little creepy...…..

i-jfTd9Nd-XL.jpg

This guy was really good!!! He creeped up behind me and gave me the biggest scare I was going to get at this event......and of course it was the one time I had food in my mouth...….lol...….but I let out such a scream the lady at the table behind Tom screamed too...….it was funny……..

i-kZNNSsv-XL.jpg

At this point a witch appeared...….she was from Scary Tales of course, but the family around us didn't have a clue who she was as they hadn't done the house yet...…..so she was just a witch as far as they were concerned......she was very interactive and quite funny...…..but we were all waiting on the main SA...….or so we thought.

A woman wandered around with a green dress on and a mask...….we had no clue who she was supposed to be......the table opposite us asked us who she was...….we later found out she was Lady Liberty???????

At this point the family opposite us asked when the other SA were coming out, they were here to see the Stranger Things characters......another family expected the spooky man from Poltergeist and a character from Blumhouse Happy Death Day...…....….they didn't really get an answer...…..so Tom went over and very politely asked a very lovely and happy looking young lady when the other SA would be out, namely Michael Myers...…...her smile dropped in an instant and she said oh there`s no one else......Tom asked her if the people that were wandering around were the whole event and she rather awkwardly said yes.

He no had to come back and tell me I wasn't seeing MM...….and the family opposite had heard her say the same thing...…..they weren't happy. Neither were we...……

To be fair......yeah right...….Universal hadn't advertised these characters would be there...…….but, as we and others discussed later there is a certain expectation that the main characters from some houses would be there......and you don't get much bigger than MM as the boogey man...….the family who were there to see ST characters got up and left at this point exclaiming their disgust...…….

We too decided to leave at this point too, but quietly......no point in hanging around when that was it.

I was annoyed for a few reasons...…..mainly that Tom had been so disappointed for me, he had so wanted me to have my long coveted picture with MM......I was annoyed it had been a gift and it wasn't great...…..and now I was just annoyed!!! I guess some people must have had warm food, but we didn't and that wasn't good. The food was a side of the event really, but we did expect to be able to eat something decent.....and we didn't.

So we decided as the man who had been so welcoming to us and told us we could leave as soon as we arrived, told us the houses were open for us....I hadn't ever heard this about this event before and seriously doubted it...….but we headed round to Halloween to of course be told it wasn't open till 6.30......I knew that...…..but one of the manager ladies that was standing told us to go round to the front of the park where we could get a map with the times of the houses on them...….oh ok, we would do that.

So, we wandered round to the front and I did indeed get my map...…..while Tom took a picture of the crowd waiting to get in...….that is a crowd!!!!

i-GtCp82j-XL.jpg

So, they do clear the park ahead of opening and we turned to walk back up out of the way and go towards ST which we planned to do first tonight......when a man shouted, yes, shouted at me to stop...…..so I stopped......he asked not very friendly what was I doing here...….grabbing a map was my answer.....he then proceeded to tell me I shouldn't be here and I needed to leave this area right now and would I go up one side of the street or the other......so I kept on the way I was going when he exclaimed Oh well this way will do then...….I was walking up the way he told me to go...…..so then as Tom followed behind he demanded to see my Horror night ticket...….no problem, and showed him my ticket...…..and we proceeded up towards Despicable Me ride at this point...….he then told me I shouldn't come back to this area as they were sweeping the park......I said I had no intention of doing that...….and then he turned and went back.

Granted, we probably shouldn't have been there, but a manager told us to go get a map......so we did...…..he wasn't very nice, but I`ll be generous and say he seemed very stressed out and I can imagine how difficult it is to clear the park each evening...…..but his attitude was a little unnecessary for a manger. There were some other people around that had been at the SA dining experience.....But, heyho........it seemed this wasn't going to be our night...…..lol...…..

We did get some images of these guys getting ready to come out when they opened the gates...…..

i-sVmztQv-XL.jpg

HHN coming up...……..

I am sure the houses and scare zones made up for the SA dinner

You had the same experiences I had which is why I have not returned to Monster Cafe hhn dinner
(I went 3 different years and no improvement )

I’m looking forward to reading more of your hhn fun!

I am sure the houses and scare zones made up for the SA dinner

You had the same experiences I had which is why I have not returned to Monster Cafe hhn dinner
(I went 3 different years and no improvement )

I’m looking forward to reading more of your hhn fun!

We could have lived with poor food as that wasn’t the main reason we were there.......but it was such a poor SA turnout that most were complaining about......Lady Liberty??? I didn’t get that at all........

There should have been more prominent SA.

But, yes, our night did get better...........:wave2:

I’m all caught up now! I’m glad you enjoyed your Birthday dinner, the steaks look very tasty!

Sorry the SA dinner wasn’t better, I feel bad for Tom now, he was so excited to surprise you with a Michael Meyers meet! Well, I have to say that was an odd mix of SA, Lady Liberty, was she a demented lady Liberty :rotfl2:

The few pictures of the food don’t look all that appealing, it was a nice gesture to get this as a gift, glad you didn’t pay extra for it.

I’m excited to hear more, keep the great updates coming! You sure do a good job updating, love it!

I’m all caught up now! I’m glad you enjoyed your Birthday dinner, the steaks look very tasty!

Sorry the SA dinner wasn’t better, I feel bad for Tom now, he was so excited to surprise you with a Michael Meyers meet! Well, I have to say that was an odd mix of SA, Lady Liberty, was she a demented lady Liberty :rotfl2:

The few pictures of the food don’t look all that appealing, it was a nice gesture to get this as a gift, glad you didn’t pay extra for it.

I’m excited to hear more, keep the great updates coming! You sure do a good job updating, love it!

Thanks Caroline........yep, those steaks were amazing!!

Yes, I think I felt bad more for Tom as he was thrilled at the thought of it........but yes, they were the strangest mix of SA and I couldn’t work out the significance of some......no lady liberty just kind of wandered around......I didn’t even get a good view of her!!! I would never do it again and felt bad it was a gift too!!

Glad you’re still reading along.........:wave2:

Well,what a letdown! Disappointed would be an understatement.Booo!

lol...….we booooo`d them too!!!

It really was a letdown......so many were disappointed. I`m sure someone must have enjoyed it????? Maybe...…..

So, someone sent me a pm and asked if we complained about the SA dining experience.

The answer is yes, absolutely...…..we obviously filled in the survey that comes through after these things. I didn't hold back on that either.

Have also emailed Universal with a long and detailed list of what exactly we felt was wrong with the whole event for us. I`m sure there must be people who enjoyed the food, someone must have had hot food at some point.

The food really was secondary. I had seen previous pictures of the food served and it certainly didn't look palatable, and I wouldn't say I was overly fussy......high standards maybe. But I don't think it was unreasonable to expect food served to be edible and warm. Nor should we have been encouraged to leave as soon as we sat down.

The real disappointment was lack of relevant SA to the theme of the event this year...…..and yes, I`m biased but Michael Myers should have been there...…

So waiting to hear back from the relevant people now.

So, after being fed cold food, been bitterly disappointed at the SA presence, shouted at by a very stressed man...…..we decided the night could only get better!!!! It really had to didn't it......well, it couldn't get much worse...…..

Tom at this point wanted to go make a complaint about the guy who shouted at me...….Tom has never raised his voice to me in all our time together......so he was annoyed that this guy......but, I gave the guy a break and to be honest, we shouldn't have been there...….it certainly wouldn't be given another thought from me tonight...……these things happen.

It was still boiling hot tonight again...…..my face looked like it had been slapped silly when I caught sight of it in a mirror!!!

We decided to go down to Stranger Things...…..the gates hadn't been opened yet, so it was only going to be folks from the holding areas...….how bad could it be at this time...…..well, it was bad for the regular line...…..at 6.15 the line was 105 minutes...…..…..this was the line as we walked in the EP line at 6.15pm.

i-XcG6Vtv-XL.jpg

We got to the door and went in just under 20 minutes after we joined the line........we really enjoyed the house, we thought it was very true to the show and recognized many things in it.....I was glad we had watched it...….the characters had quite a good likeness to their character in the show. And I loved the end where she is stood and you got a good scare. So, 20 minutes was an alright wait for the house, thank goodness for EP...…..although when we came out it had changed...….the gates had been opened...….

i-H8cL6cH-XL.jpg

150 minutes?????

We headed back to do Halloween now.....I couldn't wait any longer...…..I still enjoy the houses when it`s not dark outside, doesn't affect my enjoyment of them because it`s light outside...….so Michael it was...…….

I cannot remember what the regular line was for this but Tom thinks it was 50 minutes...….so we got our cards scanned and joined what was a 10 minute wait...….some very unique outfits tonight......lovely, but unusual......

I do get nervous a little, although I`m fully aware it`s a fun event and nothing will harm me...…..but he is my one genuine nightmare...…..the same way folks are afraid of clowns, or in some cases balloons??? So as we go in the house I try to think of this little meme...…..one of my favourites………..

Can you imagine!!!!

The house was phenomenal tonight...…..I had tried to remember where every Michael was, and failed...…..and I swear it was the same guy who did the same thing to me tonight again......he stepped out in front of me, out of synch and stood right in front of me...…..again, I wouldn't go forward till he had done the slight head tilt which is incredibly eerie......and then slashed his knife towards me...….of course it wasn't that way, but it kinda felt that way!!!! I got loads of scares again and one Michael got me twice!!!! I do come out that house feeling a little "wow"

If the line had been shorter we would have done it twice, but not going to wait almost an hour to do it again. But, we did love this house for obvious reasons...….

We walked quickly through the Chucky zone and didn't take any pictures tonight...…..it was flat. I know it was early, but there was just no atmosphere...…

We did love this scene though...…..

i-23JbPkk-XL.jpg

After we stopped here, we went into the Twisted Tradition zone...…...this was good, but the zone had been so much better last year......one of the few things that had been better last year...…..

But, when the SA are so good at taking pictures with you, it`s hard to fault it, and we did get a load of pictures in this zone....some just didn't turn out as good as I either moved away too quickly when getting a scare, or it was too misty........it was visually so much prettier after dark with the glowing evil pumpkins perched high among the branches...…

i-wPcrWbC-XL.jpg

i-m7jrCc2-XL.jpg

i-g4PsMqS-XL.jpg

I thought this guy, in his SA way, beckoned me over for a picture...….but he was distracted by a group wanting a picture so we kept going...…Tom said I imagined it......lol...…I wasn't so sure...….

i-PRqmCtz-XL.jpg

i-n6tFwtD-XL.jpg

I loved this guy!!! he followed us relentlessly tonight while we were in this zone...….it was funny and we did enjoy his character playing a game with us...….

i-Rp9hjvv-XL.jpg

i-gKRBbsS-XL.jpg

This was always a decent zone for picture ops and the SA do such a good job, but lacked the scares of previous years...…...still, we wouldn't miss walking through it on the nights we attended as it was a whole load of fun.

Turning the corner we headed to the two houses that were known for their long......long walks...……..:sad2:

I think we did Seeds of Extinction first...…...this walk was long...…..I may mention that a few times......it was a really long walk......and it was as hot as walking on the the sun still...…...I didn't remember ever walking as far to any house that was at the rear of the park before...…..everyone was complaining about it tonight...…

So, we got to the house and it looked decent from the outside...….and several folks had told us on TM preview night, this had been their favourite…...so, I was looking forward to this one...…..the regular line showed 60 minutes, but we were on in maybe 5 minutes once we had done the ten mile trek round the park...….well, maybe it just felt that way...….

i-S2pJWbP-XL.jpg

I hated this house. Actually hated it...…..

Tom asked me what I thought of it when we came out...….so I told him...…….

I think he sensed all the way round I was bored.
It was all the same plant all the way around...…..dull with no scares whatsoever.....and I hated the things above you dripping on you...…..I did like the floor was angled like Dead Waters last year...….now that was a good house!!!! But, I wouldn't be going back to this house again...….Tom thought it wasn't the worst house he had been in, but certainly not worth the walk...…...it was a long walk!!!! We did see our friend Sam heading in line to the house but he way past before we could wave...…..

Now we had to walk all the way back again...…..and we went in to Trick R Treat...…….it was showing a 30 minute wait......or as the girl in front said they should have put up the walking time instead...…..this one didn't seem just as bad till we got round...…..we merged in line at some point near the entrance...…..

i-Sx8xZQr-XL.jpg

This was a good house!!! We hadn't watched this movie till about a week or so before we arrived for HHN...…..the scare zone from last year which had been excellent made much more sense once we had seen the movie...…..and it did enhance the enjoyment of the house...…..

There is a really good scare right at the beginning if you time it right...…..I did...….I was gazing at the hologram at the top of the stairs......I should have been looking in front of me, especially when the hologram disappeared with a bang......lol...……it was funny though!!!

The house is recognizable from the movie, but even if you haven't seen it, I`d bet you`ll enjoy it...…….

We come back out and again, we have to trek all the way back to ET...…..this was the worst part of the houses being so far back......you may have slightly shorter lines, but boy do you walk to get to them. We would however, walk back and do this one again......it was fun...….who doesn't love little Sam!!!!

We then walked around and went to do Slaughter Sinema……, stopping off first to buy some water as we were so thirsty right now......that was a welcome drink tonight!!! I think we downed a bottle of ice cold water each in around 10 seconds...….

We did hate having to walk through the chain saw guys again......these are beyond boring now......unless you are a teenage girl with the highest pitched scream on the planet, you`ll have no real interest in them...……..I have no idea what the regular line was for Slaughter Sinema, but we walked on in minutes......friends told us later they waited around 15 minutes with EP later on around midnight...…..

i-JGM89V8-XL.jpg

We loved this house...…...it was original and funny in places...….some really good scares and it was another house you really wanted to stop and take it all in as there was so much to see.....this was another must do house...……

We didn't plan to do Dead Exposure. I don't have epilepsy or anything even close, but the strobe lighting effects as bad as this house had them, does knock me slightly and that affects my equilibrium at times, so we weren't going to do this one at all.

i-3RZPs2g-XL.jpg

Overlooking the park is so lovely when it`s all lit up at night...….and the sounds of horror night all enhanced the spooky feeling of the evening....

i-sGct7zZ-XL.jpg

We did Blumhouse next which was a complete walk on...….the regular line showed 45 minutes. We never stopped once from when we entered the line till we entered the house itself...…..

i-MH9z9Hb-XL.jpg

We had watched Happy Death Day before we arrived this year too...….and for a cheesy horror film we quite enjoyed it...….but we hate The Purge......bored with it now and never did find it the least bit scary.

So, this seemed an odd house to merge together...…..and it was a let down...….there were a few good moments when I did get a scare, but generally not a strong house at all and once we hit The Purge it lost me completely. We were bored with this whole house. Wouldn't be doing this one again...…..

We were just in time to go into Academy of Villains...…..and we did look forward to this one...…..our pictures are very poor with this one, but we didn't take that many as we just wanted to watch the show. The first year we saw this it was innovative and energizing......last year because of hurricane damage they didn't get their full stage so we saw a diminished show somewhat, but it was still good...…..this time, we were pleased when it ended.

It was still kind of good...….but not in the same league as the first year`s line up. And loud!!!

We were glad we had watched it, but sheesh......that area is boiling hot!!!! They needed some more cold air circulating...….not pleasant. We still miss The RHPS in this venue.......wish they would bring that back...……best show ever!!!!

Next up.....we were going to spend some time in Potter......it would be much cooler in there!!!!

i-6ChnKTq-XL.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter